Gå til innhold

AMD 64 boot-problemer? Game crashing?

TriGem

Anbefalte innlegg

Kom over denne posten på AMD sitt forum:

Tenkte det kunne være greit å dele med andre som har samme problem.

I've been browsing the forums for a couple weeks now. I have seen many complaints, a few which appear over and over again. Please take the time to read what I have to say, before you start a new thread. Also, if you take the time to read this post, please keep it bumped, as it will only help people if it is near the top of the forum.

Issue #1

My PC won't POST (boot up).

Most probable cause to this is you have not plugged in the 4-pin (12V) power connector to your mother board. I have seen thread after thread regaurding this exact issue. You must have a power supply that supports this feature, I do suggest atleast a 350W power supply, and one from a major manufacturer, like Antec.

Now, assuming that you have all connections correctly installed, and you are still having boot problems, there are a host of reasons why it is not working. At this point, I could write a small novel on probable causes and solutions. Please contact your system retailer for advice and/or service.

Issue #2

My system will boot normal. My OS including all non-game programs function properly. When I play a game, any game, the program will crash/drop to desktop randomly.

Ok, I have personaly talked to AMD on this issue. They explained that the "actuall" problem is a voltage regulation issue between the memory controller on the CPU, and the actual DIMM slot. Thus high speed RAM will have instability issues. When I say high speed, I mean DDR400+.

AMD did acknowledge that this is a problem, although they have yet to find a solid solution for this issue. There are a couple of solutions that can help reroute (not a true fix) this. First, and most simple is changing the clock ratio on your RAM to change the mhz at which it runs. DDR333 seems to work perfectly, whether it is a DDR400 chip lowered down, or a true DDR333 chip (I've tried both). Second is to watch for BIOS updates for your MB that will provide better voltage regulation for your DIMM slot, and aleviate this problem at its source. Third, and most complicated, is to relax the timing settings on your RAM. This involves raising the clock cycles on your tRAS and increasing your CAS Latency. Doing this lowers the amount of voltage that your RAM actually needs to run, thus, rerouting to avoid this problem.

-

If you have seen any other very common problems, and you have a solution, please post them on this thread. I hope this helps everyone.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...