Gå til innhold

How do you say klimataria in norsk

norskcy

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

En "vinranke" er en plante det vokser druer på.

På det øverste bildet ditt har man altså en vinranke som vokser på en pergola. Hvis jeg skjønner spørsmålet ditt så er du ute etter et ord som beskriver en vinranke på en pergola som kan gi skygge på sommerdager. Et slikt "byggverk" kan jeg ikke huske å ha hørt noe norsk ord for.

English edition

A vine (vinranke) is a plant on which grapes will grow. In your uppermost photo there is a vine (vinranke) on a pergola. If understand your question right you are seking a word for describing a vine (vinranke) on a pergola which can provide shade on summer days. I can not remember to have heard a norwegian word for this "structure".

Lenke til kommentar

Is this a wooden frame for vines to cling on to? I don't think we have something like that in Norway as we don't have enough hot summer days to bother with such constructions. Here it's so rainy we would rather skip the plants, slap a canvas roof on top and call it a "paviljong" or "partytelt", the latter referring to a less permanent version of the type you are likely to find at festivals.

In lack of a word, we could always invent one. Do you know if "klimataria" has a proper English or German translation?

Endret av Isbilen
Lenke til kommentar

Well, well,

this is a very interesting case. No word for klimataria! But after all it's just as natural for the climate there.

OK, first of all I thank you very much for the answers. Yes, the word I am seeking is a single word that describes the whole thing: a pergola/arbour with a vine on it. In english I think you can say vine arbour. In greek there is this single word and a few others also (single words).

Now the problem is how to refer to a klimataria in an article I want to write in my blog. I am just thinking of starting the blog with a definition of the word and then continue with the actual word in greek.

As for a new word in norwegian to describe a structure of an arbour with a vine on it I would suggest the word "klimataria"! (with an accent on the last syllable , that is klimatariá )

Thanks again and I look forward to see more suggestions.

Giorgos

Endret av norskcy
Lenke til kommentar

The original greek word might work, but I'd swap the final "a" with an "um" - klimatarium, [klimata:rium], the last three syllables being pronounced just like in Norwegian "aquarium" - "akvarium" (mixing this Latin heritage into a Greek-derived new word might upset etymologists, but screw them for now) . There may very well be a Norwegian word for this thing, but it's more likely to be found on a gardening forum than here.

EDIT: It seems there is a foreign word in use in the Scandinavian languages, "klimakterium", which refers to the female menopause. Perhaps our new word shouldn't sound too much like this. :D Do you have a similar term for menopause in Greece?

EDIT2: Bingo! After some googling, I found that around here you can use the Italian word "pergola" or the Norwegian "løvhytte".

pergola m1 (it., eg 'løvhytte') søylegang med slyngplanter og sprinkeltak
Endret av Isbilen
Lenke til kommentar

Jo, vi bruker de ordene. Faktisk de ordene er gresk! Vi si "krimaktirios" og "emminopause". Se dette linken for mer detaljer.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search...searchmode=none

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search...searchmode=none

Og nå litt om det ny ordet på norsk. OK, klimatarium, høres mer chic. Men, hvorfor ikke prøve med de to norsk ordene som skulle bli i en. Så, jeg foreslår "vinrankesløvhytte". Hva tenker du om dette?

Lenke til kommentar
Og nå litt om det ny ordet på norsk. OK, klimatarium, høres mer chic. Men, hvorfor ikke prøve med de to norsk ordene som skulle bli i en. Så, jeg foreslår "vinrankesløvhytte". Hva tenker du om dette?

Det var et litt tungt sammensatt ord. Man måtte i tilfelle droppet s'en slik at det ble "vinrankeløvhytte".

Og det er jo egentlig ikke en hytte? Kanskje en vinrankepaviljong?

Lenke til kommentar
  • 5 uker senere...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...