-----------------

Runtime: 60min

Show Type: Science Fiction

First Telecast: July 27, 1997

Runtime: 60min

Seasons: 8

Aired Episodes: 148

Unaired Episodes: 7

Based on the StarGate universe after the Stargate movie in 1994.

To watch this series you should prolly have some background idea what this is about, so i recommend you watch the movie first.

The Series is about an ancient device found in Egypt, called an "Stargate" an powerfull device makeing interstellar travell over great distances possible in just the blink of a secound, allowing them to travell to other Stargates on other planets.

We follow the Crew of Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) "Teal'C" (Christopher Judge" , Samantha "Sam" Carter (Amanda Tapping) and Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), and their General, George S. Hammond (Don S. Davis).

As you may notice, Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) and Don S. Davis(Pete) are both from the MacGyver series, Pete begin more or less the same old, maybe abit more pride and more harsh, but MacGyver begin a total Anti MacGyver, wich adds to the humor of the series, just watch and see

The Stargate was first found in the movie, the people had no idea how to use it, atleast until Dainel Jackson came around with his top genious understanding of ancient languages. After a while they were able to interface the Stargate to todays technology, and this is where the adventure starts.

The humans soon encounter an evil, power hungry race called the Goa'uld, which soon creates alot of problems for the humans, the Goa'uld is an enemy we follow throughout the Series, and in the later seasons we allsow meet other enemies, like the Replicators, an AI Race replicating themselves and causing alot of problems for the "Aasgaard" another race encountered in the series, which becomes allies with the humans.

The series got alot of mythology in it, specialy egyptian, viking and some greek mythology.

The Goa'uld are filled with egyptian mythology, and more or less is all about egyptian mythology.

The Aasgaard begin from Viking mythology and various other races begin from Greek, Roman mythology.

Mythology plays a huge role in this series, and Daniel Jackson is the expert on mythology.

I do not wanna say much more, because it might ruin the series for you, and i honestly dont want that, considring this is the best TV Series i've ever seen, and i genuinly mean that this server is the Best TV Series ever, and i would rate it 10/10.

Now, a few tips for the beginners:

Watch the movie first, and give the series time, it may take 5-6 episodes

befor you really get into the Stargate universe, but when you do, i can promiss you that you will love it more than sex.

The series starts building up in Season 1 befor reaching an climax in Season 2, wich lasts throughout the series, from Season 2 to Season 8, and hopefully

alot longer! (We are currently in Season 8 now).

There is allsow a spin-off series begin created now, called StarGate Atlantis

wich will be running parralell with the StarGate SG-1 series. More about that later or another time!

I rate this series 10/10, with a honest heart, and not just because im a fanatic, but because i really really love it, and belive that it really deserves Top-Score.

---------------------------------------------------------

Snabben's Choise - TV Series of the Millenium

---------------------------------------------------------

Skrevet i engelsk da det var for et annet forum opprinnlig, men dere forstår det vel:) Ville bare dele mitt syn på serien.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

:( Hm. Etter den serien har jeg egentlig bare likt First Wave (hey, typen der er med i serien "Taken" og! Var et hyggelig gjensyn ;)), Angel, Dark Angel, Buffy (før jeg ble drittlei av alle tenåringskrisene) og Charmed. Annet har jeg nesten ikke giddet å se på.

Så per i dag ser jeg på Angel, Charmd og Smallville. Ingenting annet, bortsett fra den gale chopper gjengen på Discovery.. :!:

Edit: Jeg tok feil av typen fra First Wave, er ikke samme karen, kom på det i kveld.. det er han som er great grand father til jenta.

Endret av Hidden
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...