Gå til innhold

Alt innom Rocketry

Anbefalte innlegg

I have looked at various stores here in Rogaland, but did not find any cooker that resembeld that example I had. However I am now thinking of using this electric stove (kokeplate) and a thermometer to find the temperature. The thermometer is used for cooking and baking, but I don't know if using it would give correct results. If like some of the thermometer is on the bottom of the pot and the rest with the propellant, will it give off the right temperature? I know heat and temperature are two different things, but is there some way to get the right temperature of the propellant?

Here are the electric stove and thermometer which I plan to use...

post-98327-1150463643_thumb.jpgpost-98327-1150463670_thumb.jpg

esa

EDIT: *needed to show pictures...

Endret av esa
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Nevermind, I figured out I can't use the electric stove (kokeplate). However the thermometer I can use, just need to find an electric skillet (have no clue what it is called in Norwegian). Here are two examples:

Example 1

Example 2

I need to find something like this here in Norway. I will be pretty surprised if they don't sell anything like this here...

*Please help! I really need to find an electric skillet (or something somewhat similar) :cry:

esa

Lenke til kommentar

Yes, I will post up my projects I have planned. Although I haven't posted up anything much here yet, I soon plan to when I have my final design. I am now joining NEAR, and am attending there next meeting sometime in July. I have also been discussing various ideas on some rocketry forums, with some really great experts in the field. I will be sure to post up pictures, videos, and details of my on-going projects. Things will start to take off sometime in mid-sommer...

I will keep you guys posted :thumbup:

esa

Lenke til kommentar
  • 4 uker senere...

Long time since last update...

But I have gotten lots done! I have been using a 3D program to make 3D drawings of my Solid Rocket Motors. Tomorrow I will be getting help to install it on my own computer (runs like a video editing program), and I'm also told I can post them up here on a pdf file, so you guys can see my rocket motor in 3D :D

I'm currently designing something very simple, a replica of Richard Nakka's [A-100M] SRM, here is the LINK

This is a very simple design, which is what I need to get practise using a Lathe (dreia på norsk). I am using KN/SB propellant, which is way easier to use instead of KN/SU. I just got a shipment in today from the guys at NEAR, about 2.5kg of KNO3 and 1.5kg of Sorbitol :D

* By the way, if you haven't heard of these before, here is a little intro. These are various types of "sugar propellants", there are 3 main types. Sucrose (SU), Dextrose (DX), Sorbitol (SB). Here are some links of each one:

- Sucrose, which is the "regular" sugar you would find at home. It burns the fastest out of the sugar propellants, but is very difficult to cast :hrm:

- Dextrose, aka "Glucose", is the middle with properties that are between SU and SB. :)

- Sorbitol, is a sugar used for the diabetic, and is the easiest sugar propellant to cast, and has the longest burn rate. :D

Also, KNO3 (aka, KN) is potassium nitrate (kaliumnitrat). It is the oxidizer of the rocket fuel, that means it "gives" off the oxygen to the fuel. The fuel being the sugar :thumbup:

Tomorrow I plan to start the construction of the Nozzle, Bulkhead, and Casing of my SRM (Solid Rocket Motor). I am also getting help with the 3D program (SolidWorks 2005). So I will see how far I get tomorrow...

In the meantime, here are some pictures of my newly stored propellant:

post-98327-1153424599_thumb.jpgpost-98327-1153424631_thumb.jpg

post-98327-1153424673_thumb.jpgpost-98327-1153424703_thumb.jpg

Nothing really interesting at all, but just to give you a generall idea of it (6L total) :roll:

I will be sure to post up some design plans and pictures of my SRM, and much more some other time...

esa

Lenke til kommentar
Kansje feil topic, men vet noen hvordan jeg mekker meg en flaskerakett, slik de lagde på mythbuster?

6527476[/snapback]

There are many links you can find on google, just google Bottle Rockets and I'm sure you will find lots of info. I don't have any experience with bottle rockets though. It is very easy to make, and fun to see them go up...

