Gå til innhold

i915/925 inntar markedet

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Sjekk denne tråden for linker til massevis av tester av i915/925:

http://forum.hardware.no/index.php?showtopic=260464&hl=

Er det egentlig verdt å bytte plattform nå?

De fleste testene svarer på dette spørsmålet, og det er som regel negativt:

"Much Ado about Very Little". That feeling of disappointment comes from seeing so much new technology introduced all at once, and then finding out the real performance benefit is extremely small - if it exists at all. If Intel wants us to turn our computer world upside down, there should be a real tangible benefit to the bucks we are expected to spend. Unfortunately, that performance advantage is pretty hard to find - at least for now. There are certainly a few gems in the total package, but if you're looking for a big performance advantage it just isn't there.
Intel’s new product line not much more than boring. We are seeing no advantages to using their new 925X and 915G chipsets. We are seeing no advantages to currently using PCI-Express video cards. We are currently seeing no advantage to using DDR2 at 533MHz. Quite frankly we are seeing no real advantages at all. Couple that with the fact that a 200MHz core speed bump really equates to nothing now days and you have a launch that falls far short of exciting. If anything, the launch has really shown me how dominant AMD is on the gaming front.

Add to the fact that none of these products can be currently purchased and you likely have one of the biggest paper launches we have seen in the past year. Of course, I am unsure if anyone is going to be rushing out to purchase it anyway.

So what should we make of the whole package, including Intel's new LGA775 Pentium 4 Prescott processors? Well, right now, the AMD64 platform seems to have the lead in terms of overall CPU performance, gaming performance, and memory performance, despite the arrival of PCI Express and DDR2 memory. The Athlon 64 has power consumption and thermal characteristics superior to any system based on an LGA775 processor. Also, the Athlon 64 unambiguously has support right now for 64-bit operating systems and applications as they become available. All in all, no small set of advantages.

AMD also seem to have a big advantage in terms of product availability at the high end of the market. As of today, I couldn't find a single Pentium 4 3.4E listed for sale on PriceWatch, and here we are reviewing a 3.6GHz model. Craziness. Intel needs to launch silicon, not paper.

Endret av snorreh
Lenke til kommentar

Jepp, du har skjønt det. Det er ikke først og fremst på ytelse at gjennombruddet er kommet, men derimot på alt av det integrerte. Vi får en høykvalitets lydchip, noe som før bare var forbeholdt NForce (og ikke nå lenger), vi får wi-fi, dx9 grafikk, NCQ støtte, og en plattform som muliggjør å kjøre fremtidige prosessorer på høyere frekvenser, når tiden er moden. I tillegg er det klargjort for PCI-EX og DDR2, selv om kortene vil komme både med og uten dette foreløpig. Mer nytt på en gang enn dette er det lenge siden vi har sett på chipsetfronten, og det er mange kvalitetskomponenter som nå blir vanligere og man i fremtiden kan forvente at er integrert, takket være Intel.

Dette er slett ikke en dårlig pakke, så snorreh sin negative fokusering og selektive utklipp (ikke så veldig overraskende fra den kanten) blir veldig lite representativt.

Lenke til kommentar

Intel 915/925 boards pulled from Japanese shelves

following a warning of ICH6 bugs last week, motherboard manufacturers made urgent efforts to pick up products for sale in Japan.

According to the site, nearly all products were collected and it suggests there is still no concrete date for products to re-ship.

However, major manufacturer MSI rushed out a press statement at the end of last week to notify customers in Japan where it stood.

It said that it will decide on its strategy tomorrow, when it hopes that it will be able to re-assure its customers, possibly by offering an exchange of motherboards.

The situation with other motherboard manufacturers seems less clear. While Intel has said it is notifying customers of the limited recall, a number of high flying names use the 915x chipsets, and they're still to formally comment on what's happening.

Bakgrunnen for dette kan man lese om hos X-bit labs:

Limited Number of ICH6 to be Recalled

Edit: Min post nr. 2000! :w00t:

Endret av snorreh
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...