Gå til innhold

AMD Zen / Ryzen 1-2-3XXX serie tråden

Anbefalte innlegg

Sitat

ASUS PN50 is the first AMD Ryzen 4000U Mini PC

by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/17/2020 08:33 AM | source: | 4 comment(s)

Asus recently announced an offering for miniPCs, this round they're based on AMD Ryzen 4000-U Series processors. Mostly used in Ultra portbales the 15 Watt SoC can also be used to power up mini PC. 

ASUS didn't price these rather competitively, but we'll have to wait and see how the market responds. Then again, there's isn't mich competion on this product series, and that translates into pricing.

ASUS PN50 specifications:

• SoC (one or the other)
    • AMD Ryzen 7 4800U 8C/16T processor up to 1.8 / 4.2 GHz with 8-core
      Radeon Graphics; 12MB L2/L3 cache
    • AMD Ryzen 7 4700U 8C/8T processor up to 2.0 / 4.1 GHz with 7-core
      Radeon Graphics; 12MB L2/L3 cache
    • AMD Ryzen 5 4600U 6C/12T processor up to 2.1 / 4.0 GHz with 6-core
      Radeon Graphics; 11MB L2/L3 cache
    • AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 6C/6T processor up to 2.3 / 4.0 GHz with 6-core
      Radeon Graphics; 11MB L2/L3 cache
    • AMD Ryzen 3 4300U 4C/4T processor up to 2.7 / 3.7 GHz with 5-core
      Radeon Graphics; 6MB L2/L3 cache
  • System Memory – 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM up to 64GB RAM
  • Storage – M.2 socket for SSD, 2.5″ drive bay for HDD or SSD, MicroSD card socket
  • Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0 and 1x DisplayPort 1.4
  • Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, digital audio output via HDMI port
  • Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45), WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5 via Intel AX200 M.2 card
  • USB – 3x USB 3.0/3.1 ports, 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 USB-C ports with DisplayPort Alt mode support
  • Misc – Power button, IR receiver, and HDD LED
  • Power Supply – TBD
  • Dimensions – 115 x 115 x 49 mm
  • Weight – 0.7 kg

As usual with barebones, you have to supply memory, storage and operating system. Several prices have leaked online:

• Ryzen 3 4300U model – $327 ex. VAT
  • Ryzen 5 4500U model – $336 ex VAT
  • Ryzen 7 4700U model – $388 ex VAT
  • Ryzen 7 4800U model – $508 ex VAT

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-pn50-is-the-first-amd-ryzen-4000u-mini-pc.html

Sitat

AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT and Ryzen 9 3900XT Will Not Get Coolers Included

by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/16/2020 08:26 AM | source: momomo_us (Twitter) | 13 comment(s)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT and Ryzen 9 3900XT Will Not Get Coolers Included

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-7-3800xt-and-ryzen-9-3900xt-will-not-get-coolers-included.html

AMD Ryzen 3 4300U can play Crysis, even with the CPU cooler removed

By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/15/2020 02:12 PM | 20 comment(s) ]
AMD Ryzen 3 4300U can play Crysis, even with the CPU cooler removed

And apparently, yes that is possible as heat protection kicks in and the APU clocks down. It was Twitter user, Fritzchens Fritz who got the funky idea to see if it was possible to run the processor all naked, that's right no cooler. He did just that, put a heat camera on top of, and started to observe the quad-core under load to see what would happen.

Read more
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Dette er vel allerede nevnt men en god ting kan nesten ikke sies for ofte.

AMD Confirms "Vermeer" Zen 3 Not Delayed, to Launch in 2020
by btarunr Today, 17:34 Discuss (26 Comments)

AMD in an official briefing call with us confirmed that the company's "Zen 3" client processors are on-track for launch within 2020. This refutes rumors that "Zen 3" based Ryzen processors had been delayed to 2021 in favor of giving the upcoming Ryzen 3000XT reign over the rest of the year. The call was chaired by AMD's client-segment product managers who were speaking purely in context of their product segment, which is how we deduce that they were referring to "Vermeer" and not [just] "Milan." They were responding to speculation that "Zen 3" has been delayed to 2021, forcing AMD to refresh its existing IP.

In the call, AMD told us that the information about "Zen 3" launching in 2020 is not under embargo, and so here we are. An AMD spokesperson told us that "the rumor on Zen 3 delay is inaccurate." AMD recently also refuted rumors of "Zen 3" being based on 5 nm, by putting out microarchitecture roadmap slides on the occasion of a recent investor relations event, which reaffirmed "Zen 3" as a 7 nm-class microarchitecture.

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar

UEFI scanner brings Microsoft Defender ATP protection to a new level

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/uefi-scanner-brings-microsoft-defender-atp-protection-to-a-new-level.html

Oops.

