Gå til innhold

Sony Ericsson skal lage Google-telefon

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Forøvrig kunne selskapets utviklingssjef, Rikko Sakaguchi, bekrefte at Sony Ericsson vil lage en telefon med Android i bunn.
Dette skal være et rykte, og ikke en offisiell uttalse.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few days, you’ll know that Sony Ericsson joined the Open Handset Alliance on Tuesday along with thirteen other new members. The Open Handset Alliance is a project committed to deploy both handsets and services based on the open-source Android platform, so naturally technology journalists around the globe were interested to find out what Sony Ericsson is up to with regards to developing one or more handsets based on Android. A few days after the initial buzz and interviews, it seems the interest has brought along a false rumour.

Countless blogs and websites are now reporting that Sony Ericsson is ready with an Android-based handset in summer 2009, and even say it’s an official statement from the manufacturer. Well… Had they been paying attention to what was said in the press release rather than anything else, they should have known that this is literally impossible. One site even refers to Sony Ericsson’s Swedish PR-contact Gustaf Brusewitz as “Garfield Brusewitz” - you’ve got to give them credit for paying attention and getting the facts right!

As it is, Sony Ericsson started work on one Android-based handset not too long ago, and that’s it. Sony Ericsson’s press release even stated that they can now “confirm its [sony Ericsson's] intention to develop a handset based on the Android platform”. Did you get that? Intention. Last time I checked, intention doesn’t mean that you can be ready with a product based on a platform that is new to the manufacturer. Heck, it wouldn’t even be possible if we were talking OSE, which is also known as Sony Ericsson’s proprietary operating system for feature phones!

I basically wanted to make it loud and clear that the rumour is false, but now we’re at it, I guess we could have a look at some facts about Sony Ericsson’s Android venture:

* The first Android-based handset will be a high-end product.

* The Android platform won’t be exclusive to high-end products, and will also be used in mass-market products in the future.

* Android-based products won’t be niche products, and Sony Ericsson will continue developing phones based on Symbian and Windows Mobile.

* As of now, there are no specific announcement or release plans for any Android-based product by Sony Ericsson. It is simply too early for anything specific.

(Kilde: Unofficial Sony Ericsson Blog > The truth about Sony Ericsson’s Android venture)
Lenke til kommentar
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...