Gå til innhold

Annerledes omtale av GRAW

Dinsdale

Anbefalte innlegg

Fant en litt annerledes omtale som var morsom å lese. Den er formet som et brev fra far til sønn

Enjoy

Dear Caleb,

I don't normally have time to write letters, but things have gotten a bit busy lately, and I wanted you to have something from me that might someday help you understand, in case things go wrong here.

By now it's no secret that we're in Mexico; we've been getting a few news broadcasts piped into our visor displays, so there's no doubt that the world knows what's going on. It seems that some renegade soldiers are causing a lot of trouble--they've already killed the Canadian prime minister and would have killed the presidents of Mexico and the United States if it hadn't been for the awesome people I've got under my command. They've saved my own butt more times than I can count, those guys, and I owe them a lot.

We think the bad soldiers might have also stolen some important codes to some pretty nasty weapons, and that they want to use them to cause even bigger trouble.

We're going to stop them.

I cannot lie to you, my boy; Mexico is hot. Africa hot. Everywhere I look there's a heat shimmer in the distance, which would be kind of neat if it weren't so hot.

I've sent along some pictures, and as you'll see, the streets are deserted because the bad guys are everywhere, and they don't care who they hurt. Other than that, Mexico City is pretty cool, with great old stucco buildings that make me want to reach out and touch them. Out of all the different countries that the Army has sent me to over the years, Mexico is the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

When I spoke to Mom on the phone last week she said that you were worried about me, asking if I was lonely. Don't worry! Most of the time I'm with my team, but every once in a while one of the Big Dudes in Charge sends me on a mission by myself, which is cool too, because then I get to sneak around and cause some trouble of my own! Sometimes there's only four of us, but other times there's as many as sixteen team members on a mission at once, all linked together through our visors. It gets pretty hairy sometimes, but we always manage to have some fun, no matter what, and things almost always go smoothly.

Yesterday I flew in a helicopter, which made a lot of noise, but the view was spectacular. I could see the entire city, which glowed with the orange light of sunset, and when we were in a safe area the pilot even let me shoot the gun! That was a lot of fun, but it was even louder than the helicopter, so I was glad that I was wearing my headset.

Usually, though, I stay on the ground with my team and pick out bad guys for the helicopter to take out. I can tell it where to go, who to shoot at, and stuff like that. Sometimes there's an armored truck to help us out, and an unmanned reconnaissance vehicle, which is kind of like a small, radio-controlled helicopter with a camera that lets me see where the bad guys are hiding. As always, we've been given lots of great tools to help us with our missions.

I want you to know that we're always careful; these bad guys are excellent soldiers, and I make sure never to underestimate them. Sometimes it seems as though they can see us even when we hide behind something, and their aim is a little too good for my liking, but most of the time things work out to our advantage. Again, don't worry.

It's important for you to remember that I do this job for a reason; my experience in the Army has made me a better person, and even though it might not seem like it, it's also made me a better dad. I don't see you nearly as much as I'd like, but when you believe in something as much as I believe in what I'm doing, it becomes necessary to make sacrifices. If you don't understand now, you certainly will someday.

Our mission in Mexico is nearly over, and I'll be home soon. Again, I won't lie to you; it's been rough, but looking back on the things we've accomplished since we've been here, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Love,

Dad

Kilde

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...