Gå til innhold

Trenger hjelp til overklokking av M4A785TD-V EVO og Phenom™ x4 20/Phenom™II x3 720

Anbefalte innlegg

The main purpose of Cool&Quiet is to lower the frequency when the CPU is not doing anything. Then it will shoot up once you are running programs etc. So, yes, the fluctuation is normal, the purpose being to keep your CPU cool and use less power. All of this happens automatically as long as Cool&Quiet is enabled in BIOS.

One thing I'm just realizing is that you might not have a Phenom BE (Black Edition). Only Black Edition Phenoms can be overclocked by setting multipliers. If your Phenom is non BE, then yo can only oveclock using FSB adjustments, and that is what it seems you are doing. Your screenshot show your bus-speed to be 220 which is a rather big overclock of the FSB. You may have reached the top already.

If you are able to change multipliers, then try to lower bus speed a little (standard 200) and raise the multipliers instead

If you are unable to adjust the multiplier of your CPU, and you are stuck with adjusting bus speed, my advise is that you pump up the voltage on the CPU a little; core voltage maybe to max 1.4v. and then try to run 4 cores with as high a bus speed you can get stable.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Alle 720 er BE så han skal kunne justere multiplier.

Jeg kjenner ikke BIOSen din, så ikke lett å si akkurat hva du skal stille på, men du må sette overclock mode til manuell og så endre CPU ratio til 16 eller 17, så setter du CPU vCore til 1,4 for sikkerhets skyld. Det skal vel være det eneste du trenger å tenke på.

Last ned Prime95 eller OCCT og test stabilitet mens du sjekker temperaturer.

Lenke til kommentar

Alle 720 er BE så han skal kunne justere multiplier.

Jeg kjenner ikke BIOSen din, så ikke lett å si akkurat hva du skal stille på, men du må sette overclock mode til manuell og så endre CPU ratio til 16 eller 17, så setter du CPU vCore til 1,4 for sikkerhets skyld. Det skal vel være det eneste du trenger å tenke på.

Last ned Prime95 eller OCCT og test stabilitet mens du sjekker temperaturer.

Ok,it is late at night now but first thing tomorrow I will take screenshots of my BIOS ( in the areas of relevance) and maybe you'll be able to guide me then.

cause you see,i already tried with multipliers and stuff but I keep getting "overclocking failed". So my guess is that I may be having some set up in BIOS that overrides such attempts.

Anyway,you will see tomorrow how my BIOS looks like and perhaps you will understand then what is wrong. Im guessing I have to do something else first,before I do the core voltage and multipliers.

Also,I wonder whether or not I should try to overclock with 3 cores or should I unlock the 4th first.

You will see tomorrow.

Lenke til kommentar

The main purpose of Cool&Quiet is to lower the frequency when the CPU is not doing anything. Then it will shoot up once you are running programs etc. So, yes, the fluctuation is normal, the purpose being to keep your CPU cool and use less power. All of this happens automatically as long as Cool&Quiet is enabled in BIOS.

One thing I'm just realizing is that you might not have a Phenom BE (Black Edition). Only Black Edition Phenoms can be overclocked by setting multipliers. If your Phenom is non BE, then yo can only oveclock using FSB adjustments, and that is what it seems you are doing. Your screenshot show your bus-speed to be 220 which is a rather big overclock of the FSB. You may have reached the top already.

If you are able to change multipliers, then try to lower bus speed a little (standard 200) and raise the multipliers instead

If you are unable to adjust the multiplier of your CPU, and you are stuck with adjusting bus speed, my advise is that you pump up the voltage on the CPU a little; core voltage maybe to max 1.4v. and then try to run 4 cores with as high a bus speed you can get stable.

Thank you for your time.

What I am doing right now is overcloking to 3.0 using a set up built in my BIOS. Nothing else.

But there are so many settings and thing in there i dont understand,that I dont dare to modify anything without guidance from someone who knows what those things mean and what they are all about.

So if you could have a look at the screenshots tomorrow ( monday) it would be great.

Thank you anyway though.

Lenke til kommentar

Like I said,here are the pictures of my bios.

First one,the way it looks in the relevant area:advance settings

15032011117.jpg

This is how it looks like if I select Jumperfree Config ( which I suspect is what I have to select in order to clock it manually:

15032011118.jpg

Same menu,only lower down:

15032011120.jpg

You saw that my cpu is already clocked to 10% which is the maximum value available to me,as you can see here:

15032011119.jpg

If I however should choose not Jumperfree Config but the alternative right under it ( CPU Config) this is how that menu looks like ( is the one that allows me to select "unleash" mode):

15032011121.jpg

If while in that menu,I should choose the Advanced Clock Calibration sub-menu,these are the options Im given:15032011122.jpg

Setting ACC to auto enables "unleashing" mode as you can see:

15032011123.jpg

So,I am hoping that you understand a little more of my bios now and hopefuly,you can walk me through,regarding manual overclocking.

As I said earlier,I believe there might be some set up in my bios that overrides any attempt to manualy clock my cpu so if you could have a look first and eventually tell me what sort adjustment ( if any) I'll have to do before manually clocking my cpu...I would be eternally greatful.

Thank you so very much :)

Lenke til kommentar

Ikke så lett å si ut fra bildene, men skru av overklokkingsprofilene, og sett den til manuell hvis det valget er der.

Så setter du CPU frequency multiplier til f.eks. 16 eller 17.

Så setter du CPU over voltage til noe som gjør at totalen blir 1,4V ca. Vet ikke om du angir verdien direkte eller legger noe til en standardverdi.

