Gå til innhold

R520 FuDo to have 16 pipes, however...

KimmiK

Anbefalte innlegg

Det er en del eventer fremover nå og jeg tipper på ATi Game Developer Conference Sep. 6-7. R520XT er dog sagt å komme noe senere.

Inquirer sier begynnelsen av oktober for R520, tviler på at vi ser noe i september, fordi det hadde garantert lekket ut noen flere detaljerte specs. og benchmarks da. Som jeg har sagt før så bekymrer det meg litt på ATi sine vegne at vi ikke har sett noen benchmarks hvor R520 har "knust" G70 enda...

The cards are floating around and ATI could paper launch them even now but would not be able to ship it until the first days of October.

Det tyder vel kanskje på at det kanskje blir ganske likt denne gangen også!

Fra samme artikkel som trådstarter har quota fra:

The performance will be very close to existing 7800 GTX but we don’t know weather will R520 end up faster or slower than this Nvidia flagship card. However it turns out it will be close, very close.

Noe som er meget skuffende sett ut ifra at i oktober har 7800GTX vært på markedet i 4 månder...

I don’t think that you will be able to buy R520 master cards at this time but those will follow in a few weeks time after the normal ones.

Crossfire er jo et kapittel for seg selv... Lurer på når det kommer til Norge jeg, ATi sitt store problem her kommer til å bli hovedkort på AMD platformen. På kort med to PCIe x16 på AMD platformen er det nettopp nVidia som har nesten 100% av markedet

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
From a TD Newcrest report...

The problem:

1. Late September Launch Date Set for Three R500 Desktop Discrete Chips (R520, RV530, and RV515): Addressing the rampant rumours surrounding the R520 launch date, ATI stated its plan of record is to launch all three 90nm R500 desktop discrete chips (the enthusiast R520, the performance RV530, and the value RV515) in late September. The shipment dates will likely be staggered for the three chips, based on the delivery cycles from TSMC, with one likely shipping at launch date and the other two within the first half of October. The R520 was originally planned for a June launch, while the RV530 and RV515 launch times are only a few weeks delayed from their original schedule. The R520 had been sampling since Dec/04, and although the architecture and 90nm process were not a problem, ATI was not able to run the clock fast enough due to a “soft ground” issue that was discovered in late July after debugging with several re-spins. Specifically, the R520 and RV530 had functional yields, but could not run at high speeds.

So, something that was common to RV530 and R520, but no RV515 and Xenos caused the issue. I once said it related to the memory bus, I think may have been correct...

Ongoing...

We do not expect ATI to launch its R580 (speculated to have 32 pixel pipelines) in C2005 (ATI does not want to stall the channel for the R520), and expect a refresh of the R500 family beginning in spring 2006 with RV560, followed by RV540 and RV505. We expect the R600 (DirectX 10, targeting Microsoft Vista operating system and WGF 2.0, the next generation graphics library) in Q4/F06 or Q1/F07.

So, along with R580 we now have RV560, RV540 and RV505 on the roadmap - start speculating the configs of those! ;)

Bear in mind that the report is based on direct conversations with Orton mixed in with speculative commentry based on some of the statements and the analysts own assumptions - there is likely to be a lot of "safe harbour" caveats in any of the information Orton is giving in light of the current issues they have experience with the R520 generation and the Class Action suits being put forth at the moment. So, chip names I would say would have come directly from Orton, anything with dates (especially that far out) he would have probably suggested a vague range and the rest is the analysts guess.

Flere interesante utklipp fra den rapporten:

ATI concedes it has lost the OEM designs (primarily Dell) to NVIDIA’s GeForce 7800 GTX for enthusiast desktop PCs for both the back-to-school and holiday season, but believes the retail and channel (add-in-board) markets for the R520 chip remain available (representing over 2/3rds of the enthusiast market).

ATI believes the R520 should exceed the GeForce 7800 GTX in benchmark tests if it can get the proper clock speed, but recognizes that NVIDIA has some headroom to overclock the GeForce 7800 clock speeds.

Lenke til kommentar
Vi vet ikke noe om komposisjonen av "pipelinene", noe som er ganske avgjørene. Det er ikke slik at 24 pipelines automatisk er bedre enn 16 når man sammenligner forskjellige arkitekturer. Men når det er sagt tror jeg det er heller R580 nVidia burde være beskymret for.

hehe når ati endelig får rumpa i gir og lanserer r580 så har nvidia for lengst lansert en ny serie grafikk kort. ati lager like bra kort som nvidia, men de klarer jo ikke å levere, så da er de ute av kampen.

Lenke til kommentar

Vi må ikke glemme at disse high-end korta krever en rask CPU for å yte bra. Så selv om R520 er la oss si 20% raskere enn 7800GTX, så har det lite å si. Du må spille i minimum 1600x1200 oppløsning for at man i det hele tatt skal se forskjell antar jeg da. Kanskje enda høyere oppløsning også. Raskere CPU'er trenger vi mer nå om dagen virker det ut som :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar
Når spillene begynner å ta bedre bruk av pixel shaders vil skjermkortet fort bli den begrensene faktoren.

Jepp!

F.E.A.R er et eksempel på et spill som kommer til å tyne kortene ganske mye!

Men jeg tipper også at ytelsen på R520 og G70 kommer til å bli ganske lik, R580 og nVidia sin 90nm refresh av G70 blir spennende å se hva klarer når de kommer! :yes:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...