Awareness of Microsoft 365 temporary feature adjustments
Major update: Announcement started
As a part of our commitment to customers and Microsoft cloud services continuity during these unprecedented times, we're making temporary adjustments to select capabilities within Microsoft 365.
Last week, we shared details about adjustments in Microsoft Teams, such as how often we check for presence, the interval in which we show when the other party is typing, and reduced video resolution.
We are sharing a few other temporary changes you can expect.
• OneNote in Teams will be read-only for commercial tenants, excluding EDU. Users can go to OneNote for the web for editing.
• Download size and sync frequency of file attachments has been changed.
• You can find details on these and other OneNote related updates as http://aka.ms/notesupdates.
• We are rescheduling specific backend operations to regional evening and weekend business hours. Impacted capabilities include migration, DLP and delays in file management after uploading a new file, video or image.
• Reduced video resolution for playback videos.
• People timeline has been disabled for newly uploaded videos. Pre-existing videos will not be impacted.
• Meeting recording video resolution adjusted to 720p
We will continue to monitor our Microsoft 365 services on an ongoing basis and share any further updates here.