Gå til innhold

The Tremendous Trump Thread - Første periode (Les førstepost)

Anbefalte innlegg

Siste:

Washington Post melder i kveld at en gjennomgang av hundrevis av email hos juridisk råd i WH skal ha avdekket at det foregikk en omfattende innsats for å finne en plausibel gyldig grunn til Trumps tilbakeholdelse av støtte til Ukraina, i etterkant etter at midlene allerede var blitt tilbakeholdt av Trump.
Ifølge WaPo foregikk det interne diskusjoner om hvorvidt dette i det hele tatt var lovlig. Jurister i WH skal ha gitt uttrykk for bekymring for at gjennomgangen har avdekket utvekslinger som i beste fall ikke er flatterende for Trump, og opplysninger som minst ville sette presidenten i forlegenhet.
Deler av dette skal visstnok være dokumentasjon som ble forespurt av etterretningskommitéen ifbm. riksrettsgranskningen, men ble tilbakeholdt av WH, i likhet med en mengde annen dokumentasjon, og vitner som ble nektet å avgi forklaring.

White House review turns up emails showing extensive effort to justify Trump’s decision to block Ukraine military aid
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-review-turns-up-emails-showing-extensive-effort-to-justify-trumps-decision-to-block-ukraine-military-aid/2019/11/24/2121cf98-0d57-11ea-bd9d-c628fd48b3a0_story.html

Spoiler

"A confidential White House review of President Trump’s decision to place a hold on military aid to Ukraine has turned up hundreds of documents that reveal extensive efforts to generate an after-the-fact justification for the decision and a debate over whether the delay was legal, according to three people familiar with the records.

The research by the White House Counsel’s Office, which was triggered by a congressional impeachment inquiry announced in September, includes early August email exchanges between acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and White House budget officials seeking to provide an explanation for withholding the funds after President Trump had already ordered a hold in mid-July on the nearly $400 million in security assistance, according to the three people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal White House deliberations.

One person briefed on the records examination said White House lawyers are expressing concern that the review has turned up some unflattering exchanges and facts that could at a minimum embarrass the president. It’s unclear if the Mulvaney discussions or other records pose any legal problems for Trump in the impeachment inquiry, but some fear they could pose political problems if revealed publicly.

People familiar with the Office of Management and Budget’s handling of the holdup in aid acknowledged the internal discussions going on during August, but characterized the conversations as calm, routine and focused on the legal question of how to comply with the congressional Budget and Impoundment Act, which requires the executive branch to spend congressionally appropriated funds unless Congress agrees they can be rescinded.

“There was a legal consensus at every step of the way that the money could be withheld to conduct the policy review,” said OMB spokeswoman Rachel K. Semmel. “OMB works closely with agencies on executing the budget. Routine practices and procedures were followed, not scrambling.”

The hold on the military aid is at the heart of House Democrats’ investigation into whether the president should be removed from office for allegedly trying to pressure Ukraine into investigating his political rivals in exchange for the U.S. support that President Volodymyr Zelensky desperately wanted in the face of Russian military aggression.

In the early August email exchanges, Mulvaney asked acting Office of Management and Budget director Russell Vought for an update on the legal rationale for withholding the aid and how much longer it could be delayed. Trump had made the decision the prior month without an assessment of the reasoning or legal justification, according to two White House officials. Emails show Vought and OMB staffers arguing that withholding aid was legal, while officials at the National Security Council and State Department protested. OMB lawyers said that it was legal to withhold the aid, as long as they deemed it a “temporary” hold, according to people familiar with the review.

A senior budget lawyer crafted a memo on July 25 that defended the hold for at least a short period of time, an administration official said.

Mulvaney’s request for information came days after the White House Counsel’s Office was put on notice that an anonymous CIA official had made a complaint to the agency’s general counsel about Trump’s July 25 call to Zelensky during which he requested Ukraine investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, as well as an unfounded theory that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

This official would later file a whistleblower complaint with the intelligence community’s inspector general, which ignited the impeachment push when its existence became public.

