Gå til innhold

Historiske sitater tråden

MetroN

Anbefalte innlegg

Har du noen sitater som gir det gåsehud, eller som har en dypere mening?

Vennligst ha med hvem som var så smart og sa den spesielle setningen.

Post dem her.

Mine bidrag:

"It's not about dying for your country, but making the other poor bastard die for his".

- General Patton.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell.

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."

- George Orwell.

"Hvis det ikke hadde vært for den norske handelsflåten, kunne vi like gjerne bedt Hitler om hans betingelser."

Admiral Sir Charles Dickens, Royal Navy, Storbritannia, i BBC 1941.

"Jeg tror det var et britisk tidsskrift som sa at den norske handelsflåten var like meget verdt som en million soldater. Jeg vil benytte anledningen til å si at dette ikke er noen overdrivelse. Dere er verdt mer enn en million soldater."

Kontreadmiral Emery S. Land, USA, desember 1941.

"Den norske tankeflåte betydde like meget for slaget om Atlanterhavet som Spitfireflyet betydde for slaget om Storbritannia."

Noel Baker, Ministry of War Transport, Storbritannia, april 1942.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won

-Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the Old

-Winston Churchill

Lenke til kommentar

"Better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

H.G. Wells tror jeg....

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Napoleon Bonaparte

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."

Dwight Eisenhower

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

George Patton

You will only understand the full meaning of peace when you have seen war.

??husker ikke :blush:

"The only way to win World War III is to prevent it."

Dwight Eisenhower

"There are some who've forgotten why we have a military. It's not to promote war; it's to be prepared for peace."

Ronald Reagan

"There is no such thing as a good war and there is no such thing as a bad peace."

Benjamin Franklin

"If we don’t end war, war will end us."

H.G. Wells

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Bertrand Russell

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

George Patton

"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

John F. Kennedy

Lenke til kommentar

noen quotes fra den amerikanske borgerkrigen

War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want

-William Tecumseh Sherman

I can make this march, and I will make Georgia howl

There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on."

-Ulysses S. Grant

God gave us Lincoln and Liberty, let us fight for both

-Ulysses S. Grant

I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves, it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly, those who desire it for others. When I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

-Abraham Lincoln

It is well that war is so terrible — otherwise we should grow too fond of it

-Robert E. Lee

Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet

-Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson

Lenke til kommentar

Omar Bradley:

The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living

Wars can be prevented just as surely as they can be provoked […] and we who fail to prevent them must share the guilt for the dead

The second best decision in time is infinitely better than the perfect decision too late

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...