Gå til innhold

Emulator

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Det finnes ingen GC-emulator, nei, og tror ikke det vil komme heller, på en god stund, i hvert fall. GC er visst en av de vanskeligste konsollene å "emulere", etter hva jeg har hørt. Les denne forklaringen:

One of the emulators in the posted links is fake. I looked through the "source code" to it and all it will do is print an error stating that the GameCube system rom file cannot be found. It won't even check for its existence. I suspect the other one is the virus that has been going around that claims to be an emulator. GameCube emulation is going to be very hard, but not because of power reasons. The GameCube's processor is a 485 MHz PowerPC derived from the G3. So emulating the processor wouldn't even be necessary on a Macintosh. The "Flipper" ATi graphics chip would require some work to emulate, but it certainly is doable. The real reason that GameCube emulation is going to be hard is that there are no drives that can hook up to a computer that can read GC discs. This is because all forms of both CDs and DVDs are written as CLV (Constant Linear Velocity), and GC discs are written as CAV (Constant Angular Velocity). Obviously this presents a big obstacle to getting ROM files of games. The only way I can see to get around this problem is to take apart a GC, take out its optical drive, and hack an IDE interface onto it. Needless to say, this would require quite a bit of hardware hacking skills, and it is something far beyond my abilities. - GMontag, Global Gamers Forums

Og om det hadde finnes, så ville jeg ikke brukt den, og det synes jeg ikke du heller skulle gjort. ;)

Excelsion: Jeg synes ingen av dere passer inn under beskrivelsen din av EB_Veyron, men synes du er nærmest. :roll:

Lenke til kommentar

fra fragland.net

"StarCube, an pro-piracy organization has made .iso's (disc images) of GameCube titles. Thanks to some help from a fan of our affiliate Nintendo Insider, we have confirmed that this news is not a hoax. We have seen the Action Replay and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker avaliable for download via IRC DCC/XDCC.

Obviously, downloading any of these things is illegal. In addition, offering them is even more illegal. GameCube Advanced can not, and will not assist you in finding these illegal .iso files. In addition, we do not posess them ourselves either.

The good news here is that the hacked software can not be played on the GameCube -- yet. However, certain pirates are said to be working on some sort of method to facilitate the writing of a recordable disc and the playing of a bootleg title on the GameCube itself. How exactly this will work is unknown, espically given that the fact that there aren't many NR Writers out there.

Even more bad news - it appears as if the software used by developers to create discs (software used by NR Writers) has been illegally hacked as well. This is bad because it means someone could figure out how to allow a GameCube game to be burned to a recordable Digital Versatile Disc. "

Dette er ikke hoax. ISO'er er der ute, uten at jeg skal være mer spesifik. Som sagt kan de ikke brennes ut da, enda....

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...