Gå til innhold

Mangler 1.2gb ram i slackware current

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

For å aktivere High Memory Support (kernel 2.4.x) :

cd /usr/src/linux

make menuconfig

Gå til "Processor type and features" og videre til "High Memory Support", velg hvor mye minne du vil ha støtte for.

Gå ut og skriv følgende:

make bzImage

cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot

ln -sf /boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz

lilo

restart maskinen.

Endret av olear
Lenke til kommentar
hva er grunnen til at det er slik?

http://gentoo-wiki.com/FAQ_Linux_Memory_Management

By default, the Linux kernel runs in and manages only low memory. This makes managing the page tables slightly easier, which in turn makes memory accesses slightly faster. The downside is that it can't use all of the memory once the amount of total RAM reaches the neighborhood of 880 MB. This has historically not been a problem, especially for desktop machines.

Turning on high memory support theoretically slows down accesses slightly, but according to Joseph_sys and log, there is no practical difference.

Og fra hjelp til Hig Memory Support:

│ Linux can use up to 64 Gigabytes of physical memory on x86 systems.                                                              │

│ However, the address space of 32-bit x86 processors is only 4                                                                    │

│ Gigabytes large. That means that, if you have a large amount of                                                                  │

│ physical memory, not all of it can be "permanently mapped" by the                                                                │

│ kernel. The physical memory that's not permanently mapped is called                                                              │

│ "high memory".                                                                                                                    │

│                                                                                                                                  │

│ If you are compiling a kernel which will never run on a machine with                                                              │

│ more than 1 Gigabyte total physical RAM, answer "off" here (default                                                              │

│ choice and suitable for most users). This will result in a "3GB/1GB"                                                              │

│ split: 3GB are mapped so that each process sees a 3GB virtual memory                                                              │

│ space and the remaining part of the 4GB virtual memory space is used                                                              │

│ by the kernel to permanently map as much physical memory as                                                                      │

│ possible.                                                                                                                        │

│           

Lenke til kommentar

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Opprett ny...