The White House released the funds to Ukraine on Sept. 11. The timing has drawn scrutiny because it came two days after the House announced it was launching an inquiry into the whistleblower complaint, which raised concerns about the call and whether the president was using his public office for personal political gain.

Trump has acknowledged ordering the hold on military aid and also pressing Ukraine’s president to investigate his potential Democratic presidential opponent, Joe Biden, but said the release of the funds was not conditioned on Ukraine launching any investigations.

The office of White House Counsel Pat Cipollone oversaw the records review. The White House press office and the White House Counsel’s Office did not respond to requests for comment. Mulvaney’s lawyer, Robert Driscoll, declined to comment.

The document research has only exacerbated growing tension between Cipollone and Mulvaney and their offices, with Cipollone tightly controlling access to his findings, and Mulvaney’s aides complaining Cipollone isn’t briefing other White House officials or sharing important material they need to respond to public inquiries, according to people familiar with their relationship.

Mulvaney is a critical player in the Ukraine saga, as he has acknowledged that he asked OMB to block the release of congressionally-approved aid to Ukraine — at the president’s request — in early to mid-July of 2019.

The emails revealed by White House lawyers include some in which Mulvaney urges Vought to immediately focus on Ukraine’s aid package, making clear it was a top priority for the administration.

The legal office launched this fact-finding review of internal records in a protective mode, both to determine what the records might reveal about internal administration conversations and also to help the White House produce a timeline for defending Trump’s decision and his public comments. Along with examining documents, the review has also involved interviewing some key White House officials involved in handling Ukraine aid and dealing with complaints and concerns in the aftermath of the call between Trump and Zelensky.

Cipollone’s office has focused closely on correspondence that could be subject to public records requests, those which involve discussions between staff at the White House and at other agencies. Internal White House records are not subject to federal public records law but messages that include officials at federal agencies are.

Also included in the review are email conversations between OMB and State Department officials and others discussing why the White House was holding up nearly $400 million in military aid and whether the hold might violate the law, one person said. In December 2018, months before the Ukraine issue surfaced as a top priority for the president, the Government Accountability Office had warned OMB it was not following the law in how it chose to disburse and withhold congressionally-approved funds.

Cipollone has told House impeachment investigators that the White House will not cooperate in with the inquiry in any way, including by greenlighting witnesses or turning over documents.

While some officials from the departments of State and Defense have testified publicly about their concerns over whether the administration was seeking to leverage the aid and a White House visit for the political investigations, only one OMB official has appeared before the congressional committees.

Mark Sandy, a career OMB official, has testified that the decision to delay aid to Ukraine was highly unusual, and senior political appointees in his office wanted to be involved in reviewing the aid package. Sandy testified that he had never in his career seen a senior political OMB official assume control of a portfolio in such a fashion, according to the people familiar with his testimony.

Sandy told impeachment investigators he had questions about whether it was legal to withhold aid Congress had expressly authorized to help Ukraine defend itself from Russia, but OMB lawyers told him it was fine as long as they called it a “temporary” hold, according to a person familiar with Sandy’s account. Sandy, the deputy associate director for national security programs at OMB, signed formal letters to freeze the funds, but top political appointees were unable to provide him with an explanation for the delay.

Trump has continued to describe that impeachment investigation as a “hoax” and maintain that he did nothing wrong.

“This is a continuation of the witch hunt which has gone on from before I got elected,” he told Fox News Friday."

• Liker 5
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
debattklovn skrev (8 timer siden):

Hvis du bruker sunn fornuft så innser du at vi ikke har peiling på hvem det kan være. Du må gjerne gjette på hvem det er, men det er ikke mer enn ren synsing. 

Jo, det er jo faktisk det. Men forventer ikke at den største Trump-supporteren i denne tråden noen gang kan si noe negativt om den store lederen eller menigheten. 

