Gå til innhold

Conroe HK, trenger hjelp

Laxaa

Anbefalte innlegg

Dette er noe jeg postet på et engelsk forum og fordi jeg ikke gidder å oversette, så har jeg bare kopiert det jeg originalt skrev.

What I need my system for school work(and entertainment) Bacically. What I do is graphical design(Illustrator, PhotoShop, etc.), image editing and storing(both in RAW and JPEG formats), video editing and en/de/trans/whatevercoding and webdesign/develpment. I also want a decent gaming machine and a machine that lasts a couple of years)

After I somehow crashed my PC a couple of months ago(it won't either re-install or repair Windows), I said to myself that my next system would be a Conroe(Intel Core 2) based one. Fortunately for my part, I don't need to replace the whole thing.

This is a list of parts that I already have:

Pentium 4 530 CPU(3.00GHz, HT)

1GiB DDRII RAM(PC3200)

ATi Radeon X800 SE card

Thee harddrives(One Raptor, one Caviar and one SpinPoint(Yes, they actually do work))

Two optical bays(NEC DVD+RW and Plextor CD-RW)

350 Watt Power Supply

So, basically what I need is a new motherboard(Conroe compatible) and a new case, as my old PC was a Dell.

My funds: $1000

So, for my motherboard, I've been looking around on these nice ones based on the 975X chipset.

ABIT 975

ASUS 975

MSI 975

My only problem is that I actually don't need a 975X board with Crossfire, but the P965 boards aren't exactly that much cheaper.

ABIT 965

And this one doesn't even have FireWire, a requirement of mine(don't want to waste space on controller cards, like I had to on my Dell)

(This card has FW, but it's not in stock yet)

So, over to the case. My requirements for the case is that it both looks good and is good to work with(a lot of space inside and good accessibility) My original plan was to casemod a PowerMac G5 casing, but I gave up on that plan.

Lian Li case

Jeg tror at jeg også kommer til å bytte ut RAM'en. Noen forslag?

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

http://www.psdata.no/ps.asp?it=121458&mlevel=080700

Dette er den samme som jeg linket til over og den ser ut som et bedre valg da den faktisk er billigere(200 kroner er penger det også) og siden jeg ikke har bruk for en innebygget WLAN adapter så ser dette kortet fornuftig ut. Hvis det støtter Conroe da(er det ikke noen 975 kort som ikke støtter Conroe?)

EDIT:

Så litt på denne. Det virker jo som et greit kort til under 1500.

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.asp?sku=317061

Endret av Laxaa
Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...