If you plan to use the "regular" pop bottles you would find in Norway (1.5L), they are different from the 2L bottles (which are also much lighter) in Canada/USA. I'm sure though that you could put a lot more pressure inside the bottle without exploding it.

I'd like to see how your bottle rocket goes, if you plan to make one. I think the simpliest form of making one is with a bicycle pump, pop bottle, water and air. That's all really, but you can be more advanced, by using pvc tubing and automatic pumps :p

esa

Lenke til kommentar

Now I have the 3D drawings of my rocket! Here is the pdf file (not 3D):

Rocket___Sheet1.pdf

I can't upload the 3D file here, but I can email it to whoever wants to see it! :thumbup:

The file size is the same as that of a picture! The only thing you need to do, to see it in 3D is download this small program here: eDrawings

It is totally free, and is a small program. You need this in order to view and move the objects in 3D. I can also send this program over email too with my 3D rocket drawings...

Just send a PM with your email, and I will send you a email ;)

esa

Lenke til kommentar

I have finished almost finished the parts for my SRM, here is a pic of my nozzle...

Skjult tekst: (Marker innholdet i feltet for å se teksten):

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

*Little out of focus, but it was my cell phone camera...

I will take better pics when I finish my SRM for Pioneer :thumbup:

For those who want to know more, here are the various pressures, thrust, impulse, graphs; just almost everything! Just open below, very important information! :idea:

Data and Kn:

1DataandKncopy.jpg

Pressure:

2Pressurecopy.jpg

Performance:

3Performancecopy.jpg

Output:

4Output.jpg

Propellantdata:

5Propellantdatacopy.jpg

Burnrate:

6Burnrate.jpg

UnitsConv:

7UnitsConv.jpg

Class:

8Class.jpg

:thumbup:

esa

Lenke til kommentar

oioi :whistle: du går jo skikkelig seriøst til verks. har du mekka dysa selv eller har du kjøpt den?

*vil ha kaliumnitrat og mekke ferdig raketten min nå*

har du tenkt å ha fallskjerm på raketten, og eventuelt hvordan skal den skytes ut? jeg lagde en minirakettmotor, og en slags lodd-bryter til den jobben, men finnes det noe bedre system?

Lenke til kommentar
oioi :whistle:  du går jo skikkelig seriøst til verks. har du mekka dysa selv eller har du kjøpt den?

*vil ha kaliumnitrat og mekke ferdig raketten min nå*

har du tenkt å ha fallskjerm på raketten, og eventuelt hvordan skal den skytes ut? jeg lagde en minirakettmotor, og en slags lodd-bryter til den jobben, men finnes det noe bedre system?

6586421[/snapback]

I have made it myself of course, I don't know where you can buy rocket parts here in Norway :tease:

I have also though of having a parachute, ejection system, and some sort of altimeter. Although I haven't thought of that too much, I'm concentrating on making and testing the actual rocket motors. For the ejection system of the parachute, I plan to make some sort of pyro device (like a charge, small explosion). These are hard to make reliable and consistent, but it is easier then using electronics for my small size of a rocket. There are also many other systems that have been experimented with, but a pyro device or electronical device seems to be the most common. I can see if I can find some examples, then post it up here, if you want...

I would like to see how you plan to make your SRM, KN/SU I beleive is what you will use? Here are some links to do motor calcs, its an excel spreadsheet, and all you have to do is punch in the numbers and it will do the math for you :thumbup:

SRM calc (top of page)

There are also other calcs there you can download, and if you have any questions, just ask and I will try to help. I'm also pretty new with the calcs, but it is much faster and easier then doing it by hand!

esa

Lenke til kommentar
I am now joining NEAR, and am attending there next meeting sometime in July.

NEAR? Da jeg så websiten deres for en tid tilbake, så så det ut som om de var døde og at et rakettprosjekt hvor de skulle skyte en rakkett ut i rommet brakk ryggen på hele organisasjonen. Men de er i live med andre ord? Og du er medlem? Kanskje friske opp websidene litt også?

