Gå til innhold

OH SNAP! EA har kjøpt opp Take Two!

Anbefalte innlegg

I'm not the only one disappointed by this news, no doubt, but it seems that Take Two's major shareholders have finally buckled under the pressure of Electronic Constant persistence, and the renowned Grand Theft Auto owners have accepted a complete company takeover by the popular gaming giant.

After their most recent failed attempt, Electronic Arts pushed the cards again with a raised offer, with a close date of April 18th. Although the amount was never publically disclosed, it was apparently inviting enough that Take Two's major share holders have finally agree to the offer.

Most of us gamers feared it would only be a matter of time. Sadly, its turned out be sooner rather than later, now that the company has officially announced the shock revelation to the press.

Strauss Zelnick, chairman of the Take-Two board, responded with the following in response to the takeover, "After continued discussion, Take Two have shareholders are of the unanimous decision that a buyout of the company and integration into the Electronic Arts corporation is the best way forward for the company. We are aware of tensions this may cause amongst the loyal fanbase that has supported Grand Theft Auto and our other franchises of the year, but rest assured, there will be very little in the way of changes coming from this merger."

"Electronic Arts solid business models and high productions values will help us to expand our games and the Grand Theft Auto in exciting new directions, and we hope old and new consumers alike will stand by our future endeavours as we move in exciting new directions."

The company name, logos, and all its trademarks will remain intact.

I'm not too sure how to feel about this one myself, to be honest. I always figured it would be a case of "when" more so than "if". Its just a pity it had to occur so close to the release of Grand Theft Auto 4.

Kilde

*sniff* Skulle så gjerne ønske at dette ikke var sant :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...