Gå til innhold

Japan-katastrofen.. Konsekvenser, og hva publisher'ne gjør for å hjelper til.

KongRudi

Anbefalte innlegg

Som de aller fleste vet så er spill-industrien foreløbig ganske lite rammet.

Det har foreløbig gått relativt bra med personellet til de aller fleste spill-selskapene sine ansatte, har ennå ikke hørt om noen dødsfall. :)

Materiellt så er det endel servere nede, Konami's Metal Gear Online, Final Fantasy, etc. er stengt, pga strømforbruk.

Sony har to fabrikker som produserer DVD og Bluray oversvømt, og sannsynligvis ødelagt.

Må nok stenge endel flere fabrikker pga. strøm-sparing.

Motorstorm: Apocalypse blir utsatt i Japan på ubestemt tid, for de mente innholdet kunne være litt støtende, pga. jordskjelvene i spillet.

Også hyggelig å se at data-selskapene hjelper til:

Support from Microsoft:

- To help support ongoing relief efforts, Microsoft is making an initial commitment of $2 million, which includes $250,000 in cash as well as in-kind contributions such as software.

This commitment is in addition to the support efforts we already have underway including:

Reaching out to customers, local government, inter-government and nonprofit agencies to support relief efforts.

Working with customers and partners to conduct impact assessments.

Providing free incident support to help customers and partners impacted by the earthquake get their operations back up and running.

Offering free temporary software licenses to all impacted customers and partners as well as lead governments, nonprofit partners and institutions involved in disaster response efforts.

Making a cloud-based disaster response communications portal, based on Windows Azure, available to governments and nonprofits to enable them to communicate between agencies and directly with citizens.

Exchange Online will be made available at no cost for 90 days to business customers in Japan whose communications and collaboration infrastructure may be affected. We hope this will help them resume operations more quickly while their existing systems return to normal.

Capcom:

1. Donations to help earthquake victims and affected communities

Capcom will make donations totaling 100 million yen to help victims of the earthquake and to assist communities in recovering from this tragedy.

2. Donation program for the iPhone version of "Street Fighter IV"

Capcom is distributing worldwide the iPhone version of "Street Fighter IV" at a price of 0.99 USD (115 yen in Japan) for one week starting on March 15, 2011 (Tuesday). All of our sales from this title during this period will be donated to support earthquake relief activities.

3. Provision of "Monster Hunter Frontier Online" at no cost

Capcom is compensating users in the area damaged by the earthquake for playing "Monster Hunter Frontier Online," an online game for PC and Xbox 360, at no cost.

4. Electricity conservation and response to rolling blackouts

To reduce power consumption in response to the current shortage of electricity, Capcom will suspend operations or shorten operating hours as necessary at amusement arcades and other business sites that are located in areas served by Tohoku Electric Power and Tokyo Electric Power. In addition, Capcom will refrain from holding special events.

Tecmo Koei

Donating 10 million yen to Japan Red Cross. Also taking donations from employees and the general public. (http://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/php/pdf/news_20110314_01.pdf)

Sega Sammy

Yon-sama

Korean celebrity Bae Yong Joon, a household name in Japan and also the star of a couple of games (which is why I'm including him here), is donating 73 million yen. (Via Sankei MSN)

Nintendo

posted a message of concern for quake victims at the front of its homepage.

Nintendo

Donation of 300 million yen. (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/message110314/index.html)

Namco Bandai

Donation of 100 million yen through parent Bandai Namco Group. The company will also be suspending operations in arcades where power conservation is needed, and will be holding back on events. (http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/110314/)

5pb.

As previously reported, 5pb. will slash the price of iOS Memories Off 6 T-Wave from ¥2,000 to ¥350 and will donate all sales of the app through March 31.

Sony

Sony Group (not just the games division) is giving a donation of 300 million yen and 30,000 radios. (http://www.sony.co.jp/SonyInfo/News/...33/index.html).

Det er forløvrig disse radioene, de skal til områder som mangler strøm og som folk kan holde seg oppdatert på nyhetene, og evt. evakuerings, selv om de ikke skulle ha strøm).

The radios have a flashlight, a whistle, and a crank which can be used to recharge the unit and your cell phone. Turning the crank for one minute will let you charge your cell phone for 3 minutes talking time.

I tillegg har de startet ett kampanje-program hvor alle ansatte i utenlandske Sony-selskap kan bidra med penger, og Sony vil også bidra like mye for hver ansatt som bidrar.

Edit:

Sega har også utsatt noe Zombie-DLC til Yakuza 4.

Og Irem har kansellert Disaster Report 4.

Håper flere kan bidra med nytt. :)

Endret av KongRudi
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Gjest Slettet-NIoHlfL

nn sett trenger ikke konsekvensene å bli for omfattende, selv om vi allerede merker det med stengte servere og utsettelsen av Motorstorm (som også gjelder for europa). Før ting normaliserer seg er det nok vanskelig å få en fullstendig oversikt, men det snakkes jo allerede om en mulig global mangel på komponenter innen teknologi-industrien. Sony skal være blant de hardest rammede selskapene med 6 stengte fabrikker.

Nintendo har i alle fall meldt at 3DS produksjonen(som befinner seg i Kina) og lanseringen i USA/EU går som normalt.

Sega har også bestemt seg for at den neste uken vil de donere alt salget fra Football Manager på iOS til de rammede av katastrofen.

http://community.sig...-Japan-disaster

Endret av Slettet-NIoHlfL
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...