AMD SMM Callout Privilege Escalation Detected

by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/18/2020 02:12 PM | source: amd.com | 0 comment(s)
AMD SMM Callout Privilege Escalation Detected

AMD disclosed information on a vulnerability.  The issue resides certain client- and APU processors launched between 2016 and 2019 and invokes an SMM Callout Privilege Escalation Vulnerability, discovered by Danny Odler, and chronicled under CVE-2020-12890.

In short, the vulnerability involves an attacker with elevated system privileges to manipulate the AGESA microcode of the UEFI firmware to execute arbitrary code undetected by the operating system. AMD will be releasing AGESA updates that mitigate the vulnerability which will not affect performance in any way. It seems the latest platforms are already immune to the vulnerability. Here's AMD on the topic:

SMM Callout Privilege Escalation (CVE-2020-12890)
6/17/20

AMD is aware of new research related to a potential vulnerability in AMD software technology supplied to motherboard manufacturers for use in their Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) infrastructure and plans to complete delivery of updated versions designed to mitigate the issue by the end of June 2020.

The targeted attack described in the research requires privileged physical or administrative access to a system based on select AMD notebook or embedded processors. If this level of access is acquired, an attacker could potentially manipulate the AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture (AGESA) to execute arbitrary code undetected by the operating system.

AMD believes this only impacts certain client and embedded APU processors launched between 2016 and 2019. AMD has delivered the majority of the updated versions of AGESA to our motherboard partners and plans to deliver the remaining versions by the end of June 2020. AMD recommends following the security best practice of keeping devices up-to-date with the latest patches. End users with questions about whether their system is running on these latest versions should contact their motherboard or original equipment/system manufacturer.

We thank Danny Odler for his ongoing security research.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-smm-callout-privilege-escalation-detected.html

Lenke til kommentar
1 hour ago, magnusavr said:

Ser ut som liten vist å oppgradere fra 3900x til 3900xt i alle fall

Det blir som å oppgradere fra en 9900K til en 9900KS, eller mindre spennende spør du meg, fordi en 9900KS er garantert 5.0 Ghz på alle kjerner. Du vet det magiske tallet :wee: En 3900XT vil nok som Nizzen skrev, være helt max klokka ut av esken. Klarer den 4500 Mhz allcore uten for høy vcore, så blir jeg overrasket.

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar

Angående høy Vcore. I går satte jeg opp min Ryzen 3600 på 1.40V i BIOS med LLC4 på et MSI B450I gaming Plus AC.

Satte den så i gang med Prime95 m/AVX2 på FFT-størrelser fra 1024K til 8192K med låst 4100 MHz.

Jeg har kartlagt maksimal stabil frekvens på 1.20V og 1.10V i BIOS med samme LLC i AIDA64 FPU, vi får se om det har blitt noe degradering til lørdag, hvis ikke blir den stående i en drøy uke og modne seg mens jeg koser meg i Risør.

Lenke til kommentar

X570 Taichi SB vifte på 1400RPM (3900X) i "Hvordan fungerer Taichi med utslitt SB vifte i sommer".

- 33.5 grader på verandaen, 28 grader på hjemmekontoret.
- 61.8 grader på SB med kun webbrowsing, kontorarbeid, youtube og 24/7 påslått.
- 1080Ti vifte = "Fan Stop".

Endret av Theo343
Lenke til kommentar

Her er mitt forslag:

RAM, 2x: https://www.proshop.no/RAM/Kingston-HyperX-FURY-DDR4-3200-C16-DC-16GB/2792193

Hovedkort: https://www.proshop.no/Hovedkort/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING-Hovedkort-AMD-B550-AMD-AM4-socket-DDR4-RAM-ATX/2858698

Hovedkortet har ikke PCIe 4.0 på chipset, men du slipper vifta, får en POST-code, USB flashback, bedre minnelayout, noen spill, og du sparer 500 kr om du kjøper både CPU og hovedkort fra Proshop

Minnebrikkene valgte jeg bare fordi de er billige, det er ikke noe problem å kjøre 4x8GB på 3800 MHz for en Ryzen 3000-serie prosessor om du lurer.

Lenke til kommentar

Hadde en skremmende opplevelse i dag når jeg skulle bytte kjøler på min 3900x  Bytta fra nzxt x62 til arctic freezer ii 360.

Etter jeg løsna "thumb" skruene som holdt x62 på plass så satt den godt fast i cpu. Vigla litt fra side til side. Men ikke mye vigle rom pga x62 boltene som står igjen i backplaten. Så til slutt måtte jeg ta i litt. Vips så røska jeg 3900x ut av socketen. Heldigvis ingen bøyde pinner. Satte den inn igjen. Det gikk bra :)

Skremmende dårlig amd socket kontra intel må jeg si. Det der har aldri skjedd meg før.

Endret av magnusavr
  • Innsiktsfullt 1
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...