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
4 hours ago, jallajall said:

Da tar du nok feil. Det var ikke Guardian atikellen jeg kommenterte (eller mer presist, videon som fremkommer lenger ned i artikkelen). Som nevnt så påpekte jeg at disse sitatene ikke var tatt het ut av det blå. At du mener dette er et "republican talking point" fordi jeg ikke opplyste om detaljer som tidspunktet for samtalen, hva samtalen egentlig handlet om, hvilke andre faktra som forelå da samtalen fant sted, vurderte andre for/mot argumenter som fremkom i vitneprovet - eller hva jeg nå egentlig burde ha gjort for at det ikke bare skulle være et republican talking point, tja synes jeg er helt greit egentlig. ;) Anyway jeg legger hvertfall ballen død for min del nå.

Du misforsto Guardian artikkelen hvis du mener det impliserte at Sitatene ble tatt helt ut av det blå, selv uten videoen 

Lenke til kommentar

Siste:

En føderal dommer i DC har i kveld bestemt at tidligere juridisk råd i WH, Don McGahn som er omtalt i Mueller-rapporten og har vært innkalt som vitne i kongressen, må stille opp og avgi forklaring. Med dette overstyrer den føderale dommeren i praksis Trump-administrasjonens påstander om "absolute immunity" hvor de hevder vitner ikke engang trenger å stille opp til sine innkallinger. 

Federal Judge Rules That McGahn Must Testify, Delivering Blow To White House
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/782705643/federal-judge-rules-that-mcgahn-must-testify-delivering-blow-to-white-house
"A federal judge in Washington has ruled that former White House counsel Don McGahn must testify to House impeachment investigators, despite orders from the Trump administration that he not cooperate with Congress."

Mer:

Spoiler

"The decision by U.S. District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson clears the way for McGahn's testimony sought by House Democrats in exploring Trump's possible obstruction of justice related to the Russia probe.

"This Court holds that Executive branch officials are not absolutely immune from compulsory congressional process—no matter how many times the Executive branch has asserted as much over the years—even if the President expressly directs such officials' non-compliance," Jackson wrote in her order on Monday."

- - -

Update:
Justisdept. har varslet at de anker kjennelsen, saken går dermed videre til apellretten. Dette skal ha vært et ventet utfall, så DoJ hadde anken klar. 

Endret av xRun
  • Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

Og relatert:

Tom Bowers, en av mennene i Deutsche Bank som sørget for å at Trump fikk lån i hundremillioner-dollar-klassen "da ingen andre ville gi ham lån" tok selvmord 19. november, 55 år gammel.
https://forensicnews.net/2019/11/27/deutsche-bank-executive-who-signed-off-on-trump-loans-kills-self-at-age-55/

Han skal være en av personene som kunne gi finansiell informasjon om pengestrømmen til flere store klienter, inkludert Trump, Kushner, samt milliardærer fra Ukraina som Bill Barr og co jobbet for, mens de også var Epstein sine advokater, før ansatte i Kirkland and Ellis ble Trump sin arbeidsminister, og Bill Barr justisminister.

Han døde av henging / kvelning, som Epstein.

---

In other news:

Konkrete beviser for at Trump og co tar USA i fascistisk og/eller rasistisk retning:

Lovforslag om krav til dokumentasjon av statsborgerskap kom som et resultat av et eksplisitt uttrykket ønske om å stoppe demokrat-vennlige minoriteter fra å ha muligheten til å stemme ved valg.

Tenk dere om et parti i Norge foretok undersøkelser for å finne måter de kunne hindre segmenter av den norske befolkningen fra å få muligheten til å stemme for å fremme oppslutningen til regjeringen ved neste valg -- og faktisk utførte lovforslag begrunnet med vikarierende argumenter -- og ble tatt med buksene nede og hele understellet innsmurt med vaselin, i et forsøk på å rævkjøre minoriteter blant norske statsborgere, i mørket.

Hele gjengen ville måtte gått på dagen;
Det ville vært politisk skandale, og øverste leder ville ikke fått jobbe i politikken noen gang igjen.

Men i statene lukker folk bare døren, og lar dem holde på..?!

Sitat

Newly released documents prove the U.S. Census Bureau under President Donald Trump was directly communicating with recently deceased GOP gerrymandering expert Thomas Hofeller–despite DOJ repeatedly saying that no proof of such association existed.

