Gå til innhold

Putting PC Together, looking for advice

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Would this be good alternative to water cooling?

Zalman CNPS7700-CU

Checked on Zalman page, they say I need 14,5 mm space between motherboard that I have selected and PSU. How would I know what space will be left after I put both items into the case???

http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/770...5MBlist_eng.htm

Yes it would. Those Zalman coolers are one of the most silent we have on the market.

(The Forum goes international :D )

Lenke til kommentar

Sorry too late... :) I understand there is an option for AMD chip, but I don't dear to start the whole reading/selection process again. Already decided on PIV. As well on other items on the list. Just searching somebody having:

ASUS P5AD2-E Premium

Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01

MIST500

to confirm the distance between motherboard and PSU. Or even better if someone has in addition Zalman CNPS7700-CU and can confirm it fits well.

Or maybe it is possible to read that out and calculate on some technical page, perhaps easy to make mistake ...

Guys, please help to make my last step in selection. Can't wait for the next step .. assembling and start up.

Lenke til kommentar
Sorry too late... :) I understand there is an option for AMD chip, but I don't dear to start the whole reading/selection process again. Already decided on PIV. As well on other items on the list. Just searching somebody having:

ASUS P5AD2-E Premium

Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01

MIST500

to confirm the distance between motherboard and PSU. Or even better if someone has in addition Zalman CNPS7700-CU and can confirm it fits well.

Or maybe it is possible to read that out and calculate on some technical page, perhaps easy to make mistake ...

Guys, please help to make my last step in selection. Can't wait for the next step .. assembling and start up.

Ive had the stacker. nice cab really, if u need to bays. If not, Take the Temjin TJ06 and remove the 80mm hissing fan for optimal acustics....stacker is a good concept, reasonably wellbuilt, but nothing spectacular.

I would rather take the Silverstone TJ06 if you need the space, if not the Antec SLK3000B

Lenke til kommentar

Do you know how much space will I have between moterboard and PSU that I have selected. I am trying to understant if I can get Zalman CNPS7700-CU on my CPU. Question applies for all 3 cases: stacker;silverstone; antec.

Silverstone was really looking good, I will consider.

Lenke til kommentar
Do you know how much space will I have between moterboard and PSU that I have selected. I am trying to understant if I can get Zalman CNPS7700-CU on my CPU. Question applies for all 3 cases: stacker;silverstone; antec.

Silverstone was really looking good, I will consider.

hey. Antec is no looker, but its damn good. the Silverstone is upside down btx style though, so It might pose a little problem. But I have seen people mounting XP-120s on it so shouldnt be an issue.

As always, even before asking reasonable questions, Google it and thy shall find!

just fire up a few reviews and you will quickly get the picture.

The stacker has alot of openings btw, so I found it a bit noisy ( had it for a few months). Its also a bit .... floppy...

Endret av GRendal
Lenke til kommentar

The topic become so long that it is getting confusing on how PC looks at the moment on the paper. Therefore I add latest list.

Produkt Antall Pris/stk. Rimeligste forhandler Linjesum

AOpen Aelous 6600 GT 128 MB 1595,- PS Data 1595,-

Arctic Silver Arctic Silver 5 54,- Databutikken.com 54,-

ASUS P5AD2-E Premium 1945,- Databutikken.com 1945,-

Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 1174,- PCutstyr.no 1174,-

Corsair XMS2 TWINX DDR2-675 1024 MB (2x512) 2170,- PCutstyr.no 2170,-

Intel Pentium 4 640 (3.2 GHz) 2244,- Databutikken.com 2244,-

Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 344,- PS Data 688,-

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 1198,- Netshop 1198,-

MIST 500W, 20/24 pins, S-ATA 895,- Digitalimpuls.no 895,-

Nec MultiSync LCD1770NX 2764,- EFAST.no 2764,-

Nec ND-3520A 446,- Databutikken.com 446,-

NoName Adapter 20-pins til 24-pins 27,- Cray.no 27,-

SanDisk Mini Cruzer 128MB 196,- EFAST.no 196,-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200 GB Plus 830,- Databutikken.com 1660,-

Western Digital Raptor 73,4 GB 1470,- MPX 1470,-

Zalman VF700-Cu 243,- Databutikken.com 243,-

Rimeligste totalsum 18769,-

In addition to that list I intend to buy from microplex "SBHDS2: Sunbeam Harddisk Silencer, "Cushion"" for 195 to calm down Raptor a little and CPU Cooler "CNPS7700CU: Zalman CPU-kjøler, m/spenningsregulator " for 449

Remaining questions then are:

1. Will Alman CPU cooler fit well. Zalman's web page warns that it should be 14,5 mm between motherboard and PSU. I have no idea how to calculate that or foresee that in advance. If someone knows how or has similar setup, help is highly appreciated.

2. Will I be able to connect 3 HD inside? So far I knew that only 2 hard disks can be connected (master and slave).

3. Do I need additional fans inside my case to get the air out of it. Current set up has 3 fans: on PSU, GPU and CPU.

4. Do I still need adapter 20 to 24 pins since I change PSU to MIST500.

GRendal, you have helped me here a lot and pointed out to the changes that I value a lot. When it comes to reading or googling around, so I just want to tell you, I have been reading more PC material in the last two weeks than I did in all my previous life. My wife even gets suspicious, that I try to get away from her and kids and concentrate on reading/browsing. I don't know what she things I am doing :blush: I see that here are many very experienced people and therefore hope to get answer on my few remaining questions.

ALL, please do not reccomend to change CPU, GPU or harddisks, I have already happy with selection :w00t: so don't want to get doubts inside myself and start researching again :cry:

Lenke til kommentar

I wonder if you now where you are going to buy your PC. If you buy from all the cheapest shops for the parts it will cost you more than buying all the parts from one shop or a few shops. I would recomend that you avoid databutikken there are sevral threads in the forum about them that is not so positive for them. From what I remember they are cheap, but if you need to return something they do not have the best service.

Lenke til kommentar
Appreciate your respond. My intention is to first finalize the list, then to cut number of shops to minimum. Will avoid Databutikken then :) I have just copied the list from "handlevogn"

hehe I know its easy to get confused.

However, buy some cheap DDR2 memory instead of the expensive one, 4x512 is what I would recommend. Corsair Value DDR533 is excellent.

Also, Go for the stacker if u must, but IMHO the Silverstone is better.

Lenke til kommentar

Can you confirm regarding space between mobo and PSU? since you had stacker?

I just repeat my questions that I so impatient to get answers...:

1. Will Alman CPU cooler fit well. Zalman's web page warns that it should be 14,5 mm between motherboard and PSU. I have no idea how to calculate that or foresee that in advance. If someone knows how or has similar setup, help is highly appreciated.

2. Will I be able to connect 3 HD inside? So far I knew that only 2 hard disks can be connected (master and slave).

3. Do I need additional fans inside my case to get the air out of it. Current set up has 3 fans: on PSU, GPU and CPU.

Lenke til kommentar
Can you confirm regarding space between mobo and PSU? since you had stacker?

I just repeat my questions that I so impatient to get answers...:

the Qs I know:

Mist is 24-pin PSU.

the stacker should fit the Zalman.

as for the Hard-drives, use S-ata drives?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...