Gå til innhold

Er T-We uvanlig sær på HDMI-splittere?

Anbefalte innlegg

Jeg har kjørt den nest siste Canal Digital-tuneren (før Android) fram til nå med en HDMI-splitter som støtter 1080p og 3D, uten problemer. Men den nye T-We-boksen min (jeg ble påtvunget den, for det første året var det dyrere å ha bare fibernett uten tv...) nekter å funke med den. Er T-We uvanlig sær på sånt? Jeg trodde at alt som funket på HDCP, burde funke med alt annet på HDCP for å sikre bakoverkompatibilitet.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

TeWe boks II

• 1000 GB harddisk, ca 200 timer opptak  i HD kvalitet (krever T-We Boks II med opptaker)
  • Inntil 3 samtidige opptak i tillegg til live TV (krever T-We Boks II med opptaker)
  • 4K-oppløsning inkludert HDR    
  • Elektronisk programguide (EPG)         
  • Dolby Digital Plus     
  • HDMI v2.2
  • Optisk digital lydutgang (TOSLINK S/PDIF)     
  • Digitale radiokanaler    
  • Størrelse: 220x190x62.5 mm (BxDxH)
Lenke til kommentar
On 7/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, Kjell Olaf Winther said:

Den nye boksen støtter vel 4K....og vil vel ha HDCP 2.2

Kreves kun HDCP 2.2 når 4K skal benyttes. Kjører man 1080p, er det normalt sett bare krav om 1.4. Ellers ville det jo ikke fungert med de fleste TV-er eldre enn 3-4 år. Og selv i dag selges det jo tv-er uten HDCP 2.2-støtte.

Lenke til kommentar

Nei, problemet oppto med en splitter mellom dekoder og receiver. En splitter som er flere år nyere enn receiveren. Jeg kjører dekoderen inn i en Onkyo TX-NR1010, som er fra rundt 2012. Men den receiveren støtter faktisk 2.2. Og jeg har vært i menyen og så som sagt ikke noe om 4K, bare 1080p.

Lenke til kommentar
On 7/10/2020 at 7:59 AM, Mastiff said:

Nei, problemet oppto med en splitter mellom dekoder og receiver. En splitter som er flere år nyere enn receiveren. Jeg kjører dekoderen inn i en Onkyo TX-NR1010, som er fra rundt 2012. Men den receiveren støtter faktisk 2.2. Og jeg har vært i menyen og så som sagt ikke noe om 4K, bare 1080p.

En receiver fra 2012 som støtter HDCP 2.2? Mener å huske HDCP 2.2 kom i 2013. Selv har jeg en Yamaha-receiver fra 2014, som støtter HDCP 2.2, men som ikke støtter HDMI 2.0 - er dermed begrenset til 1080p (evt. 4K@25/30bps for enheter som støtter det).

Du har TV og andre HDMI-legg som støtter HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2? Hvis ikke blir man begrenset til 1080p.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 8 måneder senere...

Hello Guys,

Sorry my Norwegian is not the best, so if you don't mind we can take this in English.

I have yesterday received my new t-we 2 box, but as someone mentioned above I get no picture on my TV if connected through my Pioneer receiver.  If I connect the t-we box straight to the TV I get perfect picture. The old box was and still is working fine.

TV: Pioneer KRP500M

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-531D

I have done a fair bit of troubleshooting but just cant get my head around it. The resolution is set to 1080P on the new and old box. I have swapped out all the cables but makes no difference. If I power cycle the t-we box I then get picture on the TV briefly while it starts up, but once its fully booted up, the picture disappears. I am not using any splitters. I can hear sound no problem.

Has anyone managed to solve this? Would really appreciate any help.

Lenke til kommentar

In 2016 HDCP 2.2 was introduced on 4K TVs together with HDR/Dolby Vision and Deep Colour.

And on receivers.

HDCP 2.2 is copy protection for 4K content.
So your new T-we box support 4K, your receiver support 4K and HDCP 2.2.

But your old TV does not. That’s why you get a picture when the box is connected directly to the TV, and not through the receiver.
Easy solution is box into the TV, and sound through optical cable to the receiver.

Endret av Kjell Olaf Winther
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
7 hours ago, Kjell Olaf Winther said:

In 2016 HDCP 2.2 was introduced on 4K TVs together with HDR/Dolby Vision and Deep Colour.