Dette burde fungere, men som sagt er det ikke sikkert den vil noe mer. Men prøv i alle fall å klokke med kun 3 kjerner først. Går ikke dette er det selvsagt bra å kunne kjøre 4 kjerner på 2,8 også.

Husk å teste stabilitet mellom hver gang du øker multiplier og følg godt med på temperaturer.

Lenke til kommentar

The best I could do is have the multiplier at 14.5 and Vcore at 1.350

Anything higher made my computer crash with blue screen's.

The speed of my CPU is now 3.1 ( se vedlegg) and i dont know yet how stable it is.

So far ( 15 min after clocking) it hasnt crashed yet.

The temperature of my cpu ( according to AMD Overdrive and PC Probe 2,which is a software that came with the instalation CD of my CPU) is 40 degrees C. That without running anything else than Firefox,the 2 software and MSN. I don't know what the temp will be once Im starting Black Ops.

I believe I just dont have the PSU to clock it at this point.

I was reading on the net yesterday about overclocking my GPU and they insisted that my GPU ( an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 aka Dark Knight) requires at least a 500w PSU. My one is 400.

So I'm thinking that maybe that is the reasons why it wont let me over clock it to a higher value?

/err

The AMD Overdrive application actually indicates a temperature of 29-31 for my CPU.

I dont know which application is lying to me. At the time of my posting,I only checked PC Probe 2,assuming that both aplication will show the same temperature.

I was wrong.

post-233513-0-22064300-1300204271_thumb.jpg

Endret av Sir_Hannibal
Lenke til kommentar

Bus speed er fortsatt satt til 220, noe som påvirker alt fra HT link, Northbridge, og RAM, så du må sette dette ned til 200 før du prøver videre. Temperatur idle betyr ingenting, du må stresse CPU med prime95 e.l. mens du leser av med f.eks. HWmonitor(fra cpuid.com)

See,nobody told me anything about buss and stuff.

Everybody said multiplier and voltage for cpu...

I shall try again tonight.

Btw,are you sure that my PSU is good enough?

Lenke til kommentar

Bus speed er fortsatt satt til 220, noe som påvirker alt fra HT link, Northbridge, og RAM, så du må sette dette ned til 200 før du prøver videre. Temperatur idle betyr ingenting, du må stresse CPU med prime95 e.l. mens du leser av med f.eks. HWmonitor(fra cpuid.com)

Actually top of page 2 here we told you. Bus speed is mentioned several times :)

Anyway, yes, set the bus speed to 200.

In some cases it would help to set your Memory(Ram) to a fixed speed as well.

Lenke til kommentar

Actually top of page 2 here we told you. Bus speed is mentioned several times :)

Anyway, yes, set the bus speed to 200.

In some cases it would help to set your Memory(Ram) to a fixed speed as well.

Could you name that speed more specifically please? :D

Lenke til kommentar

Well well well

I lowered the buss to 200 and tried some overclocking ( not much) but it failed.

At multiplier 16 and a voltage at 1.3500 ( everything above that value and the value indicator in bios turns yellow,which I consider a warning)

CPUZ showed a 3.3 speed. Everything seemed normal until I start running prime95. Then it crashed.

After that,I gave up and set all values back as they were and chose "unleash mode" ( from the BIOS options) instead. Is now running in 3 cores,unleashed,providing 3080 speed.

However.

I restarted prime 95 ( running torture mode,mainly testing temperature,voltage and a bit of ram) and 30 min into the test,I started Harware Monitor. And surprise surprise,that tool is indicating that each of my cores have a temperature of 0 degrees C :D

have a look at the picture yourself.

I'm beginning to think that I must be the most unlucky guy in the whole world ffs... Nothing works for me :(

post-233513-0-54987600-1300382440_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Hvis du åpner den siste kjerne og kjører med alle 4, vil du ikke få lest av temperatur, det er helt normalt:)

Du kjører i Prime med 4 kjerner, 0,1,2,3 og hvis den er stabil en times tid med torture-test ås kan du bare bruke den sånn. Men du skriver 3080mhz. Betyr dette at unleashed-mode øker bus-speed også?

Hvis du har gått fra 3 kjerne på 2,8 til 4 kjerner på 3,08 synes jeg ikke at du har vært så uheldig :thumbup:

Lenke til kommentar

Hvis du åpner den siste kjerne og kjører med alle 4, vil du ikke få lest av temperatur, det er helt normalt:)

Du kjører i Prime med 4 kjerner, 0,1,2,3 og hvis den er stabil en times tid med torture-test ås kan du bare bruke den sånn. Men du skriver 3080mhz. Betyr dette at unleashed-mode øker bus-speed også?

Hvis du har gått fra 3 kjerne på 2,8 til 4 kjerner på 3,08 synes jeg ikke at du har vært så uheldig :thumbup:

I have no ideea if it does mate.

In fact,I didnt even activated the 4th core. All I did was setting everything back to noraml ( including buss speed) and then went and chose "unleash mode"

Apparently that mode unlocks the 4th core as well. I dont know.

All I know is that I did that,then I went into CPU-Z and this is what it showed me.

post-233513-0-33915400-1300383454_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Hvis dette er stabilt ville jeg sagt meg fornøyd tror jeg og heller lagt pengene i skjermkort, eventuelt PSU også. Tror du har fått en grei økning i ytelse. Det er ACC-mode som låser opp disabla kjerner :thumbup:

Better graphic card? I understand PSU but graphic card? Im very happy with my graphic card. It runs Black Ops whistling :D

Why would I need a new one ? ( although to be honest,I already decided to buy me the new one from Nvidia that just came out,but Im still working on convincing myself :D

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...