Gå til innhold

A7V8X og Barracuda IV problemer

Fallingwater

Anbefalte innlegg

I recently purchased this for my system:

- ASUS A7V8X (The dull version without RAID etc..BIOS 1006 ot somethinglike that)

- AMD XP 2000+

- Seagate Barracuda 80GB (primary master)

- One stick of TwinMOS 512MB PC2700 Ram

The rest of the system consist of the following:

- MSI GeForce 2 Pro

- Alpha PAL 8045 /with 80mm PAPST 20CFM fan

- 300W PSU (came with an IBM case a long time ago)

- Floppy drive

- Lite-on 40x12x48 burner (secondary master)

I can't get this thing to work.

The story:

I boot with the XP pro CD, make partiotons, and when the progam start to copy files to the HDD, it says that some files are imposible to copy. I press "retry" and sometimes it works and moves on... to a new file that wont be copied... and so on.

I try do install Mandrake, but I get the same kind of errors when I try to install it.

Then I take the hardrive to my sisters comp and install XP on it there. When I then take it back, it starts to load XP. Now one out of three things happen:

1. It reboots while loading XP (This usually happens a couple of times in a row, before one of the following to takes place)

2. It loads XP "forever" (been loading XP for 30 minutes now lol)

3. It loads XP succesfully.

Then the few times it loads XP succesfully, it is very unstable. Explorer.exe or other programs will suddenly crash. It has problems reading files and starting problems that are installed on the hdd.

I guess the CPU and RAM are both OK. I have formated the drive several times, tested it with CHKDSK, scandisk, etc-> no problem at all. I also seemed to work perfectly when I installed XP on it on another comp. The mobo on the other hand.. I have disabled most things like onboard audio etc. and everything is running on safe setting in the BIOS. I use ordinary datakables between the hddcdrom and mobo.

Hva er galt her? Kan noen ihvertfall gi meg en pekepinn for hvor problemet ligger?

Hilsen er desperat mann :sad:

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

In English:

I recently had the same type of errors and problems with my MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU motherboard. I turned out to be a bad stick of memory (TwinMOS 256MB DDR 2700. Which explained a lot in my case. I think that it can be the same in your case, and although you suppose the memory and cpu are in order, never take it for granted. Try them, if possible, on another motherboard, or in an already set-up computer. If the computer begins to get unstable, BINGO.

På norsk:

Jeg hadde akkurat samme typen problemer med mitt MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU hovedkort. Det viste seg å være en dårlig minnebrikke (TwinMOS 256MB DDR 2700). Dette forklarte mye i mitt tilfelle. Jeg tror det samme kan være ditt tilfelle. Og selv om du tror at minnet og cpuen er i orden, ta det aldri for gitt. Prøv de, om mulig i en annen datamaskin med Windows XXXXXX allerede installert (helst). Om datamaskinen blir ustabil der også... da har du funnet det!

Greets, kjello2.

[ Denne Melding var redigert av: kjello2 på 2002-11-14 23:14 ]

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...