Gå til innhold

Hva skjuler det seg bak din Ctrl+v?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

The Sanford house was on a hill outside the town. On the burnt-up plain itself there grew nothing but those bare spiky thorn trees that you find all over East Africa. We sat there watching the sun go down behind the flat down plain that was covered with thorn trees.

Suddenly, the voice of a man yelling in Swahili exploded into the quiet of the evening. It was my boy, Mdisho. "Bwana! Bwana! Bwana!" he was yelling from somewhere behind the house. "Simba, bwana! Simba! Simba! The lion has taken the wife of the cook and the lion is eating her and the cook is chasing the lion and trying to save his wife!"

The lion had the woman by the waist so that her head and arms hung down on one side and her legs on the other, and I could see that she was wearing a red and white spotted dress. The lion, so startlingly close, was loping away from us in the calmest possible manner with a slow, long-striding, springy lope, and behind the lion, not more than the length of a tennis court behind, ran the cook himself in his white cotton robe and with his red hat on his head, running most bravely and waving his arms like a whirlwind, leaping, clapping his hands, screaming, shouting, shouting, shouting, "Simba! Simba! Simba! Simba! Let go of my wife! Let go of my wife!" Oh, it was a scene of great tragedy and comedy both mixed up together, and now Robert Sanford was running full speed after the cook who was running after the lion.

The lion was heading for one of those hillocks that was densely covered with jungle trees and we all knew that once he got in there, we would never be able to get at him. The incredibly brave cook was actually catching up on the lion and was now not more than ten yards behind him, and Robert Sanford was thirty or forty yards behind the cook. "Aye!" the cook was shouting. "Simba! Simba! Simba! Let go my wife! I am coming after you, Simba!"

Then Robert Sanford stopped and raised his rifle and took aim, and I thought surely he is not risking a shot at a moving lion when it’s got a woman in its jaws. There was an almighty crack as the big gun went off and I saw a spurt of dust just ahead of the lion. The lion stopped dead and turned his head, still holding the woman in his jaws. He must have thought an army was coming after him, because instantaneously he dropped the cook’s wife on to the ground and broke for cover. I have never seen anything accelerate so fast from a standing start.

The cook reached the wife first, then Robert Sanford, then me. I couldn’t believe what I saw. I was certain that the grip of those terrible jaws would have ripped the woman’s waist and stomach almost in two, but there she was sitting up on the ground and smiling at the cook, her husband.

"Where are you hurt?" shouted Robert Sanford, rushing up.

The cook’s wife looked up at him and kept smiling, and she said in Swahili, "That old lion he couldn’t scare me, I just lie there in his mouth pretending I was dead and he didn’t even bite through my clothes. He carried me as gently as if I had been one of his own cubs. But now I shall have to wash my dress."

Et utdrag fra forberedelsesheftet( Going solo by Roald Dahl)

Endret av Bassa.
Lenke til kommentar

Ny klokke

Det var en gang to blondiner som var ute for å handle. Se! Sa den ene. En kjempefin klokke! Etter å ha kjøpt klokka skulle hun se om den gikk riktig. Venninnen hennes hadde en klokka som gikk riktig. Den sto på 2:45. Blondine nummer en sin klokke sto på 2:05. Da spurte blondine nummer en venninnen sin: Åssen stiller man den? Enkelt! Sa hun. Bare vent til din også viser 2. 45. Så bare stopper jeg min imens.

Lenke til kommentar

I was at the beach there I saw you. The water was cool, so was you.

You all I saw, the best friend in the world.

The day was over I went home,

Lying in bed, the night was long.

Next day , same time same place but you wasn’t there . My life was empty, yes I swear.

Than you came, I saw you’re smile. The smile of best friends, for all time.

I swim to an island same did you, I cleared my mind and talked with you.

The best friend in world in front of me, you’re the best that happened to me.

I looked at you’re eyes and what I saw, was friends for ever, for ever and more.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...