Hofeller infamously authored a 2015 study favoring a so-called “citizenship question” on the 2020 Census because it “would be advantageous to Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites” during upcoming redistricting battles in 2021 and beyond.

Newly released documents prove the U.S. Census Bureau under President Donald Trump was directly communicating with recently deceased GOP gerrymandering expert Thomas Hofeller–despite DOJ repeatedly saying that no proof of such association existed.

Hofeller infamously authored a 2015 study favoring a so-called “citizenship question” on the 2020 Census because it “would be advantageous to Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites” during upcoming redistricting battles in 2021 and beyond.

Hofeller’s conclusions were not subtle and were not missed by the incoming Trump administration and GOP operatives who aimed to use the Census as a political weapon in order to neutralize their non-white and Democratic Party-affiliated political enemies.

But the Trump administration frequently denied race had anything to do with their plans to diminish non-white Census respondents and enshrine the political power of conservative whites.

Bevisene viser at de lette etter unnskyldninger for å ha statsborgerskapsspørsmål i stemmeregistreringen, altså -- lette etter vikarierende argumenter for å ha spørsmålet med i stemmeregistreringen -- etter å ha besluttet at de faktisk skal prøve å presse spørsmålet med, fordi det er fordelaktig for republikanerene, og ikke av grunnene de faktisk ikke har kommet på enda.

Sitat

The newly public documents show Census Bureau official Christa Jones communicating with Commerce Department officials Michael Walsh and James Uthmeier as they piece together the false justification for the “citizenship question” in real-time.

The highly-redacted emails represent proof that Jones and at least two Commerce officials conspired to create a phony justification for including the question. Jones also communicates with multiple other Census Bureau personnel in service of drafting the faux-VRA concern.

“Attached is a draft of the decision memo,” Walsh writes in one email to Jones with the subject line “draft for your review.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/census-bureau-emails-prove-doj-repeatedly-lied-about-origins-of-citizenship-question/

Nå vet vi altså at Department of Justice løy om administrasjonens intensjoner -- og visste sannheten.

Endret av Red Frostraven
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
On 11/27/2019 at 9:43 PM, Red Frostraven said:

Konkrete beviser for at Trump og co tar USA i fascistisk og/eller rasistisk retning:

Lovforslag om krav til dokumentasjon av statsborgerskap kom som et resultat av et eksplisitt uttrykket ønske om å stoppe demokrat-vennlige minoriteter fra å ha muligheten til å stemme ved valg.

Gjelder dette bare for personer med en spesifikk hudkompleks? Ellers er det ikke rasistisk/fascistisk!
Det er stort sett det samme som at man trenger legitimasjon for å stemme i Norge. Er ingenting galt med det. 

Ser ut som at du ønsker at ikke-statsborgere skal få stemme. 

Lenke til kommentar
debattklovn skrev (1 time siden):

Gjelder dette bare for personer med en spesifikk hudkompleks? Ellers er det ikke rasistisk/fascistisk!
Det er stort sett det samme som at man trenger legitimasjon for å stemme i Norge. Er ingenting galt med det. 

Det blir i praksis rasistisk på grunn av demografi. 

Lenke til kommentar
debattklovn skrev (På 2.12.2019 den 12.44):

Du glemmer helt at dette i utgangspunktet handlet om å stoppe mennesker fra å stemme på demokratene, mens alle argumentene var vikarierende.
Du beskriver de vikarierende argumentene for metoden de kom frem til for hvordan de kan påvirke valget.

...forstår du hvor lettlurt du fremstår, når du nettopp har blitt presentert beviser for at de lyger til deg -- og du tror på løgnene, selv om vi vet at det er løgner fordi vi vet at grunnen til at forslaget ble presentert var å hindre lovlige stemmegivere å stemme demokratisk, fordi de faktisk har sagt det rett ut, og vi har på papiret prosessen med å komme på de vikarierende argumentene du gjentar..?!

Endret av Red Frostraven
  • Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar

Siste:
Rapporten fra Husets etterretningskommité sin riksrettsgranskning med åpne høringer i 2 uker og lukkede høringer i forkant, ble publisert nå nettopp og omtalt i nyhetskanaler.