Er medlemslisten komplett eller er det noen grunn for meg i Østfold å bli medlem også?

Lenke til kommentar

Yes, I made the nozzle myself (for the third time) :p It was mostly my friend that I know who actually "made it", while I was trying to "learn it". I had all the dimensions and specs, but he helped me with making it. It is not my lathe, it was the one that is used at where my dad works (there is a machining shop right next to them, NH-maskinering). The lathe there is just used once in awhile, I'm kind of known there now (as the rocketman lol). The lathe I use there, mind you, is very big. I was amazed that my rocket parts could actually be made with it, with some improvising...

The thing with NEAR. Yes it seems like their website was "down" for good, but I just send one of the administrators an email about how interested I was, how much I've been reading about it and experimenting (for over 3 years), etc. Then I got a reply, which I didn't think I was going to get because it looked deserted. We started talking and still are. I know two adminstrators pretty well, and am going to the meeting in August. I got a newsletter from NEAR, with some of their plans. One thing that was mentioned was that NEAR's website was getting totally redone by some professionals, and they have high hopes for how its going to look in the end. There was another thing mentioned about the "big plan", that NEAR is going to make a rocket with amature propellant, to break a world record of going 150 km high. I don't know much about that yet, but will get to know the details soon...

If you are really interested in rocketry, I'm pretty sure you will be accepted at NEAR. There are some fees, etc, but nothing much. However, how much do you actually know about rockets? You also have to say some stuff about yourself, and why your interested, etc...

So tell me a little about your interests in rocketry, what you have learned/done, etc :thumbup:

esa

Lenke til kommentar

Here are some various pictures, I will show more with igniters and such when I can...

Here is my empty paint can filled with wood chips, burning in the fire place with a small hole poked in it on the top. I am litterally making my own charcoal, which is an ingredient in blackpowder (gunpowder). I haven't been adding sulfur (which is really not needed), so its a different grade of blackpower I guess. This pyrogen (mixed blackpowder and nitrocellulose liquir (ping-pong balls dissolved in aceton)), is my ignition powder...

*I will add some pics of my igniters later.

DSC00281.jpg

The fire around it heats up the can and air inside, which then acts as a mini flame thrower, spewing out air :p

Here is a pic of my casting work station, with my first finished grain. It is a messy job, but I seem to have gotten the hang of it ;)

DSC00283.jpg

*Note the little spill pile, that was used for burn testing (size of an AA battery when rolled up). Look at the next pics...

I then figured I could do a small burn test of my rocket fuel, with the leftovers I had (that little spill). Since the size was pretty small, roughly the size of a battery, I thought it didn't matter if I tested it in the garage. However, it produce A LOT of smoke, as you can see...

DSC00284.jpg

Then how it looked 5 minutes after opening the doors...

DSC00285.jpg

10 minutes after...

DSC00286.jpg

It really only burned for a few seconds, but I was shocked and amazed of how much smoke that little thing could produce! I guess I should of known better, this stuff is also used in smoke bombs :p I'm just glad my parents weren't home :!:

I will hopefully do a static test of my rocket motor tomorrow (Monday), I will also post up more pics of my grain, parts, igniters, and testing.. :thumbup:

esa

Lenke til kommentar

My static test has been delayed to Wednesday :hrm:

*I need to find a good place to actually test it, because there is always a chance of the whole thing exploding and sending srapnel 100's of meters :ohmy:

However, this rocket is made to withstrain 10 times that of operating pressures.

BUT one has to be prepared for the worst case scenario..

esa

Lenke til kommentar
I just saw this amazing thread about Rockets. Actually I've just come home from European Spacecamp 2006, where we succesfully launched a real rocket. If any of you guys find that interesting, go check out www.spacecamp.no!

6635941[/snapback]

Yes, I have heard of that too and plan to apply next year :D I have been talking to some guys who are up there working with spacecamp, and am meeting them in Oslo in late August for NEAR (Norwegian Experimental Amature Rocketry, club)..

What was the total impulse of the rocket you guys made, by the way?

esa

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...