Gå til innhold

Any English speeking mechanics out there?

msta999

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Thanks! That was helpful, I did a search using that and it did come up with some info.

Does Norway consider Mechanics, carpenters, plumbers to be in the Trades, like here in America? I seen Norway list a nurse as being in the trades, but here it is more of a professional training.

Lenke til kommentar

Yes.

I'm sure some chooses to specialize and continue to study after they get their trade certificate as a skilled mechanic. Especially these days where more and more electric cars get on the road :)

Btw. while unions is a dirty word in the states, not so much here. So you should look into becoming a member of a union if you move to Norway. Some unions offer quite good insurances for their members, like travel insurance and home contents insurance.

Example of one union. The site is in English ;)
https://www.fellesforbundet.no/en/

Lenke til kommentar
msta999 skrev (4 timer siden):

Thanks! That was helpful, I did a search using that and it did come up with some info.

Does Norway consider Mechanics, carpenters, plumbers to be in the Trades, like here in America? I seen Norway list a nurse as being in the trades, but here it is more of a professional training.

Some americans have found a way around restrictive immigration  policies by exploiting their ancestry.  Sometimes close european relatives can  allow you to obtain a european passport and then use that passport to work around Europe with countries that have agreements.  I had this option because my grandfather was a British citizen.  If you are a first or second generation american, (or as the norwegians say - first or second generation immigrant), you might have a shot.

https://www.sovereignman.com/lifestyle-design/3-ways-to-get-a-european-passport-17283/#:~:text=You may be eligible for,commonplace across most of Europe.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
26 minutes ago, jjkoggan said:

Some americans have found a way around restrictive immigration  policies by exploiting their ancestry.  Sometimes close european relatives can  allow you to obtain a european passport and then use that passport to work around Europe with countries that have agreements.  I had this option because my grandfather was a British citizen.  If you are a first or second generation american, (or as the norwegians say - first or second generation immigrant), you might have a shot.

https://www.sovereignman.com/lifestyle-design/3-ways-to-get-a-european-passport-17283/#:~:text=You may be eligible for,commonplace across most of Europe.

Thanks, I looked into that, but I am a 3rd generation born in the US.....didn't look like I qualify for that....Is Ireland part of the EU? My wife is German/Irish, I'll have to check with her side.

Lenke til kommentar
msta999 skrev (2 minutter siden):

Thanks, I looked into that, but I am a 3rd generation born in the US.....didn't look like I qualify for that....Is Ireland part of the EU? My wife is German/Irish, I'll have to check with her side.

Yes, Irland is in the EU and caused many Brexit problems. Norway is not in the EU

Lenke til kommentar
  • 10 måneder senere...

Back in June, I spent a week in  Molde and loved it! Got to meet some family I have never even heard of, before. I did see an American car dealer (used) and a John Deere dealer, so there may be some hope. I did submit some resumes through the finn.no site, a couple said they couldn't use me, I'm waiting to hear from some of the other.

Lenke til kommentar

I have been working in Fleet companies the last 14 years. Perform services on cars, pickups, Heavy trucks, trailer, generators, compactors, excavators, dozers, backhoes……..construction equipment, manlifts, diggers. Brakes, steering/suspension, cooling systems, seals,  transmisions, differentials, electrical. Upfit new vehicles and equipment with strobe lights, work light, drive lights, etc….remove back seats in pickups, build and install wood platform and shelves, weld/fabricate…….I could send a resume. Some traveling is good, but I am married and will probably need to be home most nights.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...
On 10/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, Uderzo said:

Yes.

I'm sure some chooses to specialize and continue to study after they get their trade certificate as a skilled mechanic. Especially these days where more and more electric cars get on the road :)

Btw. while unions is a dirty word in the states, not so much here. So you should look into becoming a member of a union if you move to Norway. Some unions offer quite good insurances for their members, like travel insurance and home contents insurance.

Example of one union. The site is in English ;)
https://www.fellesforbundet.no/en/

I sent this union an email to see if they could help me out, with finding a job. Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...