Gå til innhold

Tråd for kloke ord, ordtak og uttrykk

Anbefalte innlegg

Kan begynne med en liten historie som jeg synes passer bra i dag.

En eldre mann rusler nedover mot en strand da han får øye på en ung gutt som står og kaster noe i vannet. Da han kommer nærmere ser han at det er tusenvis av sjøstjerner som er skylt på land. Gutten kaster en og annen ut i vannet igjen. Mannen går bort til gutten og spør: "Hvorfor kaster du noen sjøstjerner tilbake i vannet? Du får ikke reddet alle uansett, det du gjør betyr ingen ting". Gutten plukker opp enda en sjøstjerne mens han sier: "For denne ene sjøstjernen betyr det alt".

• Liker 9
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Gjest Bruker-95147

vel, siden vi dør i ett sett, både psykisk og fysisk, så finnes døden bestandig, like selvfølgelig som fødsel. Men er enig i at man skal ikke frykte døden,likevel skal man være meget oppmerksom på neste gjenfødsel, fordi den er ikke kommet enda og kan dermed gjøres noe med nu

Endret av Bruker-95147
Lenke til kommentar

Mulig at sitater er utenfor trådens tema? Jeg har en samling kloke ord, men synes ikke de er så gode. La meg finne det jeg synes er best...

Den som vil si sannheten, må ha en fot i stigbøylen

Her tenker jeg på folk som Copernicus og Steinar Lem som begge bodde i samfunn som var så repressive at de måtte vente med å fortelle sannheten til de lå på dødsleiet.

Den første posten var jo mer en anekdote med et poeng en kan reflektere over. Et veldig godt poeng var det også. Slike småhistorier har jeg dessverre ikke.

Endret av ærligøs
Lenke til kommentar

"I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot…and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan

"Den som ikke er vakker når han er tyve, sterk når han er tredve, rik når han er førti og vis når han er femti, vil aldri bli vakker, sterk, rik og vis"

- George Herbert

"Magien oppstår når alt stemmer"

- Eyvind Hellstrøm

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

- Carl Sagan

“The safer skydiving gear becomes, the more chances skydivers will take in order to keep the fatality rate constant”.

- Bill Booth's second law

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.

So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain

"Religion is what the common people see as true, the wise people see as false, and the rulers see as useful"

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca, 4 B.C. - 65 A.D.

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

"The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open"

"Intelligente mennesker manipulerer du til respekt. Idioter slår du."

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."

• Liker 4
Lenke til kommentar

Verden er en komedie for de som tenker, og en tragedie for de som føler.

Hugh Walpole

Den som ikke elsker ensomheten, elsker heller ikke friheten – for bare når man er alene, er man fri.

Schopenhauer

For å kunne forstå noe nytt og viktig, må du være villig til å la ditt nåværende forståelsessystem bryte sammen.

Georg Jahannessen

Insanity in individuals is something rare, but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." -Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

For å dele noen visdomsord fra en av mine favorittforfattere, Steven Erikson:

“Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.”

“You stand before a god! Speak your eloquence for all posterity. Be Profound!"

"Profound ... huh." Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head faced Shadowthrone, and said "Fuck off.”

“There is something profoundly cynical, my friends, in the notion of paradise after death. The lure is evasion. The promise is excusative. One need not accept responsibility for the world as it is, and by extension, one need do nothing about it. To strive for change, for true goodness in this mortal world, one must acknowledge and accept, within one's own soul, that this mortal reality has purpose in itself, that its greatest value is not for us, but for our children and their children. To view life as but a quick passage alone a foul, tortured path – made foul and tortured by our own indifference – is to excuse all manner of misery and depravity, and to exact cruel punishment upon the innocent lives to come.

Lenke til kommentar

Orson Scott Card - forfatteren av, blant annet, Ender's Game, har noen gullkorn.

“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”

“A Great Rabbi stands, teaching in the marketplace. It happens that a husband finds proof that morning of his wife's adultery, and a mob carries her to the marketplace to stone her to death.

There is a familiar version of this story, but a friend of mine - a Speaker for the Dead - has told me of two other Rabbis that faced the same situation. Those are the ones I'm going to tell you.

The Rabbi walks forward and stands beside the woman. Out of respect for him the mob forbears and waits with the stones heavy in their hands. 'Is there any man here,' he says to them, 'who has not desired another man's wife, another woman's husband?'

They murmur and say, 'We all know the desire, but Rabbi none of us has acted on it.'

The Rabbi says, 'Then kneel down and give thanks that God has made you strong.' He takes the woman by the hand and leads her out of the market. Just before he lets her go, he whispers to her, 'Tell the Lord Magistrate who saved his mistress, then he'll know I am his loyal servant.'

So the woman lives because the community is too corrupt to protect itself from disorder.

Another Rabbi. Another city. He goes to her and stops the mob as in the other story and says, 'Which of you is without sin? Let him cast the first stone.'

The people are abashed, and they forget their unity of purpose in the memory of their own individual sins. ‘Someday,’ they think, ‘I may be like this woman. And I’ll hope for forgiveness and another chance. I should treat her as I wish to be treated.’

As they opened their hands and let their stones fall to the ground, the Rabbi picks up one of the fallen stones, lifts it high over the woman’s head and throws it straight down with all his might it crushes her skull and dashes her brain among the cobblestones. ‘Nor am I without sins,’ he says to the people, ‘but if we allow only perfect people to enforce the law, the law will soon be dead – and our city with it.’

So the woman died because her community was too rigid to endure her deviance.

The famous version of this story is noteworthy because it is so startlingly rare in our experience. Most communities lurch between decay and rigor mortis and when they veer too far they die. Only one Rabbi dared to expect of us such a perfect balance that we could preserve the law and still forgive the deviation.

So of course, we killed him.

-San Angelo

Letters to an Incipient Heretic”

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...