Gå til innhold

DRM tale gitt til Microsoft Research

Anbefalte innlegg

hva betyr DRM?..... "Digital Rights Management" altså kopibeskyttelse

Denne talen ble gitt til Microsoft's Research Group og andre intresserte, på et intern seminar tidligere i år

-ja det er nok ikke akkurat "breaking news", men intressant likevel?

kjapt utdrag:

If someone wants to copy video or audio, and they are foiled by copy protection, what do they do?

They either (1) give up and live with it, or

(2) find out if there's a way around it.

The more frequently they encounter blockage due to protection, the more they lean toward (2). As DRM becomes more pervasive, there is a greater chance of a casual acquaintance telling them about a work-around. If someone isn't able to legitimately copy their own music for their own use, and they discover a way to bypass the protection to allow this, what's stopping them from going that one step further into the grey area of illegal downloads?

It is likely that more DRM will actually lead to MORE piracy, not the reverse.

:yes: : disable Auto run Her er en liten register work-around, dobbelklikk, og restart (for de som ikke gidder å tråle seg ned i REGISTERET) evt. shift knappen når man setter inn cd'n (disable autorun). funker forbausende bra ennå

:( :RCA metoden: the way RCA and SunnComn want you to listen to music is pretty complicated, you’d need to insert the CD on your PC, wait up to one minute, click an end user agreement, then only “listen” to the music, oh- wait there is more- it installs software which blocks making MP3s and it requires a web connection to exchange “data” and keys. On the disc there are music files, WMA, but they don’t seem to play on any device we have which plays WMAs, the site says only “approved” devices, yikes!

skikkelig brukervennlig.

klippet og limt fra en artikkel i endgadget.com

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...