Gå til innhold

BF:V lagger, å tross av god FPS

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Les om LAG her: http://www.planetbattlefield.com/features/newbie/

People complain about how such-and-so server is lousy, etc. However, there's a difference between net lag, client-side CPU lag, and server-side CPU lag.

You can play on a server with a ping of 300 (3/10ths of a second) just fine, as long as the server has a CPU that can support the number of players set for the game. Basically, if you see yourself throwing grenades 1 or 2 seconds after you click your mouse button but the game plays smoothly, that's net lag. Pick a server with a lower ping to avoid this effect.

There is also the phenomenon of packet loss, where due to net congestion packets of information never reach your machine. This shows up as jerkiness (people stopping and going) and "Connection problem detected" warnings.

If the game plays smoothly except when there are many players and vehicles in your view, then that is client-side CPU lag. Your computer can't handle the information being sent from the server. I've noticed that when I play on the nVidia servers there are times when it lags out due to the large number of objects on the screen, and I have a AMD xp 2000+, 512mb, and a GeForce Ti 4200 128mb video card running at 800x600! So even a good machine will suffer client-side lag if the number of objects on screen is large enough.

If the game is choppy all the time, regardless of where you are, what you are doing, and your ping, then the server doesn't have a powerful enough CPU to handle the player load.

Endret av Croyfer
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...