READ: Impeachment Inquiry Report By House Intelligence Committee
https://www.npr.org/2019/12/03/782759563/read-impeachment-inquiry-report-by-house-intelligence-committee

Rapporten kan leses her:
f1031cea-9471-4f9c-ba36-f863bfb5310f.png
"The testimony from these witnesses produced overwhelming and clear evidence of President Trump’s misconduct, which is described in detail in the first section of this report."

Les på nett: https://intelligence.house.gov/report/
Link for nedlasting: 
https://intelligence.house.gov/UploadedFiles/20191203_-_FULL_REPORT___HPSCI_IMPEACHMENT_INQUIRY_-_20191203.pdf

Saken er oversendt justiskommitéen hvor høringer starter i morgen med en gjennomgang av juridiske aspekter presentert av 4 vitner med ekspertise på dette.

Endret av xRun
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
jallajall skrev (4 minutter siden):

Nei, det har ikke noe med det å gjøre i hele tatt.

Utgangspunktet for lovforslaget hadde ingenting med lovforslaget å gjøre..?

Si meg -- har du det bra?

Det ville ikke vært noe lovforslag om denne gruppen stemte på republikanerene.
Da ville de fortsatt med gerrymanderingen sin i stedet for å forsøke andre måter å undergrave demokratiet og ta USA nærmere fascisme.

Endret av Red Frostraven
  • Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
30 minutes ago, Red Frostraven said:

Utgangspunktet for lovforslaget hadde ingenting med lovforslaget å gjøre..?

Si meg -- har du det bra?

Det ville ikke vært noe lovforslag om denne gruppen stemte på republikanerene.
Da ville de fortsatt med gerrymanderingen sin i stedet for å forsøke andre måter å undergrave demokratiet og ta USA nærmere fascisme.

Lovforslag? Hvilken gruppe? Hva snakker du om?!
Ikke-statsborgere har ikke stemmerett, hvordan kan disse stemme på demokratene eller republikanerne?! Spørsmålet im citizenship på "folketellinga" har da ingenting med stemmerett eller voter-ID å gjøre.

Befolkningsdemografien brukes for å dele opp distrikter, noe som skal skje hvert 10. år i følge loven.
Kritikerne mener at GOP vil bruke citizenship spørsmålet for å dele opp distrikter ut fra hvor mange statsborgere de har, ikke ut fra hvor mange som faktisk bor der.

For å illustrere med et ekstremt eksempel:
La oss si California har 37 milloner innbyggere. Dersom spørsmål om statborgerskap hadde avslørt at kun 50.000 var amerikanske borgere, og resten bare et resultat av sanctuary cities o.l., - hvordan bør distriktene deles opp og hvor mange seter bør California få?

Og du da, har du det bra?

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Live nå:
Første åpne høring i justiskommitéen i riksretts-etterforskningen mot Trump. I dag er det 4 grunnlovsjurister, bla. professorer som jobber med utdanning av landets jurister, som avgir forklaring om det juridiske vedr. riksrett og avsettelse av en president, hensikten med at USA's grunnleggere implementerte en slik funksjon, og redegjørelse for når de mente at dette skrittet var/er nødvendig.

Live i nyhetskanaler, hvorav flere har kansellert sine vanlige programmer for å dekke dette.

Alternativ stream:

Spoiler

Lenke til kommentar
On 12/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, Red Frostraven said:

...forstår du hvor lettlurt du fremstår, når du nettopp har blitt presentert beviser for at de lyger til deg -- og du tror på løgnene, selv om vi vet at det er løgner fordi vi vet at grunnen til at forslaget ble presentert var å hindre lovlige stemmegivere å stemme demokratisk, fordi de faktisk har sagt det rett ut, og vi har på papiret prosessen med å komme på de vikarierende argumentene du gjentar..?!

Hindre lovyldige stemmegivere? Lykke til med det, går ikke an. Å innføre krav om legitimasjon er ikke å forsøke å hindre lovlige stemmegivere. 

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest
Dette emnet er stengt for flere svar.
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...