Gå til innhold

Hi, this is my throwaway account. By the way, what to expect when stepping off the plane?

Anbefalte innlegg

If I plan to post anything that could be seen as even a little controversial, I'll use this throwaway account.

Where's a good subforum on here for future vacationers planning a pleasure trip to Norway? I can't read most words here yet so I have a hard time navigating the forum, but I'm quite interested in learning about and visiting Norway someday.

So what should I expect at the arrival gate as soon as I'm off the plane? Will I be interviewed? Will I be checked against an interpol or PST file database? What all happens right when I enter the airport from there? If interviewed, what will the questions be?

How often do package group tours of the country start, and where do I meet up with the tour group? Will part of the group itinerary also include a visit to Utøya? Or will I need to visit there myself? What will the tour at Utøya be like?

Will I get to tour your prisons? Do they offer tours? Does Halden offer tours?

I hope to someday pursue grad studies at the University of Oslo. Does the university offer tours as well?

I'll probably get off at Oslo, but Bergen is a smaller possibility.

When I'm more financially strong, and save up 100,000 NOK (approximately), I'll book a trip. Will that be enough $ to last a full 2-3 weeks?

And is there a subforum category better suited to this travel topic?

Endret av AThrowaway
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Tusen takk for the links, Koots. I'll paste most of the topic to that section now.

I know the site's rules say "eller engelsk" so English is also allowed anywhere on the forum, much to my relief.

However, this forum is making me learn new Norsk words too so tusen takk for that as well.

Lenke til kommentar

Some answers:

1. What happens when you arrive depends a bit on where you are arriving from. But your passport will probably be inspected, and almost certainly checked against all relevant databases. You probably will not be interviewed, if your papers are in order. Going through customs you might be selected for a closer inspection, in which case they will inspect your luggage and ask you questions about the contents, your plans in Norway, etc. It's pretty standard stuff.

2. I see Utøya organizes tours with a minimum of 30 people, so going there by yourself won't work. Halden prison does not have tours, as far as I can see.

3. 100k NOK should be *plenty* for three weeks, if it's just you and you don't go absolutely crazy with the spending. A good hotel is like 800-1500 NOK per night. A drink at a bar is like 100-150 NOK (though it's been a while since last i hit the town). Dinner at a restaurant is like 500-1000 NOK. There are cheaper options, as well as more expensive options, of course. Like if you get a hotel room with a microwave/kitchenette, you can get a decent microwave dinner for 75 NOK.

Endret av Espen Hugaas Andersen
Lenke til kommentar

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...