Gå til innhold

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40xx tråden

Nizzen

Anbefalte innlegg

ps5 skrev (19 timer siden):

3080 startet vel på ca halvparten i sin tid (8000 mener jeg å huske) så dette er en rimelig dramatisk prisutvikling.

3080 var også en nedkuttet GA102, ytelsesforskjellen var ca 10% i 3090s favør.

Denne gangen er 4080 basert på AD103 og AD104, avhengig av om du går for 16GB eller 12GB-varianten, mens AD102 er kun for 4090. Kommer nok et 4080 Ti til våren tipper jeg, sammen med et saftig priskutt på 4080.

Brikkestørrelsen på AD104 er forøvrig halvparten av AD102, og siden yields vil være langt bedre med en mindre brikke burde det være mye større prisforskjell enn det vi ser nå.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Common Questions about RTX 40 Series Power Supply Compatibility
Do I need to upgrade my PSU for the RTX 40 Series?

The RTX 40 Series doesn’t require a new power supply if you already meet the PSU wattage recommendations. The RTX 4090 TGP is 450 W and the minimum recommended PSU is 850 W. The 4080 16GB TGP is 320 W with a minimum recommended power supply of 750W, and the minimum recommended power supply for the 4080 12GB is 700W.

How do GeForce RTX 4090 and 4080 power requirements compare to last generation?

The power requirements have stayed the same or reduced while delivering substantially more performance. RTX 4090 draws the same power as RTX 3090 Ti, the RTX 4080 16GB draws 30W less than RTX 3080 Ti, and the RTX 4080 12GB draws 65W less power than RTX 3080 12GB.

Do the RTX 40 Series cards require a new type of power connector or a new power cable?

No. The RTX 40 Series cards come with power adapters that allow you to use existing power supplies with existing 8-pin PCIe connectors. The RTX 40 Series cards can also use the PCIe Gen5 power connector which allows you to power the graphics card with a single cable.

If the RTX 40 Series cards can use the existing connectors and power supplies, then why change to a new connector standard?

The PCIe Gen5 power connector is the new standard for PCIe add-in-card power. The standard allows you to power the graphics card with a single cable, which simplifies cable routing and improves airflow inside the chassis, among other benefits.

PCI-SIG warned of potential overcurrent/overpower risk with 12VHPWR connectors using non-ATX 3.0 PSU & Gen 5 adapter plugs. Why did PCI-SIG issue the warning and how does this affect NVIDIA’s new products?

It does not affect NVIDIA’s new products. During early development and testing we identified a potential issue with a prototype connector manufactured from a sole supplier. As a PCI-SIG member, we informed the supplier, asked them to fix it (which they did), and shared our findings to help suppliers who are implementing the new standard. The PCI-SIG was passing along those learnings to other suppliers.

Why is there only a 30 cycle lifetime on these new PCIe Gen 5 connectors?

The 30 cycle spec is the same as it’s been for the last 20+ years on existing PCIe/ATX 8pin connectors, and has not changed with the PCIe Gen5 connectors or power adapters.

Are the RTX 40 Series Adapters “smart” enough to interface with a ATX 2.0 PSU and appropriately regulate the power to the GPU?

Yes. The adapter has active circuits inside that translate the 8-pin plug status to the correct sideband signals according to the PCIe Gen 5 (ATX 3.0) spec.

What’s a ‘smart’ power adapter?

The adapter has an active circuit that detects and reports the power capacity to the graphics card based on the number of 8-pin connectors plugged in. This enables the RTX 4090 to increase the power headroom for overclocking when 4x 8-pin connectors are used versus 3x 8-pin connectors.

If I bend the RTX 40 Series adapter will it cause issues with the connection between my PSU and GPU?

The adapter has been proven to work in a wide variety of conditions. Please follow our compatibility diagram: plan a minimum of 1.4” or 36mm clearance above the top of the graphics card for cable bend and airflow clearance.

Should I be concerned if my PSU only has one power rail available to connect my graphics card (i.e. only have 1 power connection available)?

Please connect the original power supply output connectors and cables directly to the included power adapter. Power supplies typically only supply up to 2x 8pin PCIe connectors per output cable. RTX 4090 and RTX 4080 16GB require at least 3x 8pin PCIe connectors or a 450W or greater PCIe Gen 5 connector.

Nvidia explains PSU requirements for GeForce RTX 40 series GPU Nvidia explains PSU requirements for GeForce RTX 40 series GPU

• Innsiktsfullt 1
Lenke til kommentar
ticx skrev (19 timer siden):

Tipper de har founders edition, Nvidia vektlegger design over kjøling på sine modeller

Det stemmer ikke helt. 3080 FE var varm og bråkete, 3090 FE var ikke det, og var blant de beste sett opp mot tredjepartskortene. Det var dog en del å hente på å bytte pads på minnet.

3090 FE er et massivt kort, har et selv og det ligger på 60c under spilling.

Endret av _R2D2_
Lenke til kommentar
9 hours ago, chrisf said:

Hva synes folk om Corsair sin HX1500i PSU for 4090? Jeg hadde vurdert å kjøpe Asus thor 1200w, men nå tenker jeg kanskje at Corsair sin PSU kan være et bedre valg. Hva synes dere?

Har hatt Corsair i mange år, men har nå Asus Thor pga det var på tilbud da jeg kjøpte i fjor. Begge er nok supre PSUer. Men ville vurdert nå å vente til det kommer PCI5 PSUer, eller hva de heter.

Lenke til kommentar

Skal man ha psu nå vent til atx3 enhetene er i butikk. Når det er sagt har man nylig handlet en god psu så er det ikke grunn til å kvitte seg med dem, det finnes og vil finnes adaptere for komponenter som nye grafikkort. Handlet en seasonic tx1000 for to år siden og skal nok ha den gående de neste ti år og.

Lenke til kommentar
BadCat skrev (41 minutter siden):

Har de løyet? Hvis de sier at kortet er 36 cm, forventer jeg minst det og ikke 35,7 cm. :p

Ja regner med at man må legge på litt for sikkerhetens skyld.. men for en monsta kort. Sto ingenting om hvor mye den veier.

Endret av koford
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...