Gå til innhold

Hvordan få tak i DDR2 RAM?

sdhweb

Anbefalte innlegg

Heisann,

Jeg har et ASUS P5Q https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5Q/specifications/ med 8GB RAM bestående av 4stk 2GB-brikker. Jeg skulle gjerne hatt 16GB totalt og for å oppnå det trenger jeg trolig 4stk 4GB-brikker.

Noen som har noen å selge til en fornuftig pris eller forslag til hvordan jeg kan få tak i dette? Jeg finner ikke 4GB-brikker og de brikkene jeg finner er svindyre.

Tips mottas med takk :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Sykt mye der som står som AMD only.

Sjekk manualen din (eller last ned QVL), hva som støttes av brikker.

Fant denne forklaringen på nett

I too have come across ddr2 ram labelled as AMD....and there seems to be a lot of ambiguity about what works where....

So a bit of research was the order of the day.

See section 5 of this excellent article http://www.ocfreaks.com/ram-overclocking-guide-tutorial...

To summarize:

1) An industry standard DDR2 module must ship with an SPD chip to be compliant. (SPD = serial presence detect)

2) The SPD chip contains JEDEC information which identifies the RAM module to the PC bios .

3) The SPD chip may also include additional information to help the BIOS configure optimal memory settings.

4) Intel call this extra information XMP

5) AMD call this extra information EPP

6) If the PC bios cannot understand EPP or XMP is falls back to the JEDEC information.

7) All PC bios systems can understand JEDEC, irrespective of what other config data is on the SPD chip.

7) So, an industry standard DDR2 module could in theory contain JEDEC, XMP and EPP configuration data.

8) Which means (in theory) any DDR2 PC bios that can at least recognize the installed DDR2 module. (compatible ram timings or not)

9) It is an entirely separate issue if the RAM module timing specs are incompatible.(i.e. CL4 RAM in a "CL6 only" PC)

Example 1:

I own an Intel PC that needs CL5 ram modules. I purchase an "AMD" CL5 ram module and install it. BIOS cannot read the AMD EPP info on the SPD but can recognize the CL5 timing info in the JEDEC data table. PC BIOS auto configures for the AMD ram module and boots normally.

Example 2:

I own an AMD PC that needs CL6 ram modules. I purchase an "INTEL" CL6 ram module and install it. BIOS cannot read the INTEL XMP info on the SPD but can recognize the CL6 timing info in JEDEC data table. PC BIOS auto configures for the AMD ram module and boots normally.

Example 3:

I own an INTEL PC that needs CL6 ram modules. I purchase an "AMD" CL4 ram module and install it. INTEL BIOS cannot read the AMD EPP info on the SPD but can recognize the CL4 timing info in JEDEC data table. PC BIOS recognizes module timings as incompatible an refuses to boot.

Endret av Kyrre S.
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...