Gå til innhold

Parking ticket while the car was moving!

Exuberat

Anbefalte innlegg

Hallo folks...

Pardon me for using English...

Straight to the point. I've been living in Oslo for about 3 years. Never had any problem with the authority and the public. In fact I'm from a very cool and friendly city in The Netherlands called Midemblik.

Back to the main topic. Today I ended up in a Sunday shop my neighbourhood somewhere in Oslo. I had my car parked in a parking that belonged to Nordic Parks. The parking is free for 30 minutes. I knew that from before. Never missed parks ring billet. But since it was Sunday I thought maybe getting the parkering billet was unnecessary.

All in a sudden after three minutes in the shop, coming out I saw this guy issuing parking ticket to the car next to me. I run towards my car. I asked the guy its Sunday isn't the parking not free? He answered me with the right parkering billet. I smiled and entered my car. I saw him standing in front of my car. I lowered my window and told him I'm living your parking isn't what you are about to do unnecessary. The answer I got was I don't care.

I got pissed off started my car and reversed. On my rear mirror I saw him taking photos of the rear while I was leaving the area.

I've once had parking ticket before. To which I paid 10 minutes after it was issued. Using the yellow parking ticket left on the screen.

This time I left before it was even issued. I'm planning to complain. But I wanna know what exactly they do before they issue the ticket. How many pictures do they take? Of where? Do they take pictures after issuing the ticket too.

Maybe he let it be. Maybe not. Just wanna make sure I have the right defence before I got it on the mail. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Cheers.

Jan de Vries

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

The parking is free for 30 minutes. I knew that from before. Never missed parks ring billet. But since it was Sunday I thought maybe getting the parkering billet was unnecessary.

The parking is free for 30 minutes if you print out a ticket ("parkering billet") and put it visible in your windshield. Then when the guard comes around to check, he can see how long you have parked your car there.

It doesn't matter if it's Sunday or not.

All in a sudden after three minutes in the shop, coming out I saw this guy issuing parking ticket to the car next to me. I run towards my car. I asked the guy its Sunday isn't the parking not free? He answered me with the right parkering billet. I smiled and entered my car. I saw him standing in front of my car. I lowered my window and told him I'm living your parking isn't what you are about to do unnecessary. The answer I got was I don't care.

The guard probably had a bad day and should've let you pass, but he just did his job here. You didn't leave a ticket ("parkering billet").

It isn't even sure you'll get a parking fine, so don't complain yet. If you do get one come back here and tell us what it says.  :)

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar

The guard probably had a bad day and should've let you pass, but he just did his job here. You didn't leave a ticket ("parkering billet").

It isn't even sure you'll get a parking fine, so don't complain yet. If you do get one come back here and tell us what it says. :)

I wasn't planning to complain any sooner before I get the confirmation of issued parking ticket (parkering billet) on the mail.

I'm not even sure if I gave him time to the processing of the parking ticket... As for him having bad time shouldn't affect the other people life don't you think.

I'm a professional in what I do as a living. I happen to have bad times very regularly but that does not give me right to hurt others...

Anyways I don't know how your system of issuing parking ticket works. As I mentioned I had one before I accepted my mistake and got it paid within 10 minutes... Never received anything through the mail. How many pictures do they take? And of where? I'll let you know if I receive it through the mail if I ain't lucky!

Thank you for the response!

Lenke til kommentar

As you said, you came out of the shop after 3 minutes. You didn't go straight to the parking-machine to issue a ticket to put in your windshield. For all we know the guard could've seen you enter the shop. He didn't actually do anything wrong, but he could've been nice and let you go. That was what I meant of him having a bad day.

As for pictures, I guess he takes a few ones of the front of your car. Proving that you didn't leave any ticket for him.

Endret av J. Fredrik
Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...
  • 2 uker senere...

Thank you for the reply. Three weeks gone and I haven't received anything. The parking premises belonged to Park Nordics by the way, guess it's a coincidence that your friend works by the same company.

