insufficient

in·suf·fi·cient   [in-suh-fish-uhnt]

1. not sufficient; lacking in what is necessary or required

2. deficient in force, quality, or amount; inadequate:

- insufficient protection.

- insufficient system resources

- insufficient answer

http://dictionary.reference.com/

I'm sorry but that word is insufficient for a pub as great as this one.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Gjest Slettet+13412342564

Todays Word!

insufficient

in·suf·fi·cient   [in-suh-fish-uhnt]

1. not sufficient; lacking in what is necessary or required

2. deficient in force, quality, or amount; inadequate:

- insufficient protection.

- insufficient system resources

- insufficient answer

http://dictionary.reference.com/

I'm sorry but that word is insufficient for a pub as great as this one.

:laugh:

Endret av Slettet+13412342564
Lenke til kommentar

We have to go to Denmark next week in school to look at paintings.

Why? I could look at paintings here at home on the internet. :nei:

Oh the trickle business of art. Not all art is alike you know, there's differences between the paintings and the painters.

And it gives you amble opportunity to listen to some eccentric geezer talking about how well made the painting is while all you see is a big blob of colours that looks like someone has sneezed the paint on the canvas :p

Lenke til kommentar

If you're famous enough or just crazy enough you can get away with anything these days in the regards of art. And when you hear those art "experts" going on about the painting in question and how it is and all that, well, if they can manage to get anything out of the madness that some paintings are then I salute them, but for me it's just a scrambled mess.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...

That old man feeding birds in the park, is in reality, a prisoner, dangling from Time's noose upon a gallows of despair, while he throws the ashes of his broken dreams and crumbling memories to the parasites at his feet, who mock his fate.

Endret av Moraelyn
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+13412342564

That old man feeding birds in the park, is in reality, a prisoner, dangling from Time's noose upon a gallows of despair, while he throws the ashes of his broken dreams and crumbling memories to the parasites at his feet, who mock his fate.

An old man is sad. :p

Lenke til kommentar

And interesting theory, how about mine?

The old man feeding birds in the park can also symbolize the teaching of new ones. The birds represent the next generation, the youngsters who happily eat from the knowledge that the man can share with him, and the wisdom he can bestow upon them for their generation. A cycle so to speak, because perhaps even before he was once one of those birds and took from grumps from the elder, wisdom and learning to use in his life.

A part of a circle, a cycle never ending, lasting for generations.

Lenke til kommentar

I'm having a bit of trouble with an English text. Which of these sentences are grammatically correct, and which one should be used? 'As' sounds the most suitable, but is it the only one which is correct?

He fails to grasp the idea that kids can view song lyrics in the same way that he views the poems he knows.

He fails to grasp the idea that kids can view song lyrics in the same way as he views the poems he knows.

He fails to grasp the idea that kids can view song lyrics in the same way which he views the poems he knows.

And can one write 'He cares not for the fact that [...]' in English?

Endret av Henrik B
Lenke til kommentar

He fails to grasp the idea that kids can view song lyrics the same way in which he views the poems he knows.

And can one write 'He cares not for the fact that [...]' in English?

To the second question, yes, but it is awkward with "for" before "that".

He cares not that the fact is indefensible, for he argues solely for the thrill of contention. He is a bloody troll.

He fails to grasp at the notion that youth might view song lyrics in a similar fashion to his reverence of fine poetry.

Lenke til kommentar
And interesting theory, how about mine?

The old man feeding birds in the park can also symbolize the teaching of new ones. The birds represent the next generation, the youngsters who happily eat from the knowledge that the man can share with him, and the wisdom he can bestow upon them for their generation. A cycle so to speak, because perhaps even before he was once one of those birds and took from grumps from the elder, wisdom and learning to use in his life.

A part of a circle, a cycle never ending, lasting for generations.

Too idealistic. Too optimistic. The youth of today care not for the old ways; they find their mentors in html, or on YouTube. The old man is discarded, forsaken, forgotten. He is no longer so animated or colourful enough to hold the short attentions of his pupils.

Lenke til kommentar

The old man is less discarded than the old man thinks himself, there are those still that listen to the metaphors of old and even though modern technology have taken over the old wisdom and knowledge is still running.

One way to see that the old ways aren't forgotten is that there are still those who stay to the old way per example blacksmithing. There are those still that swear to this old way of crafting with metal, and there are those that still teach in this.

Though the old ways are on their way out in some cases I don't think they're dead and forgotten. There are still ears that listen to the old's wisdom.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...