Gå til innhold

6th GeN. 30TB TriplX

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi guys!

New update today ! running really low on materials now, all from alu to steel, and the plexi have yet to arrive.... so somewhat in a standstill now, ah well.... found a few parts to work on anyways ^^

Whats been done:

* PSU mounts done

* Middle mobo plate mounted

* Front and backplate of mid module finally popped in place

* Started working on consealing the middle PC aswell as all the cables that comes with em

* 2x 240 and 2x 360 radiators arrived

* ordered up 12x 120mm fractal design 16db fans

* ordered up 3x laing pumps

* ordered up hosing and "coolsleeves"

The mobo plate

Well... as you prolly know by now, the PC thats gonna manage most of the disks will be placed in the middle module, up front on the middle module to be exact ^^

Had to file down the back of the spacers to make sure the mobo plate was in touch with the front plate

Drilled a bunch of holes, and popped stuff into place^..

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

The PSU mount

cmon, its basically just 2 plates of alu with holes in em, not gonna go further into that venture ^^

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

The secret!

Wonder whats gonna hide behind the lower disk rack... :p oh, and tape measure ftw ^^

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

Might be able to get some work done tomorrow aswell, time will tell ^^

-Cg

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Yet another day has gone by.... and finally... rounding 75% done on the HDD cables and sleeving, 6 of the 8 - 6 plug cables are done, oh oh, added some pics of the true top radiator aswell,

Sad enough, didnt receive the 120mm fan's today... or the radiators -.- will pick em up tomorrow though

whats been done

*Cable sleeeeeeeves -.-

*Cable sleeeeeeeves -.-

*Cable soldering -.-

*Cable sleeeeeeeves -.-

*Cable soldering -.-

The frustration is apparent :p

Anyways... heres some pics :

The silencers came with lotsa s-ata power connectors... however... all of em were facing the same way... thats not gonna work with middle placed PSU's with disks above and below, had to cut and rotate half of em

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5325.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5331.jpg

The top box, more rads!

The top box has officially lost 50% of its total height, just like its brother ^^ the top space is not needed at all, and trust me... the case is still bloody HUGE, anyways, another set with 360 rads mounted up, totalling at 4x360 radiators in top, another 2x 240 coming in for the bottom module tomorrow along with the fractal design fans

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Guys! Guess what?!

The truly worst, most fragile and hated material to work with have arrived, in a small pile, at my office... after a 3 hour drive to pick it up at the "local" retailer (Norway is one of those countries with bad availability of certain stuff, plexi being one of em :p)

Guess i should dedicate a entire article to how much i hate plexiglass, but that will have to go for some other time... and trust me... the list is painfully long when it comes to why i dont like working with it... but hey... it looks good, doesnt it? ^^

So..

Whats been done

* been cutting plexi like crazy on a bladesaw

* measured and drilled holes trough it

* made proper fittings for m6 bolts so it can be mounted to the case

* cut 6x 120mm holes on the top case for radiator ventilation

* been drawing sketches to the cable hiding "system" (also called angled alu plates :p)

Plexi -.-

Well.. the plan was to go for eloxated brushed alu in the first place... but im one of those impatient guys that cant really wait 2 weeks for stuff to be sendt away... worked with... returned and then to be finding that more stuff have to go trough the same process again.

So went off to the local retailer and picked up around 5 square meters of different tickness plexi,

The entire front part of the case is now made out of 5mm clear plexi with 3mm black reflective plexi outside (think PS3 finnish), should be able to put some diodes or cathodes behind it so ill have a nice blue glowing edge around all of it ^^

Also picked up a 8mm tick clear plate to cover the front screen.

All of it tightened up with m6 bolts

And NO, i cant remove the protective plastic before everything is done, its there for a reason :p

IMG_5373.jpg

Plates all cut up

IMG_5372.jpg

Showing off the front middle section on the floor ^^

IMG_5397.jpg

Measure up

IMG_5398.jpg

And start drilling ^^

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

The 5mm + 3mm make up the 8mm clear plexi on the front display perfectly =)

Ventilation, top radiator's

Not much air is gonna go trough a 3mm plexi plate, so had to get some holes up and ready for some seriour ventilation :p Oh... and the spacers will be coming back, just had to take em out so i could mount the plates proper :p

IMG_5399.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

The backside of the rads

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5406.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

Would hate to try and read trough this thread with a 56k... lol

Hopefully able to push trough a update tomorrow aswell ^^

-Cg

Lenke til kommentar

One of those sleepnight nights have just struck me yet again... my ladie is off in spain for another 3 days... so nothing much to do home at the moment...

Ah well... guess we just have to fill up the time with other stuff to do ^^ and whats better then some late nigh modding 0.o (no, thats not a serious statement) :p

on the 4th day of my cable management road now, and honest, stuff is cloing in to being nearly invisible as far as cables go atleast, in the middle section though :p the rest havent even been started 0.o

The super PSU cooler thingy!

The PCP&C PSU's have been rumored to excrete quite alot of annoying sound when being warmed up, so would assume that a couple of fan's would help keeping the audible stuff a bit down...

