Gå til innhold

synest denne er viktig at alle får med seg.

NothgaliC

Anbefalte innlegg

My neighbor Scott and I sometimes stand out front on the sidewalk talking. Most of the time, it is idle chit-chat about what's going on in our lives. Sometimes, we discuss personal information, but not regularly.

Not long ago, a new neighbor moved in. His name is Mike. We saw his moving van and, as he was walking in one day, we greeted him cordially. He seemed nice enough.

Later, we'd see him sitting on his porch or trimming his lawn with one of those old fashioned hand trimmers. We knew he was listening in on our conversation, but we didn't care. We weren't discussing family secrets or anything. Once in a while, when we were standing there talking, I swear I've heard him giggle. It's all good.

Eventually, he approached us during one of our conversations. He introduced himself and explained that he'd really like to particpate in our chats. He even made reference to one of our pseudo-inside jokes. I don't think he fully understood it, but he made an effort. He even bought us some pizza that first night. Our new neighbor is funny, bright and dresses nice (not that there is anything wrong with that). Now, sometimes, we'll chat with eachother without Scott and I've seen he and Scott chatting without me. It's fun having another person that shares our lives.

CONTRAST

My neighbor Scott and I sometimes stand out front on the sidewalk talking. Most of the time, it is idle chit-chat about what's going on in our lives. Sometimes, we discuss personal information, but not regularly.

Not long ago, a new neighbor moved in. His name is Dick. We saw his moving van and as he was walking in one day, we greeted him cordially. He walked right up to us and started handing us pictures of his x-girlfriend in various stages of undress. He grabbed a piece of pizza from the box without asking. He even picked up my open beer bottle (Sam Adams) and took a drink. Disgusting.

He told us that he would be joining us every day for our conversations whether we liked it or not. He brings nothing to the conversation. He interrupts us to tell us about his anal fissure. He smells like fish and he always stands down-wind.

MORAL

This forum is a lot like the sidewalk in front of my house. Many people pass by. Some stop. If you decide to stop, don't be a Dick.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...