Gå til innhold

I got a 6 on my presentation!

Vikingspeider

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

My teacher said that had this presentation of mine, about the history of democracy in England, been for an oral exam, I would have gotten a 6! And, that's what I got, too.

Then, regarding my language, he asked me if I had lived in England konservativ_woot.gif

*proud of self*

Quite a lot of mistakes here, good sir. If I had been your teacher, I dare say that I would have given you 3 or perhaps even 2. Indeed, it seems like your teacher are unable to comprehend the complexity of the English language and has wrongly determined your grade to be 6.

Altså, jeg mener at om du brukte et slikt språk på prøven er det neppe verdt en sekser.

Lenke til kommentar

*deletes first rant*

Well, I understand that you are all jealous[1], so I am not going to point out all the things[2] that imply my English is indeed quite good. But let us just say I have my reasons to believe you can't judge someone's language skills based on two sentences he/she wrote on a public forum[3]. For this you should rather ask Dave Altman, moderator of the English speaking forum I've been a member of for 2,5 years(so he knows my English skills quite well). The last time I tried to excuse myself for phrasing something badly by saying English is not my mother tongue, he told me this was a ridiculous way for me to get out of trouble. His opinion was that my English was better than the English of all the native speakers on the forum, and that I better come up with something better if I don't want to admit I am too lazy to think of good ways of saying things.

And nobody else in the class got more than a 4.

I suppose this comes off as bragging, and I don't have any trouble seeing that... But this is indeed the "Gledesutbrudd"-section, and I am quite sure I'm allowed to. Besides, you asked for it.

[1] Sarcasm. I think you're annoyed because I claim to have good English while you don't agree.

[2] Ok, I will point out two things.

[3] Why did you think these sentences represented the entire presentation anyway? Besides, it was oral, for goodness sake! Commas don't matter! My writing skills were completely irrelevant here!

Endret av SondreOverby
Lenke til kommentar
My teacher said that had this presentation of mine, about the history of democracy in England, been for an oral exam, I would have gotten a 6! And, that's what I got, too.

Then, regarding my language, he asked me if I had lived in England konservativ_woot.gif

*proud of self*

Quite a lot of mistakes here, good sir. If I had been your teacher, I dare say that I would have given you 3 or perhaps even 2. Indeed, it seems like your teacher are unable to comprehend the complexity of the English language and has wrongly determined your grade to be 6.

Altså, jeg mener at om du brukte et slikt språk på prøven er det neppe verdt en sekser.

kanskje sant.. men neppe verdt så dårlig som 3 eller 2. Om det er så, så hadde jeg ikke fått karaktert i det hele tatt.

Lenke til kommentar

You did indeed use too many commas; the sentence is complex and hard to read without misunderstanding. That does, however, not tell us anything about the well-performed presentation of yours. I am pretty sure you formulated your sentences less complex when pronouncing them. There's also something called "proper pronounciation", and I'm sure you posses that skill too. Therefore, just ignore the others who claim and bitch you should have fluncked. Your English is very good for being your second language, and at a higher level than most, including even some of those who have English as their first language.

Remember that everybody makes mistakes when writing, and he made a comma-complexity mistake there. Don't judge him because of that. :)

With honour I congratulate you, Sir SondreOverby, for an excellent presentation that reached the top of the Norwegian grade scale. :)

By the way:

Gledesutbrudd=Outbreak of joy (xD)

Endret av Crash
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...