So decided to make a fan duct around all the 3 PSU's to be sure they receive enough air in that somewhat tightened up enviroment ^^

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

And yes... the small gap between the cable holder and the PSU duct is just a matter of not fastening stuff to the frame yet ^^

Thats all for this night guys, stay tuned tomorrow =)

Lenke til kommentar

After a few days out being really (REALLY) drunk with some friends, i guess its time to get back to work :p however... its quite hard when u cant even lean forward without loosing balance...bloody vodka... lol

The paintjob i due this week, ended up with 2 layers of powder coat this time around aswell.....and alot have to be sanded before starting up with that...

Whats been done

* Mounted fan's

* Made radiator holder

* Finished mobo plate holders

* Sanded up some parts for painting

* Received 40x 100cm angled S-ATA cables

* Worked a bit more on the PSU shroud

With a bit of luck should i receive my shipment from watercooling.co.uk by tuesday, that contains the pumps and the coils for the hoses ^^

IMG_5440.jpg

What to say... ^^

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

Afraid my current state of mind aint able to do a proper writeup to the pics :p let the imagination work guys!

-Cg

Lenke til kommentar

Hi guys!

The package from watercooling.co.uk has finally arrived! And im such a lazy boy, n wont be writing stuff on how to assemble laing pumps :p

Consider this a small update ^^

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

Pump mount... still workin on it :p

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Hi guys ^^

Case has been de-assembled today, time to get some work done to get this project a decent looking finnish i would guess?

current status pic

DSC00006s.JPG

Ill get some more pics by friday, stay tuned! one of those truly MAJOR updates should arise around those times =)

Lenke til kommentar

Hi guys! Thx for all the good words, im a bound man soon now, cant rly say im complaining either..

Guess it would be time for a new update ^^

Have been sanding like crazy the past days, and are finally ready for the first layer of primer, to make sure the paint will be stuck there for awhile :p

The colour of choice ended up on black-ish non reflective (matte?) for the lack of a better word ^^

DSC00013s.jpg

DSC00015s.jpg

DSC00016s.jpg

DSC00017s.jpg

DSC00019s.jpg

DSC00020s.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Guess its time for a update again...

Whats been done

* Paintjob done

* Mounted case back up

* Mounted frontplates

* Mounted Laing pumps

* Tightened fittings for hoses

* Mounted wtfpwn wheels on the lower module

The paint job

A entire chapter should be dedicated to this one, cus honest, its been a shitload of work to get the finnish decent enough to be happy with it :p Been sanding for hours, placed up primer, and hung stuff up and sprayed it with a spray gun... After a 30 hours drytime it was finally ok to pick it back down and start getting this case up running again....

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00024.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

DSC00025.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Hi guys!

Its light in the end of the tunnel! Finally! Mounted up alot of stuff now, and its clearly turning out to be possible to get this PC up and running quite soon =)

IMG_5604.jpg

The Storageish

Got pretty exactly 36 sata and 4 ide drives thats all going into this build, leaving another 8 slots for new disks in the future ^^ stuff tends to be filled up at a alarming rate... with, uhm... family photo's ofc ^^

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

First row in place ^^

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

Anyone stated that stuff cant be clean with 40 drives? 0.o

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

Aaaand.... the first batch of 24 disks up

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

Power em up?

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

Watercooling

Hah! Stuff looks so messy right now,but hey... its only gonna move water around... might change some loops tomorrow

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

Current status pic

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Hi guys!

Time for the long awaited update =)

Whats been done

* More cable management

* Some hose management

* Made a new holder to keep sata cables out of sight on the bottom module

* Soldered power cables for the pumps and light's

* Test booted all 3 PC's

Well... as mentioned before, have been putting quite alot of time into cable management, its now officially day 6 of the management... and a decent 30 hours has allready gone into it 0.o

God i hate this amount of cables... but hey... hopefully its gonna look decent when its done

Also tried to hook up the screen earlier, works flawlessly =)

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Finale?

nah... afraid not... but hey... getting truly close to finishing this project =)

Windows 7 installed on all 3 comp's, running flawlessly, the temp seems to keep stable at 34c full load on the phenom 955 + 4870x2 loop

Its not making any noise at all practically speaking, ill get a DB measure up within the next days

The final weight for those who's wondering is 63KG

The dragon is done, but still need the sponsor marks up there, and the watercooling has been filled up, should be able to get some benches soon aswell

IMG_5679.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5672.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

So... what might be left?

* Screen cover on the backside

* mobo consealer on the rightside

* cathodes and LED's

* power button's

* HDD rack hider for the holders thats left empty for now

* get sponsor decals

Thx for tagging along on this build guys and ladies, truly appreciated with all the support thats been given =)

Lenke til kommentar
  • 5 måneder senere...

Hei folkens, snart TG i gang igjen, og er vel på tide å begynne å legge noen planer for neste prosjekt, har kun lagt ut forrige kabinetter til salgs uten innhold, men denne gangen går hele prosjektet ut døra til den som måtte komme med det beste budet, Noen som er intresert i 6th gen der ute? :p

Prosjektet går ut for salg etter TG ^^

Har vært en byggekost på rundt 86,000, har ikke tatt med arbeidstimer eller de 30 terra med familiebilder som følger med, så kan vel trygt si att skambud ikke vurderes =)

Skulle vel nesten tro at neste generasjon er på vei snart =)

Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 måneder senere...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...