Gå til innhold

Avast sin gratis versjon - blanda erfarinar

Anbefalte innlegg

Mine erfaringar med Avast er blanda. Eg har sendt ein e-post til Avast der eg ber dei spesielt sjå på problem rundt videoredigering der Avast har store problem og senkar utstyret:

FYI: Avast (free version) doesn't like Pinnacle Studio and/or video files

I have been trying out several anti virus programs to see which would suit me best.

I tried your Avast free version for a couple of months and it seemed to work fine. I only noticed a problem with Pinnacle Studio 9.4 on Windows XP SP2, both fully patched, when editing video and burning dvds. Even though the machine had 1 GB of memory and I had no programs hugging memory or cpu resources in the background I noticed constantly disk access. A real thrashing of the drives some might call it. When I paused my work for minutes the machine was constantly accessing the drives. Rendering video for DVD was slow and burning a rendered DVD was really slow, much slower than I had set.

From another PC with Norman anti virus I had noticed severe slowdown when backing up a project with WinRAR. From the task manager I could see that Norman had a high demand of cpu resources. Disabling Norman meant that the backup task where shortened by several hours.

If chose to test if the problem on my video editing machine came from Avast. I disabled it and the disk accessing stopped. The burning of rendered DVDs where back at set level.

After this I uninstalled Avast and decided to try out Avira AntiVir® PersonalEdition Classic (http://free-av.com). I have also used Grisoft free version. Neither have the problems that Avast has with Pinnacle Studio and/or video files (DV and MPG2). None of them are bogging down the system like Avast.

I suggest you look into the cause of this problem.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...