Gå til innhold

Bronson (2009). A Clockwork Orange for the 21st Century?

Montag

Anbefalte innlegg

Bronson (2009)

001gw2.jpg

w599.png

Offisielt nettsted

Dette er en av de filmene jeg gleder meg mest til i første halvår av 2009. Den handler kort og godt om en kar som ofte omtales som Storbritannias voldeligste fange, Michael Gordon Peterson aka Charles Bronson. Siden 1974 har denne mannen tilbrakt 34 år bak murene, 30 av disse på enecelle. For tiden sitter han på isolat i et av landets tøffeste fengsler.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mannen har sittet så lenge i fengsel av følgende grunner: Bronson's sentence has been repeatedly extended for crimes committed within prison, which include wounding with intent, wounding, criminal damage, grievous bodily harm, false imprisonment, blackmail, and threatening to kill.

Her er litt av mannens øvrige "merittliste":

* Bronson took hostages and staged a 47-hour rooftop protest at Broadmoor in 1983, causing £750,000 of damage.

* In 1998, Bronson took two Iraqi hijackers and another inmate hostage at Belmarsh prison in London. He insisted his hostages call him "General" and told negotiators he would eat one of his victims unless his demands were met. At one stage, Bronson demanded one of the Iraqis hit him "very hard" over the head with a metal tray. When the hostage refused, the 18-stone strongman slashed his own shoulder six times with a razor blade. He later told staff: "I'm going to start snapping necks - I'm the number-one hostage taker." He demanded a getaway helicopter to take him to Cuba, two Uzi sub-machine guns, 5,000 rounds of ammunition and an axe. In court, he said he was "as guilty as Adolf Hitler". He said: "I was on a mission of madness, but now I'm on a mission of peace and all I want to do now is get home and have a pint with my son." Another seven years were added to his sentence.

* Soon after the trial, Bronson escaped from solitary again and tied up prison teacher Phil Danielson with a rope and towed him round the jail for 44 hours (the teacher was not physically harmed during the incident.) Armed with two knives, he twice tried to harm himself during the siege. He hit himself over the head with a bottle and tore a washing machine filled with water from its socket in an attempt to electrocute himself.

* In 1994, while he was holding a guard hostage at Woodhill Prison, Milton Keynes, he demanded an inflatable doll, a helicopter and a cup of tea as ransom. Two months later, he held deputy governor Adrian Wallace hostage for five hours at Hull prison, injuring him so badly he was off work for five weeks, although Bronson claimed it was "an accident".

* In 2007, two members of prison staff at Full Sutton high security prison in the East Riding of Yorkshire were involved in a "control and restraint incident", in an attempt to prevent another hostage situation, during which Bronson (who now needs spectacles) had his glasses broken. Bronson received £200 compensation for his broken glasses, which he claimed were made "pre-war gold" and given to him by "Lord Longford".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bronson er foruten sin hang til hypervold også en mann som vet å svinge pennen: Whilst in prison, Bronson has developed an extreme fitness regime and regularly does 2,500 press-ups a day. For the past ten years, Bronson has also occupied himself by writing poetry, producing pieces of art and has had eleven books published. He has won a record 11 Koestler Awards for his poetry and art.

Trailere:

Se filmen hos Youtube

Se filmen hos Youtube

8 ekstra klipp fra filmen

Endret av Montag
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Storbritannias farligste fange? Eneste han ser ut til å ha gjort er å tatt noen gisler og drevet med litt selvskading. Fyren framstår som en gjøk, basert på innlegget over.

At han er en gjøk (og det må man vel kunne si at han er), betyr ikke at filmen ikke kan være underholdende...

Edit: Feil av meg i førsteinnlegget - han omtales ikke som Storbritannias farligste, men dets voldeligste fange.

Slik ser han forresten ut i virkeligheten:

0000kg6.th.jpg

Endret av Montag
Lenke til kommentar
  • 1 måned senere...

Filmen har vakt sterke reaksjoner for å glorifisere Bronson. Det er særlig Bronsons tidligere kunstterapaut som reagerer sterkt på filmen. I 1999 ble han tatt som gissel av Bronson og ført rundt i fengslet som en bikkje i 44 timer, hele tiden i frykt for å bli drept av Bronson.

Den tidligere terapauten sier bl.a. dette: Making a movie of his life just glorifies what he did. It makes me feel sick. I went through hell. I have nightmares, suffered post traumatic stress, had three nervous breakdowns and have never worked since.

Hva sier så Bronson: I'm proud of this film. See you at the Oscars.

Hmmmmmmm....

KILDE

Endret av Montag
Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 måneder senere...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...