Gå til innhold

Duke Nukem Forever får ny fysikkmotor (PC)

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Håper ikke det går like ille med Half Life2 som dette spillet..kanskje det er HL2 sin releasedato vi sitter og ler av om 2 år.

DNF har vært "nesten ferdig" mange ganger, så bytta de plutselig spillmotor fordi den gamle var utdatert.

Les denne artikkelen:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/20/news_6107712.html

Der står det i korte trekk at Vivendi og Valve gikk til rettssak mot hverandre for 2 år siden, og oppgjøret kommer nå snart i rettssalen. Da kan Vivendi bruke som pressmiddel at de som publisher har lov å sitte på HL2 i 6 mnd, men det er lite sannsynlig, siden Valve også VET at vivendi er finansiellt avhengige av at det slippes. (MAASSSSSE salgsinntekter)..vi får se..

DNF blir vel kjapt utsatt et år til mens de implementerer den nye fysikkmotoren ja.

Og da er det på tide å oppdatere grafikken noen hakk også..osv osv osv.

Endret av Bitex
Lenke til kommentar
Dette kommer ikke til å ha noe utslag på produksjonstiden. George Broussard sa detteShacknews
The integration will end up being about a month of one persons time, simply to hook up the new Meqon function calls to a couple hundred high level gameplay functions we had to deal with physics objects.

Her er noen andre ting George Broussard har sagt om dette:

You joke, but it's a fairly small scale thing to do. The bulk of the work was done in a couple of weeks and there will be a couple more. That's about like adding in any standard new system to the game, and we have dozens of small, little one month projects that the game is built upon.

But going forward this is incredibly good for the game.

og

>>There must be considerable advantages to Megon over Karma for you to make the switch. What are they?

IMO, Karma was first gen. Havok was second gen. Meqon is third gen. It's way way faster than Karma ever was, and it does more, and it's cleaner to use. I know Havok is working on next gen stuff now, but it's not available yet.

>>A while ago, GB said all physics engines were basically the same. Did this change with the new generation of physics engines?

At the time they were. That is no longer the case.

>> Has the improvements in the physics engines "changed" DNF content?

It will allow us to do more with physics and we will do what we can to make things cool.

>> Rather than another switch, why not just build yer own damn physics engine?

Physics engines are one of the hardest things to write, so it's best left to a middleware solution.

>>I thought the DNF engine was done. Why are you guys messing with it now?

The rendering has been done a long time. The physics we had have been in for 3 years. We had a ton of physics gameplay code on top of Karma. All we did was replace the low level stuff with Meqon and re-hook it up to our high level stuff.

Why did we do it? Because Karma was too slow to do anything we were trying to do. I don't feel it was a shippable solution, and in fact very few game shipped with it, doing much more than ragdoll.

This is a *very* good thing for the game.

Enda en quote:

Simon said:

George, WE WANT DUKE BACK!!!!!! PLEASE SAY YOU'LL SHIP THIS GAME ONE DAY!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will ship this game one day.

It isn't as if we're not trying and consumed by that goal on a daily basis. Your continued support is very much appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
er det nokon andre spel som brukar denne fysikkmotoren?

Tror ikke det, men du kan laste ned noen demoer på hjemmesiden til Meqon

har leike meg litt med ein av dei, ganskje artig.

frå det eg såg i frå den, så ser motoren bra ut den. blir spanande å sjå kva 3DRealms får ut av den.

Lenke til kommentar
er det nokon andre spel som brukar denne fysikkmotoren?

HomeLAN - Currently, how many games and developers are using your technology?

Marcus Lysén - Most of our developers want to keep things secret, we consider ourselves lucky that 3D Realms is okay with going public like this. Currently we are working with about 25 developers that are using our SDK, on three platforms and on four continents. The first game out with Meqon technology will be Shade: Wrath of Angels which is out October 1st.

Lenke til kommentar
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...