Gå til innhold

[Løst] Jobs for Americans(English), who don't know Norwegian yet.

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi All,

I just moved to Oslo, Norway, and I am having a hard time finding a IT jobb. I have three associate degrees in computers from the USA. I have worked with virtualization, networking at all levels, and system administration. I also know basic java.

When I apply for jobs in Norway I get turned down, because I don't know Norwegian. I understand that I should know the language, and I am working on that.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be amazing.

Here is a link to my Linkedin which can show more of my skills.

Tusen Takk.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

What sort of places have you applied, so far?

I'd start with the consulting companies, e.g. Evry. They're not the best employers, but they are always looking for people - and if you're lucky, they might even want someone with native English skills for some position. (Or, I guess, not. It's not a situation I've been in.)

With your specific background, you'd probably also fit in with Sykehuspartner (the IT arm of the Oslo region national health care system) - they run several large AD networks and support all sorts of medical/hospital applications. I suspect they want decent Norwegian skills, though.

Endret av Djn
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Bruker-182691

Our language is what makes us worth something, or else we could outsource or hire foreigners to bring down costs. My suggestion is to learn Norwegian, spend half a year or more, take courses and get it going :)

Lenke til kommentar

I'd start with the consulting companies, e.g. Evry. They're not the best employers, but they are always looking for people - and if you're lucky, they might even want someone with native English skills for some position. (Or, I guess, not. It's not a situation I've been in.)

With your specific background, you'd probably also fit in with Sykehuspartner (the IT arm of the Oslo region national health care system) - they run several large AD networks and support all sorts of medical/hospital applications. I suspect they want decent Norwegian skills, though.

DJN thanks for the helpful reply.

I will look into those companies now. Thanks for the suggestion about Sykehuspartner.

As for Doge, I know learning Norwegian will help a lot, but I can't be a house husband for one year. I will go crazy.

Tusen Takk.

Lenke til kommentar

DJN thanks for the helpful reply.

I will look into those companies now. Thanks for the suggestion about Sykehuspartner.

As for Doge, I know learning Norwegian will help a lot, but I can't be a house husband for one year. I will go crazy.

Tusen Takk.

In many IT environments, Language should not be a barrier. I have several colleagues in the Oslo area which only speak a little norwegian - and takes language courses on the side.

Send me a PM if you like, and I can send you a link to my company's open application form, where you can present your skills in an open format.

Good luck :)

Lenke til kommentar

At my current company we are three new hires in my field, where two of three are foreign. I think the employers are a little reluctant about hiring foreigners unless they stand out among the applicants, and my colleagues are well educated. Trainee positions are almost unheard of, and wages are expected to start relatively high, so employers always look for the person they think can get productive with as little startup time as possible or take care of their business by them self. (Nut so sure 'baut my english...blah..)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...