Gå til innhold
Spørsmål om helse? Still spørsmål anonymt her ×
Husk at de som svarer ikke nødvendigvis er helsefaglig personell. Ta kontakt med fastlege ved bekymringer!

Dengue feber - Spørsmål om smittefare ?

G

Anbefalte innlegg

Ser at det nå er smittefare på Madeira (Portugal) med Dengue feber.

(fra oktober 2012 er det smittet 2000 mennesker med Dengue feber på Madeira)

Mennesket er vektor, dvs. der myggen henter smitte sånn at den kan bringes videre til et nytt menneske.

Vektor kan være svært forskjellige. Menneske, fugl, smågnagere, hjort, hund med flere.

Her er det mennesket. Kan man da få Dengue feber ved at en slik nordmann med pågående Dengue feber i kroppen kommer hjem til Norge fra ferie mitt i den værste myggsesongen i Norge? Hvor stor er denne risikoen, dersom en slik person blir smittet og smitter noen få mygg (la oss si 10 stykk mygg i første omgang) ?

Endret av G
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

"For Dengue er vektoren mygg av Aedes-familien, da hovedsakelig Aedes aegypti (http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Dengue06.png) og Aedes albopictus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Albopictus_distribution_2007.png) " - wikipedia.

"Aedes is a genus of mosquito originally found in tropical and subtropical zones, but now found on all continents excluding Antarctica." - wikipedia "Some species of this genus transmit serious diseases, including dengue fever and yellow fever" - wikipedia

Om noen av de som smitter finnes i Norge vet jeg ikke.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...

Her er en rapport om en kanskje lovende utvikling av en vaksinekandidat. Thailandske vaksineforskere:

http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/committees/WHO_dengue_vaccine_QA_september2012.pdf

<Sarkasme>: Hvorfor ikke bruke barn i vaksineforskning? </Sarkasme>

Info fra rapporten:

The study

population consists of 4,002 children aged 4 to 11 years in Ratchaburi Province, Thailand. Efficacy,

safety and immunogenicity results, as available one year after completion of the vaccination

schedule, are described in a recent publication.

The study protocol includes a follow-up period of

two additional years, which is currently ongoing.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 8 måneder senere...

915f1708e0884bedb36d09123575a676.jpg

Husk denne vaksinen må dekke alle 4 typene dengue feber for å være nyttig, da det ellers er stor blødningsfare om man får en av de fire variantene som kroppen IKKE har bygget opp motstandskraft i mot. Det er derfor vesentlig at vaksinen er idiotsikker, for ellers utsetter man de vaksinerte for en blødningsfare ved ny smitte.

I Brazil testes en vaksinekandidat på 300 frivillige.

Sao Paulo - Brazilian scientists will next month begin clinical tests on humans of a new vaccine against dengue fever, a leading Sao Paulo-based biomedical research institute said on Thursday.

The vaccine is being developed to combat the four closely related strains of dengue viruses that have been identified around the world, the Butantan institute said in a statement.

Brazil is frequently afflicted with the disease, which is spread by the mosquito Aedes aegypti.

Work on the vaccine began in 2005 in partnership with the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), Butantan said.

In a first phase, the vaccine was tested on animals and humans in the United States and produced a good immunological response, it noted.

The second phase is to begin in October with clinical tests on 300 Brazilian volunteers, all healthy adults aged between 18 and 59 of both sexes, over a five-year period.

The institute said the vaccine is expected to be ready by 2018.

Major advance

"This new phase is very important because it will be adapted to the particular characteristics of the Brazilian population," said Butantan Director Jorge Kalil.

"The production of a Brazilian vaccine for dengue fever is a major advance for public health," said Sao Paulo state health secretary Giovanni Guido Cerri.

"We are making major strides toward producing a safe, effective and low-cost vaccine which can be incorporated into the National Immunisation Program and meet the entire Brazilian demand."

Dengue fever affects between 50 and 100 million people in the tropics and subtropics each year, causing fever, muscle and joint ache as well as potentially fatal dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome.

Researchers estimate that around three billion people in the world live in regions susceptible to dengue contagion and another 20 million tourists pass through them.

Butantan, which has a long tradition of research on snakes and poisonous animals, is the leading domestic producer of anti-venom sera and vaccines.

Endret av G
Lenke til kommentar

First four-in-one vaccine on way

The first four-in-one dengue vaccine, developed by France's Sanofi Pasteur, is due to start production later this year at Neuville sur Saône, just north of Lyon, coming on to the market in 2015. "We have reached a very important stage, entering phase three of clinical trials, and in the course of 2014 we expect to see the efficacy data from trials on 30,000 volunteers in 10 countries in Asia and Latin America," project leader Guillaume Leroy said in July.

Management at the parent company Sanofi is presenting the drug as a "strategic" business venture, the potential market being worth an estimated $1bn.

As it takes two years to manufacture a vaccine, the firm has decided to launch the process before receiving the necessary marketing authorisations, following clinical trials.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/aug/27/dengue-fever-epidemic-central-america

Lenke til kommentar

However, the Paris-based drugmaker has generated some skepticism about the likelihood of success for the vaccine after turning in mixed results in a major study of the drug candidate in Thailand, where the shot showed some protection against three out of four strains of dengue and failed against the country's most prevalent strain at the time of the trial.

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/analysts-grow-skeptical-about-sanofis-800m-bet-dengue-vaccine/2013-08-05

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/health/a-dengue-vaccine-falls-short-of-expectations.html?_r=0

The leading candidate to become the world’s first vaccine againstdengue fever was only 30 percent effective in its first large clinical trial

WHO om dengue feber

Lenke til kommentar

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/09/16/dengue-fever-spreads-north/

When Alec Falkenham got a rash on his back, he thought nothing of it. The 26-year-old from Halifax was vacationing last winter in Puerto Morelos, a small fishing village lined with palm trees a 45-minute drive south of Cancún, Mexico. “I figured it was because of a sea anemone,” he says. But when he got home, his bones began throbbing. “It’s the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life. It’s like someone is squeezing your muscles and bones, just compressing them,” says Falkenham, who works as a doctoral student in pathology at Dalhousie University. He was eventually diagnosed with dengue fever, a mosquito-borne, potentially lethal virus. Falkenham would go to the emergency ward three more times that week, and spent the next week on painkillers, the only way to dull the agony. “It was two weeks of solid pain,” he says, “every day and every hour.”

Otherwise known as breakbone fever for the agony it causes, the full impact of the tropical disease is only now being appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...