Gå til innhold

Innlegg om alkoholholdige drikker, Engelsk - Svar om du vil

Taurean

Anbefalte innlegg

Hey people. What do you find to be the best alcoholic beverage to drink? Give your opinion on beer, wine, liquor and liqueur, and any other drink you might happen to adore. Don't hesitate to write any stories or opinions around alcohol or drinking either. Bring the -spirit- into it ^^ (Yes, i am a fan of Joey Ramone ^^)

My opinions:

Beer: In periods i might like to stick to beer. It keeps a steady, rising high throughout the evening. You have to urinate a lot. If you find a good beer, it really lifts the evening. Seems to make you fat ^^ A lot to process for the body. You don't tend to get the insane hangovers, it is tolerable the day after. I have tasted probably 50 different beers, and only two or three have impressed me enough to buy a whole keg of them. But there are so many different kinds of beer, so i recon people have to try them out and find out for themselves. I generally like beer with rich malty taste, not too sweet, not too bitter. Guinness i really like, if you get kegged, cold Guinness, it can make for a great evening. 

Wine: I generally like white wine with little added sugar and balanced fruitiness and natural sweetness. My personal favorite is Casas Patronales, Chilean white wine. I once drank a whole 3 liter carton of that stuff, that was damn awesome, especially in summer time when it's hot and you can travel around to beaches and such. The hangover can get quite bad, but it depends on how much and how the evening was.

Liquor: Probably everyone got the most experience with this: I have drunk my share of whisky or whiskey. My favorite drink that really gets me good and drunk is Grant's blended, mixed with Pepsi max and ice. You can mix this 50/50 or higher and it will still be good. Mix it lower if you feel like slowing down a bit. Jack Daniel's is good, but i don't know. I feel like it doesn't taste the same as it did 20 years ago. So i stick to my favorite; Grant's. If i was to recommend a single malt, Bowmore Islay Single Malt is a damn good one that i drank almost a bottle of at a ferry trip to Copenhagen ^^ That was a good trip. A good vodka can be good; Russian Standard, Platinum or Gold are good brands, the two latter taste really clean. Absinthe is something i really like, but it is dangerous stuff ^^ A few too many shots of those, and you'll go right to sleep and wake up with the worst hangover ever. Gin i bought once when i was 18 and i'll never buy it again ^^ Foul stuff!  The next on my list to taste when or if that time comes is Grappa. Rum i also like a lot - but it can get too sweet. You get sick after 6-7 drinks, even with ice. Mixed with Pepsi max (sugar free) it is tolerable, but i don't prefer it to whisky.

Liqueur: There was a period over about a year that i stuck to making drinks. I had a bit roomy economy for a while. Liqueur and drinks are the most expensive options, but can make for very tasty experiences, and it doesn't get dull so easily. I can name a wide array; Malibu (coconut), Midori (Melon), Disaronno (Almond), Cointreau (Orange, damn good this one), blueberry, pomegranate - can't remember or find the brand. And probably more that i have tasted and forgotten ^^

One that i have to mention by itself, is Amarula. This is an African liqueur made from the Amarula nut. Now, i have a special notice with this one. I have drunk this exclusively a few nights, with ice. It has some kind of weird power to it. I don't know how to explain it, but it seems to make you come out of yourself in a special way. As if there is an additional factor to it besides the alcohol. I have done some reading on the Amarula nut, and it seems it is the favorite food of the elephants. And elephants are extremely huge and vicious bastards. It seems to give you the power of the elephants ^^ xD This is just my ramblings. I dare you to test it out for yourselves. And i forgot to mention; It does taste really great. I can drink a whole bottle and more, granted, with ice, by itself. Just take it steady through the evening. Too much can be a bit too sweet and sickening, but it is surprisingly balanced.

Mixed: I can like drinking beer through an evening, and having a drink of something sweet at the side; Rum, and liqueur of a preferred kind. This can work extremely well. The sweetness of the liqueur balances the bitterness of the beer. If you manages to keep it balanced, though. Amarula also balances the beer out, somehow.

But of course, mixing wine, spirits and beer does -not- work to me. There must be a fine balance somewhere ^^

So that concludes my experience. I could have written hundreds of drunk stories by all these experiences ^^ I am a good guy though ^^ The worst thing i have done is to smack some guy in the face for ripping off my Ramones tag from my leather jacket in a effing food-queue for kebab ;) I hit him hard; He flew back and stumbled among chairs and tables .. But his mate hit me so hard in the face that i fell backwards on my ass, got a cut and bled like a sieve ^^ I suspect he must have been a boxer, he grabbed my shoulder, turned me around and hit me 0.2 seconds later. I was so drunk i don't remember anything else - It was good fun though ^^ No hard feelings ;) Shit happens when you're drunk! Forgive and forget.

I would like to give one final tip: I was on a cruise this summer. With a prepaid drink package, you get every drink that is below 15$ for free, which is about 80% of all drinks on the cruise. I got shots of a lot of different kind of liqueur, whisky and other stuff for free. This is a great way for someone that wants to expand their drinking palates and experiences for a cheap price. Not just to get as drunk as possible, but to explore the world of alcoholic beverages :) In my opinion, finding the kind of alcoholic beverage that fits oneself can be the difference of depression-drinking and party/happy-drinking. It is very important not to just get hang up on one thing, when there are -thousands- of different things to taste out there!

Alcohol is there to be enjoyed; If you utilize it correctly, it can enhance your life, just like it did to Lemmy and Motörhead. He accepted the risks, he got his penalty for it (heart failure), but he and we knew/know we are all going to die from something. The worst thing i can think of, is dying at your work desk, having worked your -whole- life, not even having lived even one evening. Having lived in a cage one's whole life. That is the worst thought to me. That is why i think alcohol should not be banned. Because it is rooted in psychology. But that is a different matter.

Rock and roll!

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

I prefer cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay. I've tried other types of wine, but these two are my favorites. 

I don't drink beer, because I hate every types I've tasted. However, funny thing, I do enjoy beer sauce and wine sauce..

I have abstained from alchoholic beverage the last years due to use of of cardiac medication, but I drink some of the non alchoholic versions of carbernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Opprett ny...