Gå til innhold

Enda en "krigshistorie"

Anbefalte innlegg

Her kommer oppfølgeren til "A story from a strange barkeep"

Self synes jeg disse historiene er til å få diabetes av, hvorfor jeg skriver sånn halveis i kjærlighets sjangeren er et mysterium...

så here it comes

A story from a strange barkeep: The loss of a loved one.

This story is dedicated to those who read "A story from a strange barkeep" on www.Gamer.no

written by Aleksander Bye

After one year nothing had changed, but one thing. Karen and Joakim had been married.

They accepted contracts at the same time, they did never fight against each other anymore.

Mostly the French paid most money at this time so Karen and Joakim helped the French.

They ran side by side Joakim with his sword and shield units and Karen with her lady fencers.

They defeated everyone foolish enough to resist. But one day this would all change again.

As usual Karen and Joakim accepted a French contract located in Aquitaine They walked to MontPellier. They were supposed to find and kill a spy before they attacked the vital position. Joakim found his trusted sword and shield units and Karen found her lady fencers.

They walked for about an hour trough a thick forest. Suddenly a lady fencer saw a clearing.

When they approached the clearing they took a five minute break.

The group started to go unaware of what was hiding in the forest. Joakim saw that Karen was a little unsure of walking in this thick forest, but he said calmly to her. “Don’t be afraid of this part of the forest. It’s no wild animals around here and I am sure that the barbarian tribe to the east is to stupid to set up an ambush.” “very well” sighed Karen and kept walking.

The forest started to clear up once again and they could see their destination about three miles ahead. “Did you hear that?” Karen whispered to Joakim. “Yes I did and I don’t like it.”

Something came flying in the air just by the head of Joakim. “ambush!” Joakim roared.

The sound of metal being dragged out of leather sheaths sounded over the whole area.

At first it was going quite well to Karen and Joakim, but after some time the assassins were taking over the fight. All the French soldiers were dead or knocked down. Karen and Joakim was still up and fighting bravely. But soon Karen was to tired to hold her rapier up and she lost the grip of it and was sliced in the breast and fell to the ground.

Joakim saw this and once again he entered the mental state Bladestorm. He slaughtered the assassins and ran as fast as he could to Karen. He kneeled down to her and whispered some few words in hear ear. Karen was dead. “So pathethic” a voice laughed to Joakim. “who are you?” Joakim demanded. I am Marcel the Great and my objective on this battlefield is completed.” Marcel rode away proud over himself. “I swear I am going to revenge you Karen!.” But Karen couldn’t hear him.

Joakim started to dig in the earth with his bare hands. While digging he was able to think over his life for the first time. He now realised that fighting for money, risking his life almost every day was not worth it. When the grave was ready, Joakim lifted up the corpse and laid it gently down in the grave. He filled it, said goodbye and went back to the tavern.

“It’s sad, but that’s how life is. Nothing you can do with it.” Brannwyn tried to comfort.

“Thanks but I am thinking about retiring, but not before I got my revenge.”

“I can help, I am the best archer in Wales.” Brannwyn said lightly.

“I accept. But there is one problem. We don’t know where he is.” Joakim said.

“Well he used to be in Aquitaine before. I think he is there now. He just left for an exclusive contract.” Brannwyn wondered.

Together Brannwyn and Joakim left for Aquitaine to find and kill Marcel.

Brannwyn came running after Joakim after she had found some longbowmen that would follow her. Joakim had truble finding someone who was good to fight with a sword and a shield. He didn’t find anyone, but he found some Vikings equipped with some fearsome spears. Together they ran to a little village near the shore. They found what looked like the leader of the place. “Greetings. Are the leader around here?” Brannwyn asked while Joakim were beating up a drunk man in the background. “Indeed, what can I do for you?” he replied.

“We are looking for a man named Marcel, he calls himself Marcel the great.”

“Ah, yes, I know who you are talking about. He raided this village for about one day ago.” The old man told her.” “He left for the castle to the west, but he is not allowed to cross the bridge because of the Barbarians. They don’t like him. He is too much of a coward to fight almost alone. If you hurry up you will be able to get to him before he go another place.”

“Thank you very much, we will leave now.” Brannwyn said bright. “Joakim! Lets go!”

Brannwyn and Joakim went for the river. And as the village elder said. Marcel was there.

“Marcel!. Come here and fight me alone you little coward!” Joakim yelled.

“Hah! You came for revenge at last, just because your little girlfriend died. Take him!” Marcel said calmly. Brannwyn and her longbowmen slaughtered Marcels troop before they could reach them. Joakim walked to Marcel with his sword ready. “Don’t you dare face me alone? Step of your horse and we fight face to face!” Marcel jumped of the horse and ran at Joakim. Marcel was fast, but Joakim was faster than him and stabbed Marcel in the stomach.

“Hurray” Brannwyn yelled in joy. This is it then. I will leave and never come back.

Endret av Lexiboij
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...