Gå til innhold
Trenger du hjelp med internett og nettverk? Still spørsmål her ×

Hva betyr dette. (Peerguardian issues)

Anbefalte innlegg

Når jeg forsøker å gå inn på www.disney.com så kommer jeg ikke inn.

Tilfeldigvis tittet jeg i loggen på peerguardian, og fant dette:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com ads (09-15-2004 @ 19:43:24)

Connection Rejected: 199.181.132.31 - disney scanned 1 AP2P (09-15-2004 @ 19:47:46)

Connection Rejected: 199.181.132.31 - disney scanned 1 AP2P (09-15-2004 @

Hva skal jeg legge i dette? Forsøker disney å scanne innhold\ting på Pcen min?

' :dontgetit:

V

Endret av vetle
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
  • 10 måneder senere...
  • 2 måneder senere...

Beware: Fake version of PeerGuardian on download.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has come to our attention that a group called openwares.org has put a modified version of PeerGuardian on download.com.

it is called PeerGuardian 1.99 pr 21.

on install it will try to install a program called qutrit bar. taken from their license agreement:

Quote:

I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT WILL INSTALL SOFTWARE TO DISPLAY ELECTRONIC ADVERTISEMENTS AND THIRD PARTY WEB PAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE AND/OR MONITOR MY INTERNET VIEWING HABITS AND REPORT THEM TO THE COMPANY AND/OR UNDISCLOSED THIRD PARTIES, WITHOUT USER INTERVENTION. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE ELECTRONIC ADVERTISEMENTS AND THIRD PARTY WEB PAGES MAY APPEAR ABOVE OR BELOW OTHER WEB PAGES I HAVE OPEN ON MY DESKTOP AND I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT I HAVE THE SOLE RIGHT AND DISCRETION, AND HEREBY GRANT PERMISSION, TO ALLOW THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT TO CAUSE THESE CHANGES IN HOW ANY AND ALL WEB PAGES ARE WINDOWED ON MY COMPUTER.

we at methlabs.org have never released a build with that version number and we have nothing to do with this release.

due to the licensing of PeerGuardian 1.x we can not force them to take their version down at the moment.

up to now more than 95,000 people have fallen for this fake.

please do not download this fake version.

warn your friends about it.

spread the word on other p2p forums.

thanks, the methlabs team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have contacted openwares.org demanding they have no involvement with PG or DD.

They have misrepresented PG by applying their own installer loaded with Spyware which in turn is damaging to the reputation of the project(s).

Irrelevant of licensing rights I will fuck with them severely if they don't desist in their actions relating to our work.

I'm already in discussions with download.com staff and will make it my duty to inform all of the p2p community about openwares.org and the way they are poisoning p2p applications with their bullshit. Obviously starting with ZP and UTC.

As far as I'm concerned their actions are tantamount to an attack on methlabs.org by releasing potentially damaging, unofficial versions of PG on the public and by claiming some sort of publishing rights to Download.com where this is far from the truth.

I've also contacted openwares.org to let them know of my intentions should they fail to meet the demands I've made. I've given them 7 days to act which is ample time.

I'm already working on code to include in our official installers which will terminate malware processes and delete malware files relating to openwares installers.

Peace!!

Lenke til kommentar

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Opprett ny...