And on receivers.

But your old TV does not. That’s why you get a picture when the box is connected directly to the TV, and not through the receiver.
Easy solution is box into the TV, and sound through optical cable to the receiver.

Or its an excuse to buy a new TV 😊

Thanks for the reply Kjell, really appreciate it.

Endret av Noni
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
7 hours ago, Kjell Olaf Winther said:

And on receivers.

Should be able to limit the output from the decoder to 1080. Could be that you can do this in the menus while it is connected directly to the TV or use the remote: Yellow-button followed by 5 to set it to 1080p: https://www.telenor.no/privat/kundeservice/tvhjelp/tv-signal/hdcp-hdmi-off/

Lenke til kommentar
4 minutes ago, NULL said:

Should be able to limit the output from the decoder to 1080. Could be that you can do this in the menus while it is connected directly to the TV or use the remote: Yellow-button followed by 5 to set it to 1080p: https://www.telenor.no/privat/kundeservice/tvhjelp/tv-signal/hdcp-hdmi-off/

Hey Null,

I already did that as part of my troubleshooting.

As Kjell explained the issue is that my old KRP500M does not support HDCP 2.2.

@Kjell Olaf Winther  If my TV does not support HDCP 2.2 then why does it work when the box is connected directly to the TV?

Lenke til kommentar
1 minute ago, Noni said:

Hey Null,

I already did that as part of my troubleshooting.

As Kjell explained the issue is that my old KRP500M does not support HDCP 2.2.

@Kjell Olaf Winther  If my TV does not support HDCP 2.2 then why does it work when the box is connected directly to the TV?

Should not matter if the TV don't support HDCP 2.2. When switching down to 1080, HDCP 1.x i used. I think maybe HDCP is disabled  completely if you go down to 576-resolution. 

But my guess is that if you set in manually to 1080 while connected to the TV, it will do a complete reinitialization of the resolution/hdcp-setup based on the new HDMI EDID-information received when it is connected to the receiver afterwards. So while the screen is black, try using the keys on the remote. Remember, it is Yellow followed by the digit. Do not hold hold Yellow while pressing the digit.

Lenke til kommentar
11 minutes ago, NULL said:

Should not matter if the TV don't support HDCP 2.2. When switching down to 1080, HDCP 1.x i used. I think maybe HDCP is disabled  completely if you go down to 576-resolution. 

But my guess is that if you set in manually to 1080 while connected to the TV, it will do a complete reinitialization of the resolution/hdcp-setup based on the new HDMI EDID-information received when it is connected to the receiver afterwards. So while the screen is black, try using the keys on the remote. Remember, it is Yellow followed by the digit. Do not hold hold Yellow while pressing the digit.

Hey Null,

Tried that, tried all the resolutions, still the same issue.

Lenke til kommentar

Had the same issue on my old TV which had no support for HDCP 2.2.

The reason is that the link between the T-We boks and reciever activates the HDCP 2.2 chain, and since that signal is sent to the TV, the result is a black screen due to the mentioned HDCP 2.2 signal. As long as the first entity on the "chain" registers as having support for 4k and thus the need for HDCP 2.2, the rest of the chain needs to support HDCP 2.2 to get the picture from the previous part of said chain.

Working fine when connected to the TV itself, as the "handshake" never sends any info that 4k/HDCP 2.2 is required.

Lenke til kommentar
2 minutes ago, horrorr said:

Had the same issue on my old TV which had no support for HDCP 2.2.

The reason is that the link between the T-We boks and reciever activates the HDCP 2.2 chain, and since that signal is sent to the TV, the result is a black screen due to the mentioned HDCP 2.2 signal. As long as the first entity on the "chain" registers as having support for 4k and thus the need for HDCP 2.2, the rest of the chain needs to support HDCP 2.2 to get the picture from the previous part of said chain.

Working fine when connected to the TV itself, as the "handshake" never sends any info that 4k/HDCP 2.2 is required.

Hey Horrorr,

I understand what you say but as @NULL mentioned above, when using the 1080P resolution then HDCP 1.X is used, which means the whole chain is then using 1.X, which in theory means I should see a picture, but unfortunately this is not the case.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...