Gå til innhold

er Dc dødt?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Trauma Studios have released a news item which pretty much spells the end of the most popular BF1942 mod as we know it..." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the news you've been waiting for. Before I start, I would first like to acknowledge the work of all the developers. None of this could be possible without the dedication of Frank Delise and his wonderful team of dedicated devolopers. Best mod of 2003 for a reason - Three cheers, guys!

But now to the bulk of the announcement. Over the past four to six months, there's been ever-increasing speculation about the future of Desert Combat. This was fuelled further with the announcement that Trauma Studios had been signed to assist DICE on previously announced projects. Well today we have some answers for some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the next update to Desert Combat. Think of it as your Release FAQ.

1. Is this announcement concerning the next release of Desert Combat

Yes and no. This release has the help of the DC devs and includes material donated by testers. It is the size and compilation of the next DC release. It is however not "Desert Combat".

2. Is this the last release of Desert Combat

Yes and no. Officially: .7 was the last release. "DC Final" is an unofficial release created by some very dedicated DC developers (off the clock) and testers. Unfortunately Trauma studios is unable to continue Desert Combat as their schedules simply cannot handle it. Speculation about contracts is pure speculation and I cannot answer any questions about it.

3. Will work continue on this unofficial continuation mod for Desert Combat?

That is to be foreseen. It depends on how well this release is recieved. Although this is not official by Trauma studios, this is what the testers call the "next Desert Combat release". There's not a tester that doesn't disagree. This release is worthy of being called .8 - despite that it can't be

4. What will be in this unofficial release?

Well obviously some bug fixes. We are working with a skeleton crew and we can't get to every little thing on every map. But I think we got most of the big stuff.

Also some balancing things. The hummer is obviously fixed. I can't post the changelist. The bulk of the changes are cosmetic. The explosion effects have been revamped. There's a couple of new animations. The sounds are WAY cooler. The smoke trails for certain things have been revamped. Some new vehicle varients. A couple of innovative weapons for sure. New maps of course. We're still not sure what maps will make it - so I'm not going to list it.

It will be an AWESOME release. There are SOOO many refinements that it makes the game feel like modern combat. The old releases (to me) felt like a BF42 mod. Now its a whole new game.

5. When's it going to be released

Can't say. We are ramping up testing and are going to push it through quick - but we want to make sure we get all the bugs out

fra OGN 02/08

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...

Det har vært en liten utvikling. DICE har nå kjøpt Trauma Studios og Desert Combat som varemerke.

Digital Illusions buys New York based game developer Trauma Studios Inc.

Initially Trauma will work with the development of a concept for a new PC game.

- Through Desert Combat Trauma showed they are remarkably good at developing products the consumer wants. They understand our technology and are experienced and skillful game developers. This was the major factor to our acquisition, said Patrick Söderlund, CEO at Digital Illusions.

- With Digital Illusions award winning team and Trauma Studios’ talent, I am confident we will be very successful together. We really look forward to being part of the Digital Illusions family, said Frank DeLise, CEO at Trauma Studios Inc.

Digital Illusions buys all assets of Trauma and employ all its employees. Digital Illusions thereby buys the trademarks Desert Combat and Trauma Studios.

Trauma will work with the development of games built on Digital Illusions’ technology produced in Sweden. The focus for Trauma – as for Digital Illusions’ Canadian office - will thereby be on concept and game developing, rather than on developing technology. Initially Trauma will work with the development of a concept for a new PC game based on the Battlefield 2 engine. The companies have been working together since February 2004, and Trauma will continue to develop certain parts of Battlefield 2.

Trauma has nine employees today. According to plan the number of employees will increase gradually to be around 20 persons.

Trauma Studios is specialized in FPS* games. They are best known for their Desert Combat mod of Digital Illusions' hit game, Battlefield1942, which was elected “Best Mod of the Year” in 2002 and 2003 by the gaming site Gamespy.com. Trauma also has developed gaming tools for Electronic Arts and the American Military.

Lukter suksesshistorie a'la CS all over again dette...

Les også pressreleasen her!

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...