Gå til innhold

Hva driver Obsidian med?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Eh... de to motorene er jo to av de dårligste spillmotorene i historien. Onyxmotoren som de brukte til Dungeon Siege 3 virker jo mye bedre, men den gang var det jo spillet som led.....

Rolig nå!

FNV-motoren trenger ikke kommenteres, men MotB vil jeg ikke høre en vondt ord om! (Såfremt det ikke er klaging på spirit-meter da... Eller på hvor gigantiske alle mods og slikt er i nwn2 kontra nwn1.)

Endret av Godsaker
Lenke til kommentar

Neverwinter Nights 2-motoren er en av de mest uoptimaliserte motorene i historien, om ikke den mest uoptimaliserte av dem alle. Det tok mange år med patcher og nyere hardware(!) for å gjøre det spillbart. Det gjorde at ingen klarte å kjøre noen som helst persistant worlds, som var grunnen til at eneren holdt det gående så lenge. Enorme filer som måtte lastes ned av klienten hjalp heller ikke.

Når man lagde områder kunne man kun lage 2-3 forskjellige type trær, hvis ikke knela spillet. Toolsettet brukte så mye ram at man måtte lagre hvert minutt fordi den kom til å kræsje minst en gang i halvtimen og PCen ble totalt sirup slik at man nesten ikke kunne jobbe i det hele tatt. For å ikke snakke om at man nesten ikke kunne ha noen placeables i verdenen fordi det også ville knele absolutt alt, men i stedet måtte gjøre noen triks for å lure spilleren.

Ah, those were the days. Ufattelig mange triks man måtte ta i bruk for å kunne lage og spille noe som helst. Savner ikke akkurat det.....

Endret av radiohodet
Lenke til kommentar

Obsidian opprettet tydeligvis en Kickstarterprofil i August.

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/obsidian

Obsidian Entertainment is a game development studio located in Irvine, CA. We were founded in 2003 with many former Black Isle Studios employees dedicated to producing high-quality role-playing games. We're most known for games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Prior to Obsidian, each of the owners worked for Black Isle Studios as production, design, management, and programming staff, having worked on the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment series.

We loved working on those games, and feel there's a real nostalgia for them, and we're looking to you for help to bring them back!

Regner nesten med det er Kickstarter som igjen skal redde oss nå.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

$1.20m nå og strech goals har kommet.

We are excited to announce the first stretch goals for Project Eternity!

1.1 million, Base Goal – Achieved!

Base game includes three races, five classes, and five companions. We have ideas for these, but we want to hear your opinions on what you'd like to see. Stay tuned to Kickstarter, our website, and our forums to join in on the conversation.

1.4 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!

Expands your options for character creation and adds a companion of the new class.

1.6 million, a Mac Version of Project Eternity and The Story Grows!

We've listened and we’ll make a Mac version of the game at this tier. We're also going to add a new major storyline along with new quests, locations, NPCs, and unique loot (special histories everyone?).

1.8 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!

The options grow for your main character and the roster of your motley crew expands with the addition of a new companion from the selected class.

2.0 million, Player House!

Get your own house in the game that you can customize, store equipment in, and where your companions hang out, or, as the elves say, "chillax".

2.2 million, a new Region, a new Faction and another new Companion! And, dare we say it... ? LINUX!

Great news, everyone! For the Tarball Knights of Gzippia out there, we'll be adding Linux support!

Also, the world of Project Eternity grows in a major way with the inclusion of a whole new faction and the territory it holds. This adds new NPCs, quests, magic items, and hours of gameplay. And yes, you got it, another companion.

2.4 million and beyond! Coming Soon!

We've been listening to your feedback, and have the following announcements:

DRM Free: We are looking into it! Please check back for updates.

Digital Only Tiers are coming!

PayPal is coming asap. Please be patient!

New $5k Tier. We are looking into a new $5k tier since it sold out so quickly! We are looking into equivalent alternatives.

Thank you fans!

Obsidian

-Deluze

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...