Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

World of Warcraft made me a lot better in English; both orally and verbally. After two and a half years playing that particular game, barely playing any other game, I finally quit. Now I don't use my English as much as previously, it was a huge part of my communication skills. Talking to other English-speaking teammates via "VoIP" taught me a lot, and made me more confident using English.

Its addictiveness factor is dangerously high, though, mostly because it has been such a large part of your lifestyle for a long time. It can be annoyingly irritating at times, but you start missing the good times: When you were clearing difficult 5-man instances with your friends, for example. Not easily forgotten. You spoke with them through "Skype" and had a good laugh.

I haven't been playing for about a month now, and I'm quite confident I have got rid of it. But yes -- it does take a good lot of courage to throw such a major part of your life out of the window, knowing it must be the last time, else it will be even worse than before.

These are of course my very opinions, and there are definitely World of Warcraft players here feeling otherwise.

And by the way, this thread is really cool.

Endret av Christofer91
Lenke til kommentar

There is a guy in my class who plays WOW all the time. Even when we were a lot of people skiing, he played. Even though he used to love snowboarding. He says he plays all night, and he sleeps at school, but I've never seen him asleep, so I think he lies. When I walked home with him today he thought it was cool that he has not slept for 68 hours - something I doubt. "Oooh, yeah, I have to go buy 4 Colas so I can play all this night too!" Everyone in my class thinks he is a addicted WOW-idiot but no one tells it to him. He goes around and boast of that he has gone from level 59 to level 65 in one weekend. No one cares, you idiot. We think you're stupid.

Ah. I just had to let the anger fly away with the wind. :p

Lenke til kommentar

Kill Some Time: #1

Anyone care for a ride downtown Tokyo? This guy simply put a HD camera next to him, and shoots while he drive. There is absolutly no spectacular about it. It's just the ride. As he was your taxi. How nice, something can be....well...just plane sometimes. Enjoy your ride here: http://www.stage6.com/user/meteorgarden/vi...idge-and-C1(CW)

:)

Endret av Lidskjalv
Lenke til kommentar

I'm great! Lonely, but feeling great anyway.

I've been at my grandma's since Saturday, and I must say, even though I don't have many / any friends left here in Stavanger, I really enjoy it anyway.

Just walking a trip now, on grounds where I have so many memories, playing as a child and youth. Running around, carefree.

No smoking, drinking, anything.

No caring for destroying my clothes while attempting to climb a big rock or a tree, or getting my shoes dirty because I step in dirt and mud or getting wet because I try to pet a swan or a duck.

Ah, I long for my childhood whenever I'm here.

It'll be harsh returning home to the cold and wet "north" (Trøndelag, it's in the middle, but it's north for me here in the southwest), but on the positive side, it's where I have my computer, my music and my friends (and some schoolwork, but that's so easy to forget :whistle:)

Lenke til kommentar
Ah, an English thread! I've been looking for something similar to this for awhile, and here it is! So... How are you all?

Fine, thank you. I've just finished my hard workout for today, and the endorphines are are making me feeling happy and upbeat.

I'm great! Lonely, but feeling great anyway.

I've been at my grandma's since Saturday, and I must say, even though I don't have many / any friends left here in Stavanger, I really enjoy it anyway.

Just walking a trip now, on grounds where I have so many memories, playing as a child and youth. Running around, carefree.

No smoking, drinking, anything.

No caring for destroying my clothes while attempting to climb a big rock or a tree, or getting my shoes dirty because I step in dirt and mud or getting wet because I try to pet a swan or a duck.

Ah, I long for my childhood whenever I'm here.

It'll be harsh returning home to the cold and wet "north" (Trøndelag, it's in the middle, but it's north for me here in the southwest), but on the positive side, it's where I have my computer, my music and my friends (and some schoolwork, but that's so easy to forget :whistle:)

Have you been trying out nightlife in Stavanger, Smurf?

Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...
Have you been trying out nightlife in Stavanger, Smurf?

Sorry to cut in, but the nightlife in Stavanger isn't much...

Agreed, been there twice with a few buddies. Let's just say it was a painful and boring experience. We expected something different from the usual shit in Oslo, but to no avail.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 1 måned senere...

Hey, the good ol' English tread had once again awaken. How Nice!

I'm working this weekend. as I do every other weekend, I'm afraid. Cannot say I like it that much. Every third or fourth had been more convenient. I agree with -_^, come on people! Make this marvelous thread boiling with activity. This is truly a multithread, almost every topic is suitable. The current topic is:

What are you up to for the weekend?

Arm your guns and Shoot!

Endret av Lidskjalv
Lenke til kommentar

Okay, I'll once again give it a try. I got to work on my english anyway. This weekend I am reading a introduction book about international politics, since I am way behind, and I got an exam coming up. Other than that I have to do some work for the student organization I am in, since I am a member of the board, and we have to get things ready for next year. Between this I really hope to be doing some barbecue while drinking beer and playing volleyball! :)

Anyone else doing some fun?

Endret av thrice
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...