Gå til innhold

TEST: Corsair VX450W

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
VX450W har en enkel +12 V-linje. Dette betyr i praksis at man får et mindre tap i ampere - noe man ville fått om det var flere linjer. På en annen side, så bryter dette med punkt 1.2.1 og 1.2.3 i ATX 2.2-standarden.

Dette er bare positivt .

EPS12V standarden har forresten aldri hatt dette kravet.

Noen ord fra hva "Mike Chin" fant ut omtalt her :

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article28-page3.html

interviewed a number of engineers from several power supply manufacturers to pose this very question. The answers were surprising. All of the engineers I spoke with wished to remain anonymous. This is a summary of what they told me:

Some PSU makers are using 12V2 to supply more than just the 2x12V or 4x12V connectors. It is often used to power the 6-pin 12V PCIe outputs as well.

Many PSUs marked as having dual (or more) 12V lines actually have only a single 12V line — they do not feature two 240VA current limiters specified by ATX12V v2.xx; they have only one Over Current Protection (OCP - current limiter) for the single 12V line.

The 240VA current limit is considered a high cost, useless annoyance by most PSU makers. If multiple 12V lines are used, because the vast majority of components now use mostly 12V, the 18~20A limit for any line means that the precise power distribution to the various 12V output connectors can become critically important in some cases.

The engineers point to the many high power pre-V2.xx ATX12V PSUs that had as much as 30A on a single 12V line. As a product class, those have not proven to be any more dangerous in any way than other ATX12V PSUs. Even if exceeding 240VA in a single wire run was dangerous, this is extremely unlikely to occur in a PC because 12V is distributed to many different components on many different wire runs.

What's really interesting is that Intel has tacitly waived the 240VA limit requirement in its PSU validation program for the better part of a year. Intel maintains a web page listing all the ATX12V they have tested that "meet MINIMUM electrical, mechanical fit and functional compatibility" with Intel desktop boards and processors. For the 32 ATX12V v2.2 PSUs tested in 2005 that are on this list, 17 models are identified as having at least one output line that exceeds 240VA. And yet, these 17 models are on Intel's approved list.

According to the engineers I spoke with, the majority of these 17 models have just one 12V line. They also point out that there are another 20 or so ATX12V v2.0 PSU models on the Intel list, and none of them were tested for the 240VA current limit conformance. My sources say that if these models had been tested, more than half would not conform to the 240VA current limit because they have only one 12V line.

In the last couple of months, my PS engineering sources report, Intel has verbally informed them that the 240VA limit has been removed. A single 12V line is now "officially" approved, never mind what ATX12V v2.2 specifies.

What does all this mean? The safety benefit of dual 12V lines is questioned by the engineers I spoke with. There are many downsides to multiple 12V lines, including higher cost and the extra headache of ensuring adequate 12V current for all the components in complex, high power systems. For the consumer who is trying to make a choice among the myriad of PSUs available on the retail market today, the most practical approach regarding dual 12V lines and power capacity is to consider only the combined 12V current capacity.

Lenke til kommentar
VX450W har en enkel +12 V-linje. Dette betyr i praksis at man får et mindre tap i ampere - noe man ville fått om det var flere linjer. På en annen side, så bryter dette med punkt 1.2.1 og 1.2.3 i ATX 2.2-standarden.

Dette er bare positivt .

EPS12V standarden har forresten aldri hatt dette kravet.

Noen ord fra hva "Mike Chin" fant ut omtalt her :

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article28-page3.html

*snip*

9426959[/snapback]

Hei,

Takk for informasjonen henvidningen til intervjuet!

Selv har jeg hørt noen rykter rundt dette, men med tanke på at det fortsatt er et pukt i standarden, så nevner jeg det i artiklen, uten å gå dypere i det.

Lenke til kommentar
Kan også nevnes at VX-serien ikke har avtagbare kabler slik HX-serien har.

Edit: VX 450W: 608,- ----- HX 520W: 731,-

Avtagbare kabler og 70W mer er kanskje verdt 123,-?

9426255[/snapback]

Det er kun hos shg.no du finner den prisforskjellen, shg.no har noen utrolig lave priser på HX serien. Prisforskjell hos andre nettbutikker er ca 300 kr.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 4 måneder senere...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...