As I said I haven't gave him time to move a muscle. Left the premises within blink of an eye! He never wanted to let me go. I think it's good to be rude sometimes... If I stayed to discuss I would have difinately get the fine. He was dump not to let me go.

I know he was doing his job. But since I was there I think he would have let me go. Just an opinion.

Once again thank you for the tip. Cheers.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...

Now I'm here to confess I paid for the parking fate. I received GIRO at post finally. It states the time I started to park to the time I left the parking area.

I guess they were investigating my fate. I complained not once I realised about the timing. Guess they got camera on the parking area.

Not happy with my bad fate. But life goes on...

Ciao folks ?

Lenke til kommentar

If you ask to see pictures and they can't provide any pictures of you with the parking ticket on your windshield, you don't have to pay it. Usually parking companies earn money off of people cluelessly paying. My friend has admitted to several times giving people parking tickets by mistake, but people still pay.

Lenke til kommentar

Now I'm here to confess I paid for the parking fate. I received GIRO at post finally. It states the time I started to park to the time I left the parking area.

I guess they were investigating my fate. I complained not once I realised about the timing. Guess they got camera on the parking area.

Ciao folks

The parking company needs proof that you did not have a ticket.

They need a good, clear photo of your front windshield without a ticket when your vehicle was parked.

Without that its your word against theirs.

You can contact the parking ticket company by email, tell them you disagree with their claim ("Innsigelse på faktura").

This will escalate your claim in the legal system, Norwegian authorities will review the case and determine the outcome.

If all they have is a picture of your rear vehicle and you only stayed there for 3 minutes, Im certain the parking ticket company will just cancel your ticket. They know which cases they will win and they avoid the ones they cant win.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

I would not recommend taking this further. 

The only way you get to see the pictures is if you refuse to accept the ticket, and thus the case will go to the courts.

There the pictures will be shown as proof.

The only way you can win this is if the parking company have either lost the pictures, or if the pictures are not good enough to prove that it was your car that left without paying.

Since you know that pictures where taken then the odds are against you.

The case might have been different if you are quite sure that you was not caught on tape, then it might be worth to risk it in the court.

And even at the off chance that the parking company does not have any pictures of you, they might still win the case based simply on the testimony of the parking attendant.

You could of course try to call their bluff in the hope that they will drop the case, but if they actually have proof then you will be in trouble.

It's up to you, but as long as you did not paid for parking, you got caught, and you where photographed leaving the parking lot, then I don't see a lot of hope for you to win over the parking company. You got a ticket that is legitimate even if it feels unfair, and you know that they have proof against you, so taking a gamble hoping that the proofs are not good enough for a conviction is probably not worth it.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Ciao folks

The parking company needs proof that you did not have a ticket.

They need a good, clear photo of your front windshield without a ticket when your vehicle was parked.

Without that its your word against theirs.

You can contact the parking ticket company by email, tell them you disagree with their claim ("Innsigelse på faktura").

This will escalate your claim in the legal system, Norwegian authorities will review the case and determine the outcome.

If all they have is a picture of your rear vehicle and you only stayed there for 3 minutes, Im certain the parking ticket company will just cancel your ticket. They know which cases they will win

and they avoid the ones they cant win.[/quoted]

I surely agree with you that the company needs proof that I did not had a ticket. But the thing is they stated in the GIRRO that there was NO yellow parking ticket left in the car. I used the parking starting from 1356h to 1407h. That is exactly the time I used the parking. How did they know the precise timing? They take only pictures when they issue tickets but not the starting time, they know the end time only.

By stating to me the exact time I entered to the time I left made me no to complain at all. I'm for sure 100% they obtain a video of the incident. There is only one camera I thought it belonged to a REMMA 1000 supermarket! But I was wrong.

That is why I didn't complain... Your story are facts but don't you think when you get a parking ticket falsely and you complain they will let it GO. For those who just pay choosing not to complain choose to escape the fact... Bad for them good for the company...

Thank you

Lenke til kommentar

I got a parking ticket once. I returned to my vehicle and argued with the parking officer who was just about to leave. I returned the yellow ticket to him and never heard from him again. True story, sometimes you can get lucky.

In your case I think you got really unlucky, it seems likely they have video footage. Or maybe they knew the time you left and then wrote the minimum ticketable time (11 minutes). I think they can not give a ticket until 10+ minutes have passed.

In any case, its illegal from them to keep the video footage for more than 7 days, so it may be still be possible to get out of it. I do doubt it however, these parking companies are incredible annoying, its best to read the signs and do as they say :)

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

I would not recommend taking this further.

The only way you get to see the pictures is if you refuse to accept the ticket, and thus the case will go to the courts.

There the pictures will be shown as proof.

The only way you can win this is if the parking company have either lost the pictures, or if the pictures are not good enough to prove that it was your car that left without paying.

Since you know that pictures where taken then the odds are against you.

The case might have been different if you are quite sure that you was not caught on tape, then it might be worth to risk it in the court.

And even at the off chance that the parking company does not have any pictures of you, they might still win the case based simply on the testimony of the parking attendant.

You could of course try to call their bluff in the hope that they will drop the case, but if they actually have proof then you will be in trouble.

It's up to you, but as long as you did not paid for parking, you got caught, and you where photographed leaving the parking lot, then I don't see a lot of hope for you to win over the parking company. You got a ticket that is legitimate even if it feels unfair, and you know that they have proof against you, so taking a gamble hoping that the proofs are not good enough for a conviction is probably not worth it.

I was planing to complain before I received the parking ticket in the mail. But due to the odds of not going to win the case 'cause they must have obtained video. I mean the precise timing they stated on the GIRRO is right...

That is why I accepted to pay it without thinking... They stated I started using the parking the precise time I had in memory. How could they know the starting time? They must have a VIDEO...

I'm not planning to complain even when I know the parking attendant never had the photos of my car the way it should be...

Wise facts. Thank you

Lenke til kommentar

I got a parking ticket once. I returned to my vehicle and argued with the parking officer who was just about to leave. I returned the yellow ticket to him and never heard from him again. True story, sometimes you can get lucky.

In your case I think you got really unlucky, it seems likely they have video footage. Or maybe they knew the time you left and then wrote the minimum ticketable time (11 minutes). I think they can not give a ticket until 10+ minutes have passed.

In any case, its illegal from them to keep the video footage for more than 7 days, so it may be still be possible to get out of it. I do doubt it however, these parking companies are incredible annoying, its best to read the signs and do as they say :)

I think all we got is five minutes to get the parking ticket....

You absolutely right we need to do as they say. By the way they are even better than other companies who offer not free parking...

I was unlucky 'cause I thought I'm gonna make it in five minutes to buy what I wanted. I took the risk to ignore 1 minute to the parking machine to get the ticket and I paid the price...

No more mistakes... I was beaten once, twice shy, third SUICIDE ?... Kidding! Things happen in life. That is what makes us alive...

Thank you once again...

Lenke til kommentar
  • 5 uker senere...

I saw a parking warden from Euro Park getting a punch from some kids he was having a discussion with. He ran up to my car with a bloody nose and said the kids hit him and he wanted my name and telephone number as a witness.
I wished him good luck and drove away.

Endret av Indian
Lenke til kommentar

I would have smoked a cigaratte and not say a word to him. But driving off was a very good choice.

I'm not saying traffic wardens don't deserve respect and help. But why would you help someone who doesn't respect him/herself.

The ones in Oslo are douchbargs! Misusing the work and make people pay for nothing! Why would someone have to pay 760+kr just because he was on the phone having a bad day with the family, friends, boss or maybe with the authorities. All in a sudden you see someone in front of the car taking photos making the day even much worse.

They work as if the company belongs to their Daddy. I've no sympathy for them. I used to greet them before, knowing they were doing their work. But since that incident I give them stone face!

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...