Gå til innhold

Engelsk Tentamen 2020

Radle

Anbefalte innlegg

The bombing changed my life

In 2011, the war in Syria started. Me and my family left our neighborhood in Aleppo for another we thought was safe. However, a bomb hit the shop where my dad worked he died. We spent two years mourning. There was not much joy left in our lives. 

My mother was strong she made us feel like life could be normal again, and that there is hope in the world. She took us to an area, which was safer. We stayed there for a year. I liked the new place we moved to. There were a strong sense of community and the people living there was united. You would feel as comfortable out on the streets as in your own home. 

I found pictures of me and my father and then I started to think about all the memories we had together. I consider our time together to be the best time of my life. I remember one time during the month of Ramadan- after iftar. My dad decided to taka us on a road trip. He took us to an amusement park, and we had such a good time. 

On the way to the park, he opened the cars rooftop and my sister, and I stuck our heads out of the window

Everything changed 

My younger sister Dina was playing with her friend out on the streets, just in front of my aunts’ house. I was in our house alone. My mother was having coffee at our neighbors’ house and my brothers were out playing with my friends 

Military planes flew over the city and started bombing us

When the bombing happened, I passed out because a car came over me. A man pulled me out, and when I woke up, everything had changed. My whole city was destroyed 

I went running to look for my mother, and I found her and my two brothers. My mother started screaming and went looking for my sister. I was told to stay behind.

A second bombing killed my mother, along with my sister, who was only in first grade. At 11pm we found my third brother alive. 

My mother was a strong woman. She mourned my father death for three years, but people told her that it is a long time to mourn. So, she stopped wearing black and started wearing brighter clothes. But then she was killed.

My way to freedom 

When my mother and sister died, my brothers in I stayed at my uncle’s house for a month. After that, my grandparents asked us to stay with them.  

I could not bear to stay in Syria anymore. It kept reminding me of what I lost-it drove me crazy. My brothers and I chose to leave Syria all together. We made the journey to Jordan alone. We walked to the “no man’s land” between Syria and Jordan.

During our journey, we were supporting each other. My oldest brother Ahmad (22), and I took care of our younger brothers Abdullah and Amin (12). My brothers are all traumatized about everything that happened in Syria, and they can not handle too much pressure. They are not easy to deal with, but they are my brothers, so I need to care for them. 

The “no man’s land” is not a nice place. It is a vast dessert with so much sand and many tents. It looked like half of Syria was there. Once we arrived, I went to the guards an told that that we were alone. They looked at our papers, then at us, and immediately let us cross the border inn to Jordan. 

There was an officer there who was very kind to us. I will never forget his kindness! He gave my brother and I clothes, food and money, and found us a nice place to stay with very nice people. He told us that we will be going to a better place tomorrow, and it was true. 

The reunion 

After living six months in Jordan with a nice family, we were able to stay with our grandparents. They told us that we would be moving to Norway a nicer place. I had mixed feelings. I was both happy and sad. 

The first month in Norway I was feeling uncomfortable. I kept thinking that I will never se my mothers grave again. Sometimes my brothers started fighting. I do not like that. I do not want us to be source of noise in the house. I keep telling them that everything can be solved peacefully but, you know, they are boys, they want to shove their muscles. 

I am relived that my brothers and I are safe, but I miss my family. We left behind so many memories. We left behind a life and country. And the hardest of all was to lose my parents.  

But I have my dreams. There are still hope for me to live a good life with an education. My wish is for my mother and father to be